PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk Quickor Sway bars!

David Morton
10-23-2005, 09:07 PM
Wchain and I jess got off the PM phone and he sayes if we rattle Quickors' cage with some orders fer they'er fine spring steel bars, he'll bend us up some. Post if yer iner'stid in the thang hayre.

YeeHaw! I'm ready to do some twisted road drivin'!

(That's Yoda type talk fer "drivin' some twisted roads".)

:lol:

BUCKWHEAT
10-23-2005, 09:36 PM
Wchain and I jess got off the PM phone and he sayes if we rattle Quickors' cage with some orders fer they'er fine spring steel bars, he'll bend us up some. Post if yer iner'stid in the thang hayre.

YeeHaw! I'm ready to do some twisted road drivin'!

(That's Yoda type talk fer "drivin' some twisted roads".)

:lol:S

Sign me up for a front bar for the MM. I have both front & back QE bars on my '67 Mustang & love 'em!

RCSignals
10-23-2005, 10:05 PM
I'll order if that's what it takes to get some made

David Morton
10-23-2005, 10:29 PM
AW-RITE! Looks like we're gittin' sumware. I'm in fer a frunt an reer.

I got $5 burnin' a hol in muh pokit.

:lol:

(I'm getting silly. I need to get some sleep.)

Svashtar
10-23-2005, 10:55 PM
It's an excellent bar for sure. I have the rear one on my MM. One suggestion that might be of help to anyone interested in the rear anyway, is to do a search on Quickor and see my comments in a couple of threads WRT the rear bushings provided. In a long nutshell:

Hopefully the mfr. has made the fix, but the bushings provided with mine were totally inadequate. They are too short for our brackets, so Quickor provides spacers with the rear bar to take up the slack between the supplied bushing and MM bracket. After completely tightening, the spacers could still be moved with my fingers, especially as they are going to have marine grease on them if you coat the inside of the bushings properly. Using the Quickor spacers, I doubled their thickness with some scrap steel I had, but they were still loose and one eventually fell out.

If anyone has the Quickor rear and the spacers they supplied I would urge you to get under your car and see if they are still there.

Quickor took my order for a front bar, but after 3 months still did not have one made, so finally refunded my prepay. (Everytime I called they said it was being powder coated, but finally admitted they did not have the plans for one.)

I bought the Addco front instead and then threw myself on their mercy and begged some bushings for my rear, as the bars are the same diameter. The bushings Addco supplied fit the OEM brackets like a glove.

Addco told me they had gone through the exact same hassle as Quickor with the bushings, but finally got a batch of 7/8" bushings and drilled them out for the 1" bar.

I think the quality of the Quickor bar is superb. It is strong as hell, and looks great with a beautiful black powder coat. I would have loved to have had a matching front. But were I to buy one I would insist on bushings that are drop in poly replacements for our OEM bushings, and tell them the spacers are not going to work. Or, just get the best of both worlds and buy the Quickor rear and the Addco bushings.

But it sounds like things might have changed, and if you can get a group buy going for both bars and the correct bushings you will have about the best bars available for these cars.

Norm

jimlam56
10-24-2005, 07:33 AM
I'm in for front and rear.

Thanks, Jim

David Morton
10-26-2005, 09:15 AM
So, where're we at wchain?

Did we get enough?

metroplex
10-26-2005, 10:10 AM
So the Quikors are spring steel? They might be a better upgrade than the Adcos!

RCSignals
10-26-2005, 02:47 PM
So the Quikors are spring steel? They might be a better upgrade than the Adcos!

Since addcos are mild steel, yes

Hotrauder
10-26-2005, 03:26 PM
Put me down for a front. and a rear if I don't like the combination with the Addco in the rear. Dennis:beer:

metroplex
10-26-2005, 03:29 PM
Since addcos are mild steel, yes

Yes, Addcos are supposed to be mild carbon steel, and not the typical Chromemoly spring steel.

fastblackmerc
10-26-2005, 04:31 PM
Yes, Addcos are supposed to be mild carbon steel, and not the typical Chromemoly spring steel.
I'd be interested in frt & rear depending on the price.....

04funmerc
10-27-2005, 06:52 AM
I would be interested in front and rear bars also

please keep us informed.

JIM

metroplex
10-27-2005, 07:19 AM
Just in case anyone is confused: the chromemoly spring steel is more "springy" than the mild carbon steel.

Just for schitts and kicks, I dropped a spring steel anti-roll bar from about 10' up and it sprang up to only a few inches short of where I first let go. :eek:

RCSignals
10-27-2005, 03:30 PM
Just in case anyone is confused: the chromemoly spring steel is more "springy" than the mild carbon steel.

Just for schitts and kicks, I dropped a spring steel anti-roll bar from about 10' up and it sprang up to only a few inches short of where I first let go. :eek:

You don't say....

Don't try that with a mounted and inflated tire, OK

MM2004
10-27-2005, 04:40 PM
Just for schitts and kicks if I drop my Addco bar from the same distance, and it sprang up to only a few feet short of where I first let go, does that mean it isn't any good :confused:

metroplex
10-27-2005, 04:53 PM
Just for schitts and kicks if I drop my Addco bar from the same distance, and it sprang up to only a few feet short of where I first let go, does that mean it isn't any good :confused:

It depends on why you wanted an anti-roll bar in the first place. I have Addcos on my Crown vic because the only people that made aftermarket bars for the Vic at the time in 2001 was addco. Hotchkis and Hellwig did not have anything. Hotchkis was testing bars for the CVPI but nothing ever came of it.

If the Quickor bars are spring steel (chromemoly/silicon) and the Addco bars are mild carbon steel, the Quickor bars will always be better if they are sized "properly".

Joe Walsh
10-27-2005, 06:49 PM
If the Quickor bars are spring steel (chromemoly/silicon) and the Addco bars are mild carbon steel, the Quickor bars will always be better if they are sized "properly" .

I'm in for both front and rear if they aren't too big...I don't want 'gorilla' sway bars if our Marauders don't need them.
I don't plan on any open track excursions anyway....

BK_GrandMarquis
10-27-2005, 08:42 PM
If anyone has the Quickor rear and the spacers they supplied I would urge you to get under your car and see if they are still there.

I think the quality of the Quickor bar is superb. It is strong as hell, and looks great with a beautiful black powder coat. I would have loved to have had a matching front. But were I to buy one I would insist on bushings that are drop in poly replacements for our OEM bushings, and tell them the spacers are not going to work. Or, just get the best of both worlds and buy the Quickor rear and the Addco bushings.

Norm
I have Quickor front and rear bars. I got the front first and the rear months later. Actually he made the same rear that he made for you, for my 2001 Grand Marquis. Fits fine except for the bushing, like you. I did the same thing with the scrap metal and eventually got the right thickness so it doesn't come out anymore. Been in there for three autocross events.

I have 245's up front and my tires rub at full lock. Just a tad. Your cars might not rub because the difference in suspension setup.

Svashtar
10-28-2005, 06:26 PM
I have Quickor front and rear bars. I got the front first and the rear months later. Actually he made the same rear that he made for you, for my 2001 Grand Marquis. Fits fine except for the bushing, like you. I did the same thing with the scrap metal and eventually got the right thickness so it doesn't come out anymore. Been in there for three autocross events.

I have 245's up front and my tires rub at full lock. Just a tad. Your cars might not rub because the difference in suspension setup.
I like the setup I have now very much. The strong Quickor in the rear where it really does the most good, and then an Addco front bar that is beefier than the OEM unit by far, and provides excellent stability, but isn't super overbuilt so I still get good launches.

I didn't plan it that way at all, but it just worked out. If Quickor has them for the GM, then you would think getting one for the MM would be pretty simple, but I waited months on mine (at $240) and finally got my $ back when they said they didn't have one.

Norm

wchain
11-03-2005, 04:17 PM
Just got off the phone with Glen. He's working on getting pricing and fitment info, but we'll need at least 10 front and 10 rears for him to make a run for us! The biggest thing I was trying to reiterate to him is that I want to make sure we have the right bushing size/spacing etc. He has some 03+ CVPI patterns, which I am pretty sure are the same thing, so I am going to ask him to send me some to test out, or I may get duncan to go check things out for me!

I will try to start a thread in my forum to get this thing rolling!

Thanks!
Wes
:beer: