PDA

View Full Version : Drag Radials & Line Locks Installed

MarauderTJA
10-14-2005, 05:55 PM
Getting the final mods on the car in preparation for the Southern Super Heavy Weight Shootout at Atlanta Dragway on November 5th. Just need the driveshaft loop and I am done.

What a difference the drag radials make on the widened rims. Stealth mode is gone as these wheels and tires really make the car look agressive. But boy, absolutely unreal traction. Even on the street with 35 lbs pressure, the car really hooked up when I nailed it from a dead stop. Incredible rocket ride. From a dead stop, the 4.10's and 3000 speed Stallion torque convertor can now do its job putting the power to the pavement. With the stock tires, although impressive for tire shredding, the power wasn't being put down and the car hardly moved. All the horsepower you make is useless if you can't put it to the pavement.

Also tested the line locks on the back parkng lot of my office tonight in a wet spot and did a smokin burnout. I cannot wait to get Procharger # 2 on the track. It is going to be a blast.:D I'am ready:banana2:

BillyGman
10-15-2005, 12:36 AM
AAAAAHHHHH! A wise choice to go with drag radials. Gotta put that monsterous power to the pavement, and the standard radials just won't do that. Good luck!

MarauderTJA
10-15-2005, 07:42 AM
AAAAAHHHHH! A wise choice to go with drag radials. Gotta put that monsterous power to the pavement, and the standard radials just won't do that. Good luck!
Thanks Billy. Have to start practicing the launch and burnouts:burnout: .

Marauderman
10-15-2005, 03:14 PM
Getting the final mods on the car in preparation for the Southern Super Heavy Weight Shootout at Atlanta Dragway on November 5th. Just need the driveshaft loop and I am done.

What a difference the drag radials make on the widened rims. Stealth mode is gone as these wheels and tires really make the car look agressive. But boy, absolutely unreal traction. Even on the street with 35 lbs pressure, the car really hooked up when I nailed it from a dead stop. Incredible rocket ride. From a dead stop, the 4.10's and 3000 speed Stallion torque convertor can now do its job putting the power to the pavement. With the stock tires, although impressive for tire shredding, the power wasn't being put down and the car hardly moved. All the horsepower you make is useless if you can't put it to the pavement.

Also tested the line locks on the back parkng lot of my office tonight in a wet spot and did a smokin burnout. I cannot wait to get Procharger # 2 on the track. It is going to be a blast.:D I'am ready:banana2:

I couldn't agree with you more---yeah--rocket ride---very good way to put it---thats how I felt when I did mine the same way--except mines
with even higher gears---oh yeah---you are so right! Good luck and congrats.........Tom

maraudernkc
10-16-2005, 07:46 PM
Tom, I hope you get what you want out of your car in Atlanta.

MarauderTJA
10-17-2005, 09:04 AM
Tom, I hope you get what you want out of your car in Atlanta.Thanks Greg. I will be ready. Have the driveshaft loop ordered and on the way.
Will be getting some practice soon at the track to dial in the burnouts and launch. 19 Days to go and counting.

DEFYANT
10-17-2005, 09:31 AM
At what point do you require a driveshaft loop? Is that a track requirement?

MarauderTJA
10-17-2005, 10:37 AM
At what point do you require a driveshaft loop? Is that a track requirement?
12.99 or quicker requires a driveshaft loop as per NHRA requirement.

BillyGman
10-17-2005, 11:16 AM
12.99 or quicker requires a driveshaft loop as per NHRA requirement.I run low 12's and they never required oit from me. No driveshaft loop on my car. I thought that was just required for stick shift cars.

MarauderTJA
10-17-2005, 04:41 PM
I run low 12's and they never required oit from me. No driveshaft loop on my car. I thought that was just required for stick shift cars.
You may be right Billy. The rules did not specify auto or stick cars. But to play it safe, I am putting one on. I would hate to drive all the way up there and get booted.

FordNut
10-17-2005, 05:36 PM
From the rules at sshs5 website:

Driveshaft loop in 1) cars running slicks 13.99 or quicker, 2) all cars running 12.99 or quicker

BillyGman
10-18-2005, 01:00 AM
From the rules at sshs5 website:

Driveshaft loop in 1) cars running slicks 13.99 or quicker, 2) all cars running 12.99 or quickerWow! I've never heard of rules like that for cars over 12.0 ET's. Sounds pretty strict. :confused:

FordNut
10-18-2005, 03:40 AM
Wow! I've never heard of rules like that for cars over 12.0 ET's. Sounds pretty strict. :confused:
I believe it's straight from the NHRA rulebook.