wait! dont everybody rush to the door all at once!:bump:

wouldnt wont someone to throw out a hip or nothing...:laugh:

merc406
10-26-2005, 11:32 AM
Where are all you old (car) geezers?:sleepy: :geezer:

wait! dont everybody rush to the door all at once!:bump:

wouldnt wont someone to throw out a hip or nothing...:laugh:

Hey, that's not f :censor: 'in funny................ :rasta: :lol:

Still here just in the middle of my second half of life, and movin south. :rasta:

hdirish50
10-26-2005, 12:16 PM
You have to remember that us old guys are not familiar with this new thing they call a computer

A quote from Homer Simpson, “So the internet is on computers now.”

:lol:

LiLWrink
10-31-2005, 10:46 AM
So I guess now that Ive had a laugh,... Believe me when I say the joke is sneaking up on me very quickly! I am nearing 40 :censor: years old , and the men in my family tend to die off before the age of 65...not funny at all. My doctor has already told me that when the time has come for me to think about joint replacement, I will be begging him!:cowboy:

the real question is; is MM.Net the place that everyone actually talks, or is there other sites, or even an "older school" phone list??? If there is, I would like to be added.

I have observed that the vintage merc page is not near as active as the others are. Is this because the "Vintage Crowd"--so to speak, is not as PC Savvy, as some of the others, or is this because there is just nothing left to discuss?

If you have a story, you should take time to type it up and post it.

I am looking for headlights, grill, side trim, tail lights and trim...

I have some pieces for sale or trade...

There are NO other vintage marauders near where I live, that I know of! But I always keep an eye out.

kirk
10-31-2005, 05:34 PM
Problem is that there are only a handful of us on this site that have older Mercs. Not nearly as much interest.

Did you talk to John (Cougars) about the grill he had?

LiLWrink
11-01-2005, 08:31 AM
"Not nearly as much interest."end quote

I dont know...I mean, I think there is interest, maybe just not enough--D'uh, thats what you just said...
Maybe a little active participation in some rod runs could change that. I will certainly be finding out soon enough. I am very anxious to be in the car, Kicked back, jamming tunes, Flowmaster's bellowing that 11:5 comp/3500RPM drone, just wheeling down the road at high velocity! Thats the stuff grins are made of!

JCC--Yeah...
I do need to check on that, I sent John an e-mail over two weeks ago...he probly got busy and forgot me...I certainly sympathize with that--as busy as I have been.
I have been thinking about what I am going to do if I can Not locate some decent side trim...

I may have to recreate one of the old Stroppe race cars...the term "Mercury Raceing" used to invoke the feelings of power and envey...
It might be nice to revive those feelings...
(make note of the grin statement above)
What do you think about that #14 Stroppe idea?:beer:

kirk
11-01-2005, 05:49 PM
I have always wanted to create a Stroppe car for the street. No stainless trim, red white and blue paint job, stripped (light weight) car, with a 427 under the hood. I think it's a great idea! Even if you were to use a 390 it would be easy to clone a 427. It would make things a lot easier and cheaper not looking for all of that stainless. And what an eye catcher it would be.

LiLWrink
11-02-2005, 07:19 AM
I wouldnt even go that far...

I would just keep the nice interior, 390, A/C, Automatic transmission, Nice CD player, tint the windows and paint the car to look right and call it done.

BTW--I am bidding on a nice grill at ebay right now...hope I win.

LiLWrink
11-21-2005, 12:35 PM
I won that auction, and through the course, I have made a deal for all the external trim on a 63 Marauder...

So the Stroppe idea went out the winder.

(Unless I buy the Whole parts car!--NAH! I have enough now with this, and that, X3, and 2 Cougars also...)