PDA

View Full Version : Hey Lidio......

martyo
10-23-2005, 09:03 PM
......does this ring any bells?

http://www.legalknevil.com/albums/album06/aax.sized.jpg

MI2QWK4U
10-23-2005, 09:34 PM
It should! One just like it is hanging in a prominant location at his shop! Did you know that was the first in the long line of BFG posters.... Lids the man that started it all! Hell....Lids the man.

Lidio
10-24-2005, 03:55 AM
Oh Ya, that's my '88 LX alright in that ad.

The ad agency that did that ad, photographed the car at Pontiac airport mid summer of '96... and the ad started to run later that winter in numerous automotive publications for what appeared to be about four or five years.

If you look close, you can see my big Italian nose in the driver seat ;)
I actually got paid a stunt driver fee for driving the car during the burn out for the pictures. At the time BF had already run a few of those monochromatic looking adds. But they were all done in a studio. When they used my car, suposedly it was the first one done out doors with the car in a dynamic situation... A real burn out.

martyo
10-24-2005, 04:21 AM
I thought you might appreciate seeing it.

It is hanging in my Buddy's shop where we celebrated his grand opening this weekend. I saw that and knew the car, and NEEDED to take a picture of it!

It sure made me smile when I saw it. Hope you don't mind that I posted this up here for all your fans to see.

huot5
10-24-2005, 06:14 AM
That is awesome car buff history. those BFG ads made serious sales numbers for the company. they had so many killer rides. way to go Lid.

merc
10-24-2005, 06:22 AM
It is hanging in my Buddy's shop where we celebrated his grand opening this weekend.

Would that bud be Jeff, and why didn't I get a notice about the grand opening?
Life sucks sometimes. :mad2:

martyo
10-24-2005, 06:42 AM
Would that bud be Jeff, and why didn't I get a notice about the grand opening?
Life sucks sometimes. :mad2:

You know Jeff, on Tuesday he said to me "The grand opening is Saturday -- make sure you are there."

Sorry you didn't get notice. I am hoping that he will do a Marauder dyno day. If he does, you can be sure that you will notice!

1993SE
10-28-2005, 04:03 AM
That car is awesome looking, its hard to beat a notch in my opinion, nice:beer:

ohh yeah Martyo, I like the yellow vert in your AV, looks familiar:D