PDA

View Full Version : All good things come to an end

SC Cheesehead
10-21-2005, 11:04 AM
Hey folks,

Just a quick note to let you all know that Ms. SCCH was hit head-on as she was heading into work Wednesday morning. Still awaiting word from the GVL Sheriff's Dept., but it looks like some guy who had been out partying all night was trying to drive home and unfortunately Terry was in the wrong place at the right time.

She was going about 50 when she got hit, luckily the airbags did their job and she escaped with only bumps and bruises. The other guy's ledgs were apparently busted up pretty bad.

I've been out of town all week, so haven't seen the car, but from Terry's description, it may well be totalled.

Will keep you posted.

SCCH

Haggis
10-21-2005, 11:25 AM
Hey folks,

Just a quick note to let you all know that Ms. SCCH was hit head-on as she was heading into work Wednesday morning. Still awaiting word from the GVL Sheriff's Dept., but it looks like some guy who had been out partying all night was trying to drive home and unfortunately Terry was in the wrong place at the right time.

She was going about 50 when she got hit, luckily the airbags did their job and she escaped with only bumps and bruises. The other guy's ledgs were apparently busted up pretty bad.

I've been out of town all week, so haven't seen the car, but from Terry's description, it may well be totalled.

Will keep you posted.

SCCH
Sorry to hear the horrible news. Glad to hear your wife was not seriously injured, the car can be replaced.

LordVader
10-21-2005, 11:59 AM
:mad: Man that sucks!! Good to hear that the Mrs. was not seriously injured. In the grand scheme that is what counts. Hope the car can be straightened out without too much bending and twisting.

FordNut
10-21-2005, 12:01 PM
Bad news, good news. Hate to hear of the accident but great to know the safety factor we have in driving them is real. If it's a total, you gotta get another one. Nothing else compares.

Ken
10-21-2005, 12:04 PM
Sorry to hear the horrible news. Glad to hear your wife was not seriously injured, the car can be replaced.^^^What He said^^^

STLR FN
10-21-2005, 12:17 PM
Cars can be replaced, people can't. Glad to see the misses is alright.

Hotrauder
10-21-2005, 12:31 PM
Thankfully all that crumple zone works. One more reason to love our cars. Glad she is going to be ok and good luck with your insurance company. Dennis

Bigdogjim
10-21-2005, 12:33 PM
Very sorry to hear of the accident.

On the plus side the Mrs. is OK?

If the car cannot be re-built then a replacement can be found:)

We hear if you need us.

Prayers are on the way!

God Bless

Bluerauder
10-21-2005, 12:57 PM
Just a quick note to let you all know that Ms. SCCH was hit head-on as she was heading into work Wednesday morning.
Glad to hear that the wife is OK. Sorry to hear about your MM. :(

RoyLPita
10-21-2005, 01:29 PM

What he said^^^^^^^^^^.

Cobra25
10-21-2005, 01:38 PM
I'm glad to hear your wife wasn't seriously Injured. Sorry to hear about your car too. Tell your wife we send our blessings & hope she feel's better real soon.

fastblackmerc
10-21-2005, 03:10 PM
I'm glad to hear your wife wasn't seriously Injured. Sorry to hear about your car too. Tell your wife we send our blessings & hope she feel's better real soon.
Gald to hear the wife's OK. The MM can be fixed or replaced.

Agent M79
10-21-2005, 03:23 PM
WHOA! WHOOA! Man that sounds so scary! Mrs. Agent and I are stunned. I am glad Terry is OK.

We'll work on the Marauder later.

MM2004
10-21-2005, 03:26 PM
What^^^^he^^^^said! Prayers to the Mrs. on feeling better.

Mike.

jgc61sr2002
10-21-2005, 03:29 PM
Glad your wife is OK. The Marauder did it's job and protected your wife from more serious injury.

CRUZTAKER
10-21-2005, 03:34 PM
Our thoughts are of quick mental recovery for BOTH of you. Glad to hear your wife is ok physically.;)

That story is pretty grim.

Bradley G
10-21-2005, 04:01 PM
On My anniversary, I hear this tragic story
I have been reflecting how wonderful having a loving loyal spouse is.
A prayer for your Wifes speedy and complete recovery.
I regret, sometimes it takes an unfortunate incident like this, to realize how luckey we are.

Marauderman
10-21-2005, 04:35 PM
Whoah!!!!!!!!!! WOW!! Can't believe I am reading this!! WOW!--AM so Glad Terry is ok from your response--That MM can very well protect us--AM so glad she is ok---Damn those drunks----don't know what to say my friend---let us know what is going on--needless to say we all are so sorry for this situation----stay in touch with us all--we await your updates---Tom

dok
10-21-2005, 06:17 PM
So sorry to hear this Rex. Let us know if there is anything that Lola and I can do. Very glad to hear that Terry is ok.

SC Cheesehead
10-21-2005, 07:11 PM
Wow!

Thanks to everyone for the thoughts and prayers. We have a heck of community here!

I didn't get in until a few minutes ago, so it was too dark to go down and look at the car, will try and do that tomorrow. Will take a few pics and get them posted.

Yes, thank God she was driving a REAL car, I believe if she'd been in anything less that she wouldn't have survived.

SCCH

seabreeze
10-21-2005, 07:24 PM
The other guys covered it...but I agree. The safety factor of this car is one reason why Mrs. Seabreeze and kid get to drive in it. Glad your better half is all right. All the best on Marauder Number Two... :)

SC Cheesehead
10-22-2005, 03:33 PM
What a day. Wrecking yard that my MM was taken to isn't open on weekends, so I wasn't able to get up close to the car, much less retreive any items from it; however it's being guarded to two VERY large Rotweilers, so I think any contents in the car are safe. I was able to snap a couple of photos (attached).

On first look, the car doesn't look as bad as I thought it would, most of the damage is on the left front corner, although the roof has a tear in it right above the driver's door (per Ms. SCCH). My guess is bent frame, but won't know until we can get a closer look.

Also, sounds like the driver of the other car was uninsured, not a good thing.

The saga continues.

SCCH

stevencory
10-22-2005, 05:15 PM
We are so sorry. That's terrible.
Hoping the best for Terry and
really glad she wasn't hurt.
Maybe the car is repairable.

Wishing you luck,
Steven and Jean

Agent M79
10-22-2005, 08:48 PM
I've seen worse get fixed and fixed right. The lack of insurance may be a problem though.

Now that it has been a few days, how is Terry? Getting around ok? New aches, pains, bruising?

fastblackmerc
10-22-2005, 09:27 PM
I've seen worse get fixed and fixed right. The lack of insurance may be a problem though.

Now that it has been a few days, how is Terry? Getting around ok? New aches, pains, bruising?
Checkto see if your insurance policy has low / uninsured coverage. Most do.

SC Cheesehead
10-23-2005, 03:30 AM

We do have uninsured motorist coverage, albeit with a $500 deductable, but I think we'll exceed that.:o

Again, thanks for everyone's thoughts. It's a real blessing to have friends such as those in the MM community. Terry's bruised pretty heavily across her chest from the seat belt, and has what looks like rug burns on her hands and arms, I guess from contact with the airbag. Her left hand is banged up pretty good, but no broken bones. All in all, one lucky lady, thanks to the Good Lord and FoMoCo engineering.

SCCH

Agent M79
10-23-2005, 06:06 AM
Well SCCH, you may have a hard time convincing her to not fix or get another MM.

I have yet to meet a woman who has been in a serious accident in which the vehicle notably sacrificed itself for her that doesn't want another one just like it.

Get more pics when you can and keep us posted.

Marauderman
10-25-2005, 04:18 AM
Good to hear Terry is not any worst off--the car looks serious on the left front wheel and undercarraige possibility--darn---all in all--the overall cost may be cheaper than replacing it--parts are still out there from L/M for such wreck replacements that are not totaled--and I don't think it looks that far into the Totaled area as yet$$$---keep us posted--and again --give Terry our best wishes and tell her we are all thinking of her---and uh...what Agent said---yeah--get it fixed ot another for sure !!!! ...humm..lets see...time to look at those classifieds again...............Tom

prchrman
10-25-2005, 06:03 AM
SCCH...just saw this thread am sorry about the car...but...super glad Terry is ok...you 2 are really good folk...willie

Proudcop
10-26-2005, 04:41 AM
Wow, real glad to hear shes ok, thats what counts!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

JCB

ckadiddle
10-26-2005, 07:49 AM
Glad to hear she is OK! I suspect the Marauder will be totaled out by your insurance company though. Not a professional opinion though.

the_pack_rat
10-27-2005, 06:39 PM
Sorry to hear about what happened ... been there know the scenario all too well.

As others have said tho ... the most important thing is, your wife is ok.

SC Cheesehead
10-28-2005, 08:59 PM
Glad to hear she is OK! I suspect the Marauder will be totaled out by your insurance company though. Not a professional opinion though.
Yep, got word from the adjuster yesterday that the car's being totalled. He estimated over 20k worth of damage. I STILL haven't seen the car up close, but my son has; said damage is much worse than appears in the photos.

Also, found out the other guy had insurance :sweat: so that's a good thing. Unofficial word received through our company's adjuster is that the guy doesn't recall the accident....DOESN'T EVEN RECALL DRIVING THE CAR THAT MORNING (talk about being out of it!). Once again, we realize how truly blessed we are to have Ms. Cheesehead come out of it with only bumps and bruises.

On the brighter side, we're going to look at a replacement MM tomorrow evening up in the CLT area, will keep everyone posted.

SCCH

bigslim
10-28-2005, 09:22 PM
Glad she is alright. Sorry about the car.

Agent M79
10-29-2005, 04:06 AM
On the brighter side, we're going to look at a replacement MM tomorrow evening up in the CLT area, will keep everyone posted.

Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout.

Let us know if you need some extra eyes on it.

SC Cheesehead
10-29-2005, 06:41 PM
Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout.

Let us know if you need some extra eyes on it.
Agent,

Looks like we found "the one." Put some cash down to hold it until we can complete financing arrangements, etc., will provide more details after we're certain it's a done deal.

Will tell you for now that I'm going to need a different colored shirt. ;)

SCCH

dok
10-29-2005, 09:29 PM
Agent,

Looks like we found "the one." Put some cash down to hold it until we can complete financing arrangements, etc., will provide more details after we're certain it's a done deal.

Will tell you for now that I'm going to need a different colored shirt. ;)

SCCH

I heard about the one you're looking at from frdwrnch. Sounds like a nice one. :banana2:

Marauderman
10-30-2005, 08:55 AM
I heard about the one you're looking at from frdwrnch. Sounds like a nice one. :banana2:
Hey!!!!!!!! Don't leave me out in the dark- :( ---somebody getting a Black maybe.. :bows: . . eh!!.

hey frdwrnch----you get my PM????--I have a problem-- :mad2:

- and Queen City had one Black one last week---- :banana: ---

you getting this one from wrnch's place???-- :confused:

sombody start talking!!!!!!!!!!! :D ;)

SC Cheesehead
10-31-2005, 05:00 AM
Hey!!!!!!!! Don't leave me out in the dark- :( ---somebody getting a Black maybe.. :bows: . . eh!!.

hey frdwrnch----you get my PM????--I have a problem-- :mad2:

- and Queen City had one Black one last week---- :banana: ---

you getting this one from wrnch's place???-- :confused:

sombody start talking!!!!!!!!!!! :D ;)

Patience, my friend, all questions will be answered by the end of the week. :whistle:

SCCH

RoyLPita
10-31-2005, 05:33 AM
If you have a MM in mind, PM me the VIN and I'll check it out for you.

SC Cheesehead
11-01-2005, 07:31 AM
Roy,

RE: "Who would've thought that a car could bring so many good people together???

IMHO, this site- the members that I chat with- and the ones that I now Hang with- are like my 2nd family. There is such an ongoing welcome feeling here that even members who don't own the MM can feel."

A big ROGER on those thoughts! :up: Truly a great bunch of folks.

SCCH<!-- / sig -->

SC Cheesehead
11-08-2005, 07:08 PM
I finally made it out to the salvage yard last weekend. got a couple up-close photos of the DTR.

Don't know if you'll be able to see it in the pictures, but the front end of the car is pushed over about 2 1/2 inched to the right, and the left side is pushed back about 1 1/2 inches, the left rear door is pushed up and over the door opening. Needless to say, the driver's door doesn't come anywhere near closing.

Long and short of it is that after seeing the car, I'm even more convinced that Terry's minor injuries were a real blessing.

We're going to miss the DTR, but I'm replacing it with a blue '03 that we found just outside of Charlotte. (Many thanks to frdwrnch for the lead!)

SCCH

Tallboy
11-08-2005, 07:25 PM
Man, it hurts to even look at those pics...

jgc61sr2002
11-08-2005, 07:31 PM
What he said.:( ^^^^

ckadiddle
11-09-2005, 07:15 AM
A testament to the sturdiness of this platform for sure.

FordNut
11-09-2005, 07:29 AM
I finally made it out to the salvage yard last weekend. got a couple up-close photos of the DTR.

Don't know if you'll be able to see it in the pictures, but the front end of the car is pushed over about 2 1/2 inched to the right, and the left side is pushed back about 1 1/2 inches, the left rear door is pushed up and over the door opening. Needless to say, the driver's door doesn't come anywhere near closing.

Long and short of it is that after seeing the car, I'm even more convinced that Terry's minor injuries were a real blessing.

We're going to miss the DTR, but I'm replacing it with a blue '03 that we found just outside of Charlotte. (Many thanks to frdwrnch for the lead!)

SCCH
So how negotiable is your insurance company on a buyback? Lots of good parts there! (and I've been thinking an upgrade to heated seats would be nice on my 300A).

Dragcity
11-09-2005, 07:38 AM
So sorry you and your Wife had to go through that. It's a scary thing to have happen. I send all my best, and am glad she is doing well.

Marauderman
11-09-2005, 05:29 PM
I got input on where she sits--and I'm going for parts as well when she is turned over to the yard folks---so time to get in line--besides I don't want heated seats anyway--and uh,, Cheese--keep that location secret for awhile--and Brian you get first dibs on those seats --not to worry---Tom

FordNut
11-09-2005, 07:06 PM
I got input on where she sits--and I'm going for parts as well when she is turned over to the yard folks---so time to get in line--besides I don't want heated seats anyway--and uh,, Cheese--keep that location secret for awhile--and Brian you get first dibs on those seats --not to worry---Tom
Great...

It takes a lot more than seats, though. Wiring harness (a couple of them), door panels, seats...

Don't forget about me!

SC Cheesehead
11-10-2005, 04:00 AM
Joe,

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. In the bigger scheme of things everything turned out okay. Terry escaped with only minor bumps and bruises, and we were able to find a beautiful replacment MM at a decent price.

Will miss the DTR, though....love that color!

Rex

Marauderman
11-10-2005, 09:20 AM
Great...

It takes a lot more than seats, though. Wiring harness (a couple of them), door panels, seats...

Don't forget about me!
No problem Brian--Maybe we all go down and get a haul all at once---guy would freak out seeing a bunch of MMs pulling in together --probably let stuff go cheaper thinking we're in some secret organization---yeah --in a way - we are :lol:

RoyLPita
11-10-2005, 01:48 PM
I could use the jack assembly and owner's manual.

Marauderman
11-10-2005, 06:09 PM
No problem Brian--Maybe we all go down and get a haul all at once---guy would freak out seeing a bunch of MMs pulling in together --probably let stuff go cheaper thinking we're in some secret organization---yeah --in a way - we are :lol:
I hear there are 3 MMs in the salvage yard --could be a good find....

SC Cheesehead
11-10-2005, 06:27 PM
Got an update on the "alleged" MM's in the salvage yard. Only one (mine), the other two are daily drivers owned by guys that own the yard.

Mine is still titled. The insurance companies are duking it out over payout, seems the other guy had minimum coverage insurance and liability limit may be below the value of the car. Will let you know as soon as I hear more.

Picked up my blue '03 this evening. It's a beauty, 9K actual miles on it. Will post pictures as soon I I get some.

SCCH

SCCH

SCCH

Agent M79
11-10-2005, 06:54 PM
If the boys running the yard have 2 MM's as daily drivers I'd bet that anyone expecting parts off SCCH's are gonna have slim pickin's for the primo parts.

Best to go over the fence at night with Benedryl Burgers for the dogs. Not that I would know anything about that.

Marauderman
11-10-2005, 07:25 PM
If the boys running the yard have 2 MM's as daily drivers I'd bet that anyone expecting parts off SCCH's are gonna have slim pickin's for the primo parts.

Best to go over the fence at night with Benedryl Burgers for the dogs. Not that I would know anything about that.
You nailed this one on the head--just what I was thinking--darn!! Still we must give it a try--they can only duplicate so much on theirs anyway---!!

Marauderman
11-11-2005, 05:12 AM
Got an update on the "alleged" MM's in the salvage yard. Only one (mine), the other two are daily drivers owned by guys that own the yard.

Mine is still titled. The insurance companies are duking it out over payout, seems the other guy had minimum coverage insurance and liability limit may be below the value of the car. Will let you know as soon as I hear more.

Picked up my blue '03 this evening. It's a beauty, 9K actual miles on it. Will post pictures as soon I I get some.

SCCH

SCCH

SCCH
You bring you Blue up for SAt Meet?.we'll all get pics then --all four colors--YAhoo!!!:banana:

jgc61sr2002
11-11-2005, 01:44 PM

SCCH

SCCH

SCCH

Congrats:congrats: :D

SC Cheesehead
12-28-2010, 05:35 PM
Well as long as we're digging up old threads...

Bluerauder
12-28-2010, 05:40 PM
Well as long as we're digging up old threads...

I gotta start reading the dates on posts. You got me on this one, Rex. :o

SC Cheesehead
12-28-2010, 05:51 PM
I gotta start reading the dates on posts. You got me on this one, Rex. :o

Yeah, I figured that would get a few folk's attention. Knock on wood, hope this never happens to me again.

CBT
12-28-2010, 05:54 PM
Yeah, I figured that would get a few folk's attention. Knock on wood, hope this never happens to me again.
YOU BUM , lol! Got me.

kernie
12-28-2010, 06:08 PM
Ha! Another one, a delayed...glad the Mrs. is OK, chalk up another one for the panther! And hey... you ended up with a blue...nuff said brother!

:beer:

SC Cheesehead
12-28-2010, 07:14 PM
Ha! Another one, a delayed...glad the Mrs. is OK, chalk up another one for the panther! And hey... you ended up with a blue...nuff said brother!

:beer:

Yeah, but my DTR was a special car; moonroof and pristine condition.

Not that I'm unhappy with my Blue, but gotta admit, I miss the DTR.

Ms. Denmark
12-28-2010, 09:32 PM
Glad I looked at the date first. What's with all the rehashing of old threads?

SC Cheesehead
12-29-2010, 05:57 AM
Glad I looked at the date first. What's with all the rehashing of old threads?

We're all old and enjoy reliving the past... ;) -------> :D

CBT
12-29-2010, 06:03 AM
We're all old and enjoy reliving the past... ;) -------> :D

lmao!! pretty much true :beer:

Shermanator
12-29-2010, 06:46 AM
I am so sorry to hear about Terry's accident and so glad that she is OK. The pictures look so much like my first DTR after my accident. To come away form those accidents without injury speaks well for the MM structure as well as air bags and seat belts. So, so glad that Terry is OK. As far as replacement cars, I have an old Black I'll sell. Rex, I'm also happy for you and your family's blessing thru this ordeal.

Shermanator
12-29-2010, 06:51 AM
Or on second thought, maybe a DTR with white flint. Maybe.

3CzSCrewHead*
12-29-2010, 07:09 AM
Sorry to hear the horrible news. Glad to hear your wife was not seriously injured, the car can be replaced.

Yeah man it sucks hope all will be well and work out for you Rex.
Sorry to hear that man.
I think what counts the most is yall are okay.
Sorry

CBT
12-29-2010, 07:29 AM
Dibs on your floormats!

SC Cheesehead
12-29-2010, 09:50 AM
Folks need to start looking at the OP dates... ;)

Haggis
12-29-2010, 09:52 AM
Folks need to start looking at the OP dates... ;)

It is more fun this way.

CBT
12-29-2010, 10:02 AM
It is more fun this way.

That's what she said!