PDA

View Full Version : SSHS5 pre-testing Friday, Oct 28

FordNut
10-24-2005, 06:38 PM
Planning to go for some test and tune at Commerce this Friday at the regularly scheduled Year One Fast Friday time trials. That gives me a preview of what to expect the following week. Note that there is also another test and tune the following Friday, Nov 4 for a last chance to prep for SSHS5.

This time I'll run the 295/45-18 Goodyear street tires at 25 psi (they hooked pretty good at the 1/8 mile track a couple of weekends ago) but for the shootout I'll be using the 305/45-18 Nitto drag radials.

Anybody else in the area want to get some 1/4 mi testing in?

$20 to run, $10 to watch, gates open at 6 pm.

martyo
10-24-2005, 10:00 PM
I plan on being there with a bunch of my peeps.

bigslim
10-24-2005, 10:37 PM
My "peeps". I knew you had a little brother in you. :D

martyo
10-25-2005, 02:38 AM
My "peeps". I knew you had a little brother in you. :D

Here in the NYC, we're all related! :D

FordNut
10-25-2005, 05:07 AM
Cool, I believe I saw in a nitrous thread that johnfain plans to be there too. OMG, two lawyers in Marauders at the same place.

martyo
10-25-2005, 06:03 AM
OMG, two lawyers in Marauders at the same place.

Marauders? Who said anything about Marauders? I am bringing one of my Mustangs with about 800 pounds of plates in it. My car will weigh 3,801 pounds. :D

FordNut
10-25-2005, 06:07 AM
Marauders? Who said anything about Marauders? I am bringing one of my Mustangs with about 800 pounds of plates in it. My car will weigh 3,801 pounds. :D
Oh, yeah... A Lawyer... Letter of law vs intent of law...

MarauderTJA
10-25-2005, 06:13 PM
Planning to go for some test and tune at Commerce this Friday at the regularly scheduled Year One Fast Friday time trials. That gives me a preview of what to expect the following week. Note that there is also another test and tune the following Friday, Nov 4 for a last chance to prep for SSHS5.

This time I'll run the 295/45-18 Goodyear street tires at 25 psi (they hooked pretty good at the 1/8 mile track a couple of weekends ago) but for the shootout I'll be using the 305/45-18 Nitto drag radials.

Anybody else in the area want to get some 1/4 mi testing in?

$20 to run, $10 to watch, gates open at 6 pm.
Wish I could be there in Commerce to get some practice on "the track.". We are planning on October 29th to get some practice here at Bradenton Drag Way. Then one week later we will be heading to Commerce on Friday morning Nov 4th. Keep the weather cool for us, will ya:beer:

Tom, Cape Coral, Florida

FordNut
10-25-2005, 07:28 PM
Wish I could be there in Commerce to get some practice on "the track.". We are planning on October 29th to get some practice here at Bradenton Drag Way. Then one week later we will be heading to Commerce on Friday morning Nov 4th. Keep the weather cool for us, will ya:beer:

Tom, Cape Coral, Florida
I'll see what I can do about that. Got them t-shirts done?

MarauderTJA
10-26-2005, 05:32 AM
Will have them with me when I show up Friday night;)

prchrman
10-26-2005, 05:34 AM

What Teeeeeeeshirts? willie

FordNut
10-26-2005, 05:47 AM
What Teeeeeeeshirts? willie
Don't remember where it was originally posted, but Tom (MarauderTJA) posted awhile back that he would get some special "Marauder Racing Team" t-shirts made for Marauder SSHS5 participants. Folks that have put off registering 'til the last minute may not get one since he can't have them made at the track.

prchrman
10-26-2005, 06:13 AM
I'm going to SSHS5 but do not reg. because I do not race but would like one of the shirts...XXL please...willie

MarauderTJA
10-26-2005, 07:15 AM
I will have a couple of dozen shirts with me in various sizes (L-XXL) for all Marauder owners participating in SSHS5. If there are any left over others may purchase them for $10.00 per shirt (my cost).

Tom, Cape Coral, Florida

FordNut
10-28-2005, 06:37 AM
Gates open at 6.

High of 63 today, ought to be great conditions for making power if we can hook.

I should be back on the first page of the timeslips page this evening! Barry's on the bump spot...

Bradley G
10-28-2005, 06:42 AM
Give 'em hell Brother! :banana2:

MarauderTJA
10-28-2005, 06:57 AM
Gates open at 6.

High of 63 today, ought to be great conditions for making power if we can hook.

I should be back on the first page of the timeslips page this evening! Barry's on the bump spot...
Just do your best to keep the temps cool for Saturday...Would appreciate it:)

johnfain
10-28-2005, 04:59 PM
Cool, I believe I saw in a nitrous thread that johnfain plans to be there too. OMG, two lawyers in Marauders at the same place.

I'm there for SSHS5. I'll hit the Fast Friday also. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

As for two lawyers it should be ok, we are only dangerous in groups of three or more, invariably while the two are arguing with each other :argue: the third will either get bored :sleepy: or jealous :fire: which usually results in an innocent bystander being sued :puke: for no apparent reason.

On that note a Southern Favorite:

Q: How do you get a lawyer out of a tree?
A: Cut the rope.

What I tell my clients:

I am settling an account with a client.

"Let's do it this way," I say, "pay me $1500 down and $250 a month."

"Gee," he says, "I feel like I'm paying for a car."

"You are! And a nice car it is too."

The trouble with lawyer jokes: Lawyers don't think they are funny, and other people don't think they are jokes! :shake:

Paul T. Casey
10-28-2005, 05:22 PM
Good luck tonight, I should be there on the 4th. Probably hit the Dothan track again tomorrow, try to win some southern money. :D

FordNut
10-28-2005, 06:47 PM
I had the fastest Marauder there. I also had the slowest Marauder there.

I sure hope the track prep is better next weekend, I blew my tires off the line pretty much every time. Best of the night: 12.76 @ 108.7

Drag radials next week for sure! And I'll take out all the cargo I'm carrying around too!

FordNut
10-28-2005, 07:04 PM
Hot laps are bad. Bad. BAD.

Tranny temp got too high, od light started flashing, tranny wouldn't shift for crap. It was short shifting, launching in 2nd, all kinds of nonsense. That's even with an auxiliary tranny cooler. Scared me when it started acting up 'cause I didn't know what was causing it and was afraid I'd be walking home. And the wife was with me, so I know that wouldn't have been pleasant.

johnfain
10-28-2005, 07:14 PM
Hot laps are bad. Bad. BAD.

Tranny temp got too high, od light started flashing, tranny wouldn't shift for crap. It was short shifting, launching in 2nd, all kinds of nonsense. That's even with an auxiliary tranny cooler. Scared me when it started acting up 'cause I didn't know what was causing it and was afraid I'd be walking home. And the wife was with me, so I know that wouldn't have been pleasant.

How many runs did you get? :help:

FordNut
10-29-2005, 05:59 AM
How many runs did you get? :help:
I got in 9 runs and left at about 8:45, could have gotten in 5 or 6 more but I learned what I needed to know about launching and a needed change in my tune. Bounced off the rev limiter a few times, gotta raise it a little.

Paul T. Casey
10-29-2005, 06:44 PM
Good numbers Brian, glad you didn't have to walk. I just got back from an abbreviated night here in Dothan. Not enough cars for racing, just a test and tune deal. My lights were a bit off, .61's every time, but did get some personal bests. They were 2.154 for 60', 6.054 for 330', 9.195 for the 1/8 (eigth mile track), and 79.48 trap on the 1/8. Should translate into 13's for the 1/4, with stock gears. 107K miles and she's never been faster! :banana: