PDA

View Full Version : Procharger # 2 at Bradenton Test-n-Tune

MarauderTJA
10-29-2005, 01:45 PM
All SSM guys there today had a great time and all posted some impressive ET's. Marauders were in force. It was nice and cool in the early morning (66 degrees) when we arrived around 8:30 AM. By the time we got to run just after 10 AM it warmed up to 76. Better system there for test n tune. You sign the waiver first, pay the race fee ($20.) and get your tech card all at once. Fill it out and take it to the tower. Your ready. By 10:10 am we were staging for the runs. [My scanner is down so I will get the timeslip copied and posted later.]

My best run was the first. Track was great ,drag radials made all the difference, cooler weather really helps.

R/T .346, 60' 1.787, 1/8th 7.852,
1/4 12.305 MPH 110.91:banana2:

Needless to say, I was quite pleased. 2nd run -.229 R/T, 12.7 ET, 1.88 60' 3rd R/T .186, 13.2 ET, 2.193 60' and finished with a 4th run R/T .297, 12.6 ET, 1.914 60'. Lot of cars there after 11:30, track was getting hotter so I decided to call it a day. Was great practice for next Saturday's Southern Super Heavy Weight Shootout in Atlanta. Need to work on R/T though. Can't wait for next Saturday. :D

Tom, Cape Coral, Florida

Hotrauder
10-29-2005, 02:25 PM
All SSM guys there today had a great time and all posted some impressive ET's. Marauders were in force. It was nice and cool in the early morning (66 degrees) when we arrived around 8:30 AM. By the time we got to run just after 10 AM it warmed up to 76. Better system there for test n tune. You sign the waiver first, pay the race fee ($20.) and get your tech card all at once. Fill it out and take it to the tower. Your ready. By 10:10 am we were staging for the runs. [My scanner is down so I will get the timeslip copied and posted later.]

My best run was the first. Track was great ,drag radials made all the difference, cooler weather really helps.

R/T .346, 60' 1.787, 1/8th 7.852,
1/4 12.305 MPH 110.91:banana2:

Needless to say, I was quite pleased. 2nd run -.229 R/T, 12.7 ET, 1.88 60' 3rd R/T .186, 13.2 ET, 2.193 60' and finished with a 4th run R/T .297, 12.6 ET, 1.914 60'. Lot of cars there after 11:30, track was getting hotter so I decided to call it a day. Was great practice for next Saturday's Southern Super Heavy Weight Shootout in Atlanta. Need to work on R/T though. Can't wait for next Saturday. :D

Tom, Cape Coral, Florida
Tom, great job! Congrats. We arrived late (11:30) so missed most of the best runs for our good guy side. Heard some great stories however. Smokie ran in the 12's (congrats) great prep for next week. Heard that Claude (carfixer) ran a 12.6. I think he could run a 12.6 on a schwinn. Everytime he gets in a car he runs the best time for that car. Heard that Chuck (Tallboy) was there. I think I saw them bugging out when we arrived. I had wanted to talk with them about you know what! We saw a cute little thing I think is 12 or so run a 7 second at 171 in her rail job. A maniac in a Suzuki p/up truck with a 3' wheel base run under 8 at 151 mph and several dozen crotch rocket nut jobs trying to do the quick run to the great reward in the sky. We met lots of great folks and enjoyed a great day. Thank you all for all the information and hospitality. We like meeting new friends and seeing old ones. So this was a perfect Saturday. We had no formal meeting on possible plans for a National Meet as the Southeastern contingent had many more pressing issues on their plate. We pray for the best possible for them all. There were, however; several informal discussions in that regard. Hopefully we can schedule a time for another meeting soon. Once again thanks to all my new friends. Bless them and all my old ones too. Dennis :burnout:

HwyCruiser
10-29-2005, 02:42 PM
Wow, great job Tom... and great 60 footer! :bows:

Let's hope for a few degree's cooler at SSHS5 and a top 10 timeslip for your Marauder. I'm bowing out for Commerce due to the old "no time / no money" bit, but I'm hoping to make it out to the local track before it closes up for the year so see if I can do any better with cooler air. Plus my timeslip has been getting bumped every time I look!

It's looking like pretty soon we'll need a 12.xx slip just to stay on the first page of the timeslip database. Let the good times roll... :burnout:

Smokie
10-29-2005, 02:43 PM
Tom, well deserved congratulations. Your car ran flawless and very fast, may have been the best Marauder run of the day.

It was truly a beautiful day and when combined with what Carfixer and Tallboy accomplished at the same track last night, many personal best were achieved.

We had a large Marauder turnout and a great variety of set-ups, as always to me the highlight of the day is the great friendship and goodwill displayed by all of our members.

Great job Tom.:beer:

MarauderTJA
10-29-2005, 03:56 PM
Tom, well deserved congratulations. Your car ran flawless and very fast, may have been the best Marauder run of the day.

It was truly a beautiful day and when combined with what Carfixer and Tallboy accomplished at the same track last night, many personal best were achieved.

We had a large Marauder turnout and a great variety of set-ups, as always to me the highlight of the day is the great friendship and goodwill displayed by all of our members.

Great job Tom.:beer:
Thanks guys. Yeah we all had a great time. Looking forward to the next
one:banana:. 7 Days and counting.

Cobra25
10-29-2005, 04:34 PM
Great time Tom. Thats going to be a hard time to beat !

MarauderTJA
10-29-2005, 04:51 PM
Great time Tom. Thats going to be a hard time to beat !
Thanks Zolton.:) Hopefully, with some cooler temps in Georgia next week the car will do better. Would love to bump the 11's.:burnout:

djv5150
10-29-2005, 05:08 PM
I had three of my best runs today, we met some new members,nice people

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/10-29-05-time.jpg

Rick-n-Miami
10-29-2005, 05:49 PM
Congrats on the great times guys! I really wish I could have made it, but Wilma decided it was in my best interest not to be able to go :(

Tom, I'm sure you'll have a great time next week and kick some a$$!

tmac1337
10-29-2005, 06:03 PM
Nice run Tom!

How did you do it?

Everyone knows that Procharged centrifugal Marauders are incapable of high speeds, have no low end torque, and air to air intercooling is a sham!

You must have attached some bottel rockets to your rear end! :eek:

DEFYANT
10-29-2005, 06:24 PM
Nice run Tom!

How did you do it?

Everyone knows that Procharged centrifugal Marauders are incapable of high speeds, have no low end torque, and air to air intercooling is a sham!

That what I heard too!! Wow! What a surprise to hear that from you.

:P

Nice runs man! Congrats. My slip keeps getting bumped too! I guess this happens when everyone goes to the track in the cold air. I know I plan on it!;)

snowbird
10-29-2005, 06:56 PM
Tom,

Congrats on that great low 12,s time !

Funny that you guys call high 60s or 70s cool air from my perspective !!:)

Cheers

HwyCruiser
10-29-2005, 07:01 PM
Nice run Tom!

How did you do it?

Let the results speak for themselves and enjoy! ;)

shakes_26
10-29-2005, 07:18 PM
Nice run Tom!

How did you do it?

The truth will set you free.

In all seriousness, Tom's car ran great,no, correct that, it ran awesome. And I beleive there's a guy in a 5.0 who wont be running against any silver Marauders anytime soon.

Tom, Congrat's, lets get 'em next weekend in the ATL!

bigslim
10-29-2005, 08:00 PM
Really nice run. I have seen Procharged cars run.

MikesMerc
10-29-2005, 10:16 PM
Very nice ETs Tom :beer:

AzMarauder
10-29-2005, 10:26 PM
Nice run Tom!

How did you do it?

Probably no chip on his shoulder so the drag coefficient was better than expected ? :rolleyes: :rofl:

Tallboy
10-30-2005, 04:41 AM
You should have seen this thing, folks! Tom absolutely nailed that run, and the car performed flawlessly! Tom has indeed built one of the fastest, nicest-looking cars I've ever seen! Them boys in Atlanta better watch out! :)

MarauderTJA
10-30-2005, 06:06 AM
Nice run Tom!

How did you do it?

Thanks guys for all your supportive comments. :beer: TMAC, actually I put the geckos on a high carb, high protein diet so they would run faster in the blower. It seemed to work.:D

FordNut
10-30-2005, 06:53 AM
Awesome... Looking forward to ATL.

RoyLPita
10-30-2005, 07:24 AM
Tom, keep up the good work.

MarauderTJA
10-30-2005, 04:25 PM
Tom, keep up the good work.Thanks Brian. Hopefully I can get the car ramped up some more for Atlanta with some cooler temps. See all you guys there. :D

03whitemach
10-31-2005, 06:47 AM
Way to go Tom. Sorry I missed the run, I was a few cars back in line. As always, it was a pleasure seeing everyone again. A good time was had by all. BTW, Jason(Friday the 13th) ran a 12.8 on his last run, with his 125 shot, spinning outa the hole as usual.

maraudernkc
10-31-2005, 07:38 AM
Tom, very nice run first time out. I think if you get a nice 60 degree Day and good track conditions that you could get into the high 11's.

Congrats on the great run your first time with your car at the track.

I would put some good 100 Octane gas for Atlanta!

MarauderTJA
10-31-2005, 07:46 AM
Tom, very nice run first time out. I think if you get a nice 60 degree Day and good track conditions that you could get into the high 11's.

Congrats on the great run your first time with your car at the track.

I would put some good 100 Octane gas for Atlanta!
Thanks Greg. Actually this was the first time out with the drag radials. Went to Badenton earlier this summer one Thursday night and boiled the tires. Best run then was a 13.3 et. Shaved one second off. Very pleased. And yes, the 100 octane race gas will be in the car and I am hoping for nice cool weather.:)