PDA

View Full Version : Winter is coming -- are you ready?

fast Ed
10-24-2005, 08:23 AM
Hey Canuck Marauder owners ...

For those of you running your MM year round, do you have a set of winter tires ready to go on?

If not, we are offering the Ford OEM 16" steel wheels for $89.00 each + taxes (and shipping, if applicable). Mercury logo centre caps to go on these are $45.00 each.

To go with these, we have available to us some Michelin associated brand tires called "Winter King". These are pretty much the same tire as the Uniroyal Tiger Paw Ice & Snows. 215-65R16 and 225-70R16 are available in this brand.

EDIT: The Winter King tires are sold out for the season. We can still get B.F. Goodrich Winter Slaloms, which are an even better tire. However, they are a higher price. A package with the BFG tires would be $949.00 + taxes.

Please contact us if you're interested in a set.

Ed Nicholson, Fines Ford Lincoln Sales, Bolton, ON.

Canadasvt
10-25-2005, 06:05 PM
Hey Ed. Looks like a great deal!

I noticed some northern states got snow last night so I put my winters on today, just to be safe. I need to remember to be easy on the gas, as these snows don't have the traction of the summers and all she wants to do is spin:D and leave really dark black lines on the pavement.

Digital Man
10-27-2005, 12:10 PM
PACKAGE PRICE for wheels & tires is $799.00 + taxes, INSTALLED. (caps extra)

Please contact us if you're interested in a set.

Ed Nicholson, Fines Ford Lincoln Sales, Bolton, ON.
Umm....sounds great. Where were you last year when I spent $1400 on Steel wheels and Michelin X-Ice? I just picked up the caps from our friend TheDealer and paid about $35US per cap and a nasty $65 duty charge. Yeah, sounds like a great deal.
:flamer:

BTW - I'm only messing.:P

Breadfan
10-27-2005, 01:42 PM
Yeah, I'm sorta ready, the MM is not going out in the snow, but my Mustang is in line to get the 15" winterforces I had on my Grand Am. They're a perfect fit (got 15" GT turbine wheels right now) just need them installed.

After driving in heavy rain the past few days in the Mustang I'm starting to wonder what I'm about to get myself into...I'm pretty good in snow though, so we'll I guess. Luckily my roommate doesn't appear to me moving out west anytime soon, and he has a 4wd truck.

fast Ed
11-14-2005, 01:34 PM
Umm....sounds great. Where were you last year when I spent $1400 on Steel wheels and Michelin X-Ice? I just picked up the caps from our friend TheDealer and paid about $35US per cap and a nasty $65 duty charge. Yeah, sounds like a great deal.
:flamer:

BTW - I'm only messing.:P

We didn't get set up as a sponsor until December 04. That was probably a bit late for a few people for last winter.

cheers
Ed N.

SeaKingDriver
11-16-2005, 09:43 PM
Just curious, do those wheel caps fit on Police interceptor wheels?

That's what I'm using, they're handy in case I have hop over curbs to get around the cars that have spun out on the Yellowhead... (just kidding...)

Marvin

Rider90
11-16-2005, 09:45 PM
Just curious, do those wheel caps fit on Police interceptor wheels?

That's what I'm using, they're handy in case I have hop over curbs to get around the cars that have spun out on the Yellowhead... (just kidding...)

Marvin
You need the "Shouldered" lug nuts to use the center caps. Just FYI...

Canadasvt
11-17-2005, 08:10 AM
You need the "Shouldered" lug nuts to use the center caps. Just FYI...
And they are close to $5 CDN per nut, or so I was told by the bloke I purchased my used ones from.

Rider90
11-17-2005, 08:15 AM
And they are close to $5 CDN per nut, or so I was told by the bloke I purchased my used ones from.
This should help if you are interested...

http://search.ebay.com/Crown-Victoria-Lug-Nut_W0QQcatrefZC6QQfromZR4

-OR-

http://stores.implex.net/hubcapsUSA/itemDetails.cfm?item=1785

fast Ed
11-23-2005, 02:51 PM
One set of wheels with BFG Winter Slalom tires out the door today, on a nice 03. :)

Anyone else need to get hooked up???

cheers
Ed N.

Reduaram
11-26-2005, 04:41 PM
Winter?!? Where?

Canadasvt
12-08-2005, 08:51 PM
Here comes the snow. Supposed to get 10-15cm tonight and then another 10-15 tomorrow morning. Yipee!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/Canadasvt/9d9bd96b.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/Canadasvt/4eab8d93.jpg

Sully008
12-09-2005, 12:35 AM
Here comes the snow. Supposed to get 10-15cm tonight and then another 10-15 tomorrow morning. Yipee!

You call that snow??:lol: Now this is snow:

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/2/9/6/0/Snow2.jpg

:D

Be safe out there, especially with all that extra white stuff coming.:beer:

merc6
12-09-2005, 10:57 AM
Yep I took the tire plinge as well. I ended up getting the mountaineer centercaps tho.
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/2179000-2179999/2179965_10_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/2179000-2179999/2179965_15_full.jpg

Dragcity
12-09-2005, 11:58 AM
Just picked up my wheels at the local Ford dealer, $57 @. Stopping by Firestone on the way home to get the Wintermarks put on, $70 @.

Being able to drive my Marauder in the snow, Priceless...

Need to see my copper friend to see if they have any "shouldered" lugnuts laying around, and center caps to go with them ?????

blackf0rk
12-09-2005, 01:08 PM
If it wasn't for my wifes car, I would be forced into this. Just can't justify $600+ yet for an occansional drive in the snow... :(

Canadasvt
12-09-2005, 01:14 PM
If it wasn't for my wifes car, I would be forced into this. Just can't justify $600+ yet for an occansional drive in the snow... :(
I've been wondering how the supercharger kit would hold up in the snow and salt. Still waiting for someone to experience it.
You could really burn the rubber off the snowtires with that power!:D

Hotrauder
12-09-2005, 01:51 PM
Those of us who have bid winter good-bye forever except for an occassional day in the upper 50's have long memories of many times when the Marauder belonged in the garage, covered till spring; especially a SCed one. A really great set up for winter if you want to check the rear emblem from the drivers seat. We are especially blessed down here.. Careful when it rains but hanging it out full time, year round. I hope to live long enough to wear out 2 or 3 Super Chargers.:eek: To you in snow travel with care. Way to many of our 11,300 are now paper clips or what ever they do with scrap metal these days. Be safe. If you have to be out this sounds like a great deal for safer wheels and tires.:beer: Dennis

Dragcity
12-09-2005, 02:00 PM
Unfortunately, mine is my daily driver. I have been using the Jag lately, but it's so close to the ground it's more like a sled than anything else.

I have some driving to the Southerntier next week, so the Marauder gets snow shoes. I am fitting taller snows than the 27.2/28.5 OEM combo. I am going to try 28/29.6 for more clearence. Hope it works with ABS.

Mike M
12-09-2005, 02:57 PM
74 degrees and sunny today in AZ...NA NA NAAANA NA NA.

1stMerc
12-09-2005, 10:58 PM
Hey gang, this will be my first winter with the MM, well almost, got it in January this year and this past Thursday was the first real snow of the year.We got about 4"s here in St. Louis. With the traction control didn't have any problems getting around with the KDWS's, but don't want to push it. Was wondering about deep a snow are these tires good for. Guess i gotta get ready for more of the white stuff to come.Have a truck i can use but it's much more fun driving the Merc.Smiles for milesWaymon

merc6
12-09-2005, 11:02 PM
I've been wondering how the supercharger kit would hold up in the snow and salt. Still waiting for someone to experience it.
You could really burn the rubber off the snowtires with that power!:DYeah in stock form I'm fistailing the snow setup on dry land. It's like NFSU2 drift challenge.

QWK SVT
12-11-2005, 12:33 PM
You could really burn the rubber off the snowtires with that power!:D

BillyGman drives his daily, including during inclimate weather... I'm not sure if they use salt, sand or both that neck of the woods. As long as you weren't just dropping the hammer at every opportunity, the car should act as normal.

Yeah in stock form I'm fistailing the snow setup on dry land. It's like NFSU2 drift challenge.

I hear ya! The salt the spread bocmes a crusty coating on the road, whic can make it less than ideal for 'spirited driving'. I was rushing on dry roads, and the 1-2 shift came at full throttle. The poor Blizzaks were overcome, and the ass started to come around. I corrected it easy enough, but it wasn't expected.

PS - The incline of my driveway has definitely become harder to climb this year, with 4.10's this year.

TripleTransAm
12-11-2005, 05:12 PM
Was wondering about deep a snow are these tires good for.

The stock KDWS? Hmmm... what's the depth of a layer of snow 1 flake deep?

merc6
12-11-2005, 05:16 PM
If the readway is "moist" the KDWS are useless IMHO. Anticipate the rear end comming around on you under lil to no accel in "snow like" conditions ;)

Canadasvt
12-11-2005, 09:07 PM
With the traction control didn't have any problems getting around with the KDWS's, but don't want to push it. Was wondering about deep a snow are these tires good for.

I had to drive home from a Daytona party last year in 3" of snow. I was travelling about 60kmh (40mph) and suddenly the back came out and around to the front. I was not accelerating, just keeping a steady throttle, and there was no warning at all. I'm sure if I hadn't thrown it into neutral she would have gone all the way around.

Not only do the KDWS's not like deep snow, they really don't appreciate the cold either and won't be too forgiving anywhere near the freezing point, since the rubber gets harder as they get colder.

Kennyrauder
12-11-2005, 09:57 PM
kennyrauder from Timmins Ont. running Blizzaks up here on my Marauder... they are pretty good, but obviously are no match for my Vortech. I just wish the snow would go away & yet go to -30 c. I'd put the summers on just to enjoy REAL cold air induction.

fast Ed
01-09-2006, 07:54 AM
Guys, I've edited the original post. The Winter King tires are sold out for the season, but we can still put together a package with BFG Winter Slalom tires for $949.00 + taxes.

thanks,

Ed N.

Marawder
01-12-2006, 05:27 PM
Fast Eddie - hope all is well. Been wondering where I'd catch up to you again. A customer of mine dropped off their 03 and I've been driving it since the end of November. Love it. I have Dunlop SP Winter Sport M3 225/55/17 on the front and Winter Sport M2 235/55/17 on the rear (M2's discontinued, so M3's next winter if I have to change), with 7-spoke alum wheels. Not the 'copcar' look of the black steelies, but I'm thinking of changing for next winter to the 16's and using the 17's for the summer to save $$ on replacements for the 18's which are worn out. Then again, I might just burn up the 18's at Mosport this summer so I can put on the new ones I won last year, now that I finally have a car to put them on!haha:D

Won't be as quick as your 'Bird, but plenty quick for a 4-door and probably the only one out, unless Hyland brings theirs again. See you soon, but not soon enough for tracktime.

garyk@donwayford.com