PDA

View Full Version : gauge pod on center console

Mattsmerc
03-26-2003, 04:44 PM
DOES ANY BODY HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE PAINT COMING OFF THE CENTER CONSOLE WHERE THE GAUGES ARE AND AROUND THE A/C CONTROLS????:mad: :help: I WAS CLEANING MY CAR OUT WITH MILD SOAP AND WATER AND THE PAINT KEEPS COMING OFF AFTER I SEND THE CAR BACK TO THE DEALERSHIP AND THEY SAID THEY ARE GOING TO ORDER A NEW POD WILL THIS BE A PROBLEM AGAIN?

Menace
03-26-2003, 04:57 PM
This is a problem that has been addressed here by a few members. I have not had this problem myself.

G-Man
03-28-2004, 02:44 PM
Would anyone be able to tell me what holds the center gauge pod on? Mine has become very loose. I was wondering how to tighten it back up.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions (related to the car, of course :coolman: ).

Petrograde
03-28-2004, 02:49 PM
Would anyone be able to tell me what holds the center gauge pod on? Mine has become very loose. I was wondering how to tighten it back up.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions (related to the car, of course :coolman: ).

Holy Attack of the Old Threads Batman!

When I removed my gauge cluster I basically just pulled it out,.. after pushing in on the sides a bit. Replaced in reverse order.

Maybe one of the tangs snapped? pull it and check.

G-Man
03-28-2004, 02:58 PM
Holy Attack of the Old Threads Batman!

When I removed my gauge cluster I basically just pulled it out,.. after pushing in on the sides a bit. Replaced in reverse order.

Maybe one of the tangs snapped? pull it and check.

I'm sure that this has been discussed to nausium..... So I really appreciate the reply. So you're saying that the proper way to remove it is just to grab it and pull it toward me? The whole unit will just come out?

Petrograde
03-28-2004, 03:00 PM
correct way? well... hmmm... to tell ya the truth, I'm not sure. But, I've had it off twice. I've had no probs since.

G-Man
03-28-2004, 03:06 PM
correct way? well... hmmm... to tell ya the truth, I'm not sure. But, I've had it off twice. I've had no probs since.

Just checking on the "correct way" :lol: . Ok, you're the man. I'll give it a shot and see what happened to it.

Thanks for your help. :bows:

Petrograde
03-28-2004, 03:07 PM
:lol: anytime!