PDA

View Full Version : This is awesome...

mpearce
10-17-2005, 07:09 AM
I love it when I type out a long PM...hit submit, and the computer tells me Ive been logged off of the website...I go back to find my entire PM has dissappeared.

Any way to fix this cool feature?

-Mat

Agent M79
10-17-2005, 07:20 AM
Being prone to occasionally ramble and post multi-post messages, I use an offline editor, save frequently, and copy and paste to post here.

That pretty much confounds those that conspire to suppress my communications and use the vageries of instability of the Internet and/or my computing platform of choise as cover. Cause you know they do. They always have. They always will.

Just so you know who they are and so you can confound them as well, they are ..?(NNSF*lknN?o8DJj JNSAD mASmn,oiASjn NMSF,,

Good Luck,
Agent M79

mpearce
10-17-2005, 07:36 AM
I know it's my own fault...but I get caught up in telling a story...don't pay attention to the time...quickly hit the submit button, and all is lost!

Maybe they could put in a "youre about to get booted" bubble that pops up with a 10 second countdown...and for someone rambling on (like myself) they can click "stay online" before 10 reaches 0. And for someone who has walked away from their computer...when the counter reaches 0, they get booted.

Or is that too complicated? :o

-Mat

MM03MOK
10-17-2005, 07:43 AM
If you "Preview", it actually refreshes to a new page. If you get logged off, log back on and go back to the previous page and you'll still see the info from your last Preview so you at least don't have to start from scratch. The longer the PM/Post, Preview more often.

Do you have your log-on set to remember your password? Don't use MS Word for offline compostition because Word adds its own characters. You'll have to edit them out once pasted and previewed. Try Notepad or Wordpad.

Note: if you're idle for more than 20 minutes, the site doesn't recognize you until you refresh a page. This is where the auto log-in helps. It assumes you've logged off if you're idle that long, I believe.

Agent M79
10-17-2005, 07:50 AM
True, Word injects a little XML metadata garbage. If you prefer to use it because of it's tools, copy and paste to notepad and then from notepad to the site and all that junk goes away.

martyo
10-17-2005, 08:21 AM
Strangely, I feel a pang of guilt....

MERCMAN
10-17-2005, 08:29 AM

WOW!!

A lawyer with a heart AND a conscience:eek:

Somebody call Ripleys:lol:

FordNut
10-17-2005, 10:36 AM
I love it when I type out a long PM...hit submit, and the computer tells me Ive been logged off of the website...I go back to find my entire PM has dissappeared.

-Mat
Yes,,,
Before you hit submit, highlight the whole message and copy it. Then if you submit it and have a problem you can just log back in and paste the message into the dialogue box.

MM03MOK
10-17-2005, 10:48 AM
Yes,,,
Before you hit submit, highlight the whole message and copy it. Then if you submit it and have a problem you can just log back in and past the message into the dialogue box.Another great hint. I remember to do that after about the third failure! :confused:

Bigdogjim
10-17-2005, 11:15 AM
WOW!!

A lawyer with a heart AND a conscience:eek:

Somebody call Ripleys:lol:
Joke of the day! :rofl: :laugh:

CRUZTAKER
10-17-2005, 05:09 PM

-Mat

Oh man have I done this before.:mad2:

It is now a habit to select all, and copy, all the text in the longer posts or pm's.before I click submit. ;)

mpearce
10-18-2005, 06:04 AM
And rightly so sir!!

:D

-Mat

mpearce
10-18-2005, 06:06 AM
Thank you for all of the suggestions...I will now be more PM savvy!

-Mat