PDA

View Full Version : Out of stone age for FIT # 5

snowbird
10-22-2005, 06:26 PM
Yesterday, i finally quit stone age and went to buy a Canon A520. I took a few picture of the car to test the thing and here are the results. While about that, better saying what i have been doing since the FIT Supercharger install:

- I went to a body shop to finish the trunk badge delete by Mig weld the 2 holes and repaint the trunk,
- With the help of Zack advice, i bought another grille and did by myself the Zacks trick for the front badge delete,
- I also made the tint window enhancement: 30% on all sides and 50% on the back window,
- I replaced the Walker mufflers with a set taken on a supercharged 2004 Cobra (sound is a bit better),
- I ordered and installed those vent shades that permit opening the windows when its raining: they are pretty efficient even if i'm not sold on the looks),
- I changed my tires set-up: Took the originals rears 245-55-18 on the fronts and ordered 2 Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285-50-18 for the rears. Those are the biggest possible on the stock 8 inches rims and are about 2 inches wider than the stock tires (over 10 inches wide tread). This makes the percentage difference at 2.06%. I"m still driving with the TC off but might try it at on to see if the fussy computer accept it.

Although they are not as efficient for quarter miles as the Nittos, they are IMO a good compromise for a streeter mileage wise, rain wise and look wise. Hope the pictures will come up good (on this site) as i really like the close to the lip look on all four corner. Those Scorpions also looks pretty agressive, especially on the 30 degree picture shoots: just about flush with the outer edge of the rear fenders.

Coming up soon, a PI stallion 3000rpm install (part in hand) next week, the 4 16" inches rims with the winters tires (@!$#@?&*$%? damn winter). Later in the "off" season, i'll order some handling parts from Addcos and Metcos to better up the handling department.

Cheers to all :beer:

Tallboy
10-22-2005, 06:32 PM
Sounds like you've been busy.

But, the car looks great and I say it's money well spent! Nice job! :cool:

Bradley G
10-22-2005, 06:36 PM
What is the feedback on the rears, do they hook from a dead dig?
Congrats on the goodies.

snowbird
10-22-2005, 06:52 PM
What is the feedback on the rears, do they hook from a dead dig?
Congrats on the goodies.Well kind of difficult to answer since i received them from Tirerack yesterday and installed them yesterday night while going for the Canon purchase. We are in a cold front right now (29s in the night and 38-40 in the day).

But so far they feel a lot better than the 255-55-18 Continentals i was running previously. With the Contis, it was grab or spin in moderate throttle and sure crazy spin with on the floor action. With the Scorpions, the softer compound help make a better initial grip, easier to modulate, definitly better than the stock BFGs. I never ridden the Nittos but i guess they are certainly better for the true quarter miler enthousiast. Part of my decision was that the Nittos are only 6/32 tread brand new, definitely in the all out racing business. Also, you need to do the cut and paste rim trick.

klmore
10-23-2005, 09:03 AM
The car looks good. Any engine shots?

tmac1337
10-23-2005, 10:27 AM
Your rear end would look a lot better if you order some of the Cardinal Red "Marauder" inserts from... www.bobwhitedecals.com on the net.

You are going to love the PI 3000 stall TQ Converter.

MarauderTJA
10-24-2005, 04:54 PM
Tres' bon mon amie'. There will always something nice you can do to your ride. It really never ends. Looks great....

Tom, Cape Coral, Florida