PDA

View Full Version : Granatelli Motorstport COP Connector Group Buy

wchain
10-29-2005, 05:34 PM
After much discussion from Mac et all regarding the connectors, and PMs from people, I am setting up a group buy for the Spark Plug Ignition Coil Connectors.

Pricing, if we get 30 people, will be $130.00 Per Set, with Free shipping.

ON EDIT. AFTER CHECKING WITH SOME OTHER DISTRIBUTORS, WE CAN NOW MATCH THE $120 PRICE. YES FOLKS $120 WITH FREE SHIPPING! Thanks to Maraudernkc (Greg) for making this possible!

This is for a set of 8 Ignition Coil Insert Replacements.

If we get enough interest, I will make a go of it. So please chime in if you are interested in a set!!

the_pack_rat
10-30-2005, 10:37 AM
I searched & found the thread where these were discussed ..... if anyone is interested :

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21914

Eric < --- thinking about it

Mad4Macs
10-30-2005, 01:45 PM
Problem is, and as was noted in another thread, JC Whitney sells the set for $119

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product/tf-VehicleBrowse/s-10101/Pr-p_Product.CATENTRY_ID:2010074/showCustom-0/p-2010074/N-200728955+111+2003+600001579/c-10101

the_pack_rat
10-30-2005, 02:05 PM
Problem is, and as was noted in another thread, JC Whitney sells the set for $119

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product/tf-VehicleBrowse/s-10101/Pr-p_Product.CATENTRY_ID:2010074/showCustom-0/p-2010074/N-200728955+111+2003+600001579/c-10101 I think it was questionable as to that being the correct price.

If in fact it is ... for a mere $11.00 difference I'd rather see it go to a MM.net supporter.

FordNut
10-30-2005, 02:11 PM
I think it was questionable as to that being the correct price.

If in fact it is ... for a mere $11.00 difference I'd rather see it go to a MM.net supporter.
And the JCW price does not include s/h. I would go for this gp if I just wanted the connectors, but I already placed my order for the complete coil kit from JCW.

glassman99
10-30-2005, 05:38 PM
What does upgrading the coil connectors accomplish?

fastblackmerc
10-30-2005, 06:03 PM
What does upgrading the coil connectors accomplish?
glassman99, do a search and you'll see the earlier posts.

So what is included in the kit? Is it the coils & the connectors or just the connectors?

Hotrauder
10-30-2005, 06:21 PM
I think it was questionable as to that being the correct price.

Eric the price is correct and they had free shipping today. I do agree with you that supporting a vender member is worth the difference. Granetelli has to protect their regular high volumn vendors by making Wes' cost higher than theirs and he is giving a good deal to be that close to Whitney and lower than some others. Further everyone who has them has raved about them and some of those users have been driving really go fast Mercury Marauders. Dennis:beer:

Hotrauder
10-30-2005, 06:22 PM
glassman99, do a search and you'll see the earlier posts.

So what is included in the kit? Is it the coils & the connectors or just the connectors?
Only the connectors. They replace the ball point springs with a solid braided connector. Dennis:beer:

SergntMac
10-30-2005, 07:40 PM
So what is included in the kit? Is it the coils & the connectors or just the connectors? Here's a pic from my gallery. What you see here, is the box from Granatelli, eight high temp silicone COP boots, (Ford/Cobra issue) and eight braided Granatelli connectors. The box was bigger than it needed to be, but about the size required for the entire COP upgrade, which includes coils.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=9985&cat=500&page=1

This is the kit Wes Chain is offering us for 130 bucks (which IMHO is a good deal). J.C. Whitney offers this kit for 119 bucks, yes, but as FordNut points out, this is without shipping and tax, and in other places in my life shipping costs have recently skyrocketed due to weather and national fuel issues.

Summit also offered this kit in their Sept./Oct. '05 sales flyer, but for 189 bucks. WTF? When I questioned them, Summit pulled the product and reorganized their web site, adding "Not Available" to what's there, and a few fresh part numbers, now asking 139 bucks, plus shipping and tax.

Wes asks for 11 bucks more per kit, and pays shipping whatever it may be that day. Wes is an authorized vendor who has been very generous with the pay-back to us, via contributions to our National scale "Marauderville" events. I'd vote in his poll, but I already own the product.

With regard to this screwy pricing and availability, IMHO, this product is so new, that some of the details are getting messed up by the usual vendors mentioned. I know Wes has a deal pending that delivers this product for a stable price, with a solid guarantee of satisfaction. But, he needs to see a promise of a minimum in order to buy stock. Therefore, the poll
What does upgrading the coil connectors accomplish?Ummm...Allow me to snip my own observations from the original thread?
It's not a "coil on plug" upgrade, rather an improvement to what used to be called a spark plug wire, and I am sure y'all understand the importance of a healthy spark plug wire. Here's a pic of what comes in the box, there are more pics in my gallery.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=9985&cat=500&page=1

The OEM connector is (IMHO) very similar to a spring from a ball point pen, just larger. The Granatelli kit is a section of braided wire with a solid core and sturdy fasteners at each end. The OEM coil is used, but you get new (and genuine) FMC high temp silicone boots too.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=9987&cat=500&page=1

Install time is just a few minutes less than changing spark plugs. Remove the coil pack assembly, and remove the boot from the coil pack. There's a possibility of damage to the OEM boot due to assembly adhesives, but this is why you get new boots, so, change them. Once the boot is off, remove the OEM wire and notice how flimsy it is in removal. Most likely you'll destroy it when pulling it off, but some of you may have no problem at all, which makes me question this high voltage connection to begin with.

Twist it counter-clockwise while gently pulling, it should come off okay. Replace with the Granatelli upgrade connector and install a fresh boot. Connecting it to the spark plug can be a tad frustrating, a bit of hunting for the reassurijng "click", but once it clicks into place you'll know it. BTW, no radio resistance noted.

The performance here, is in a "zero ohm" resistance to the power of the coil pack. Whether it be 50 volts, or, 500 volts, the OEM connector presents resistance to the flow of this power, and the spark suffers a loss of energy. Again, this is the same situation as y'all will find with conventional spark plug wires, if we had them.

Is it worth it? Can I point to any specific gauge, or, dyno chart and say "look here"? No. But, most of us should understand from our collective experience, that a bad spark plug wire can raise hell, while hiding itself in deep cover.

I have done some testing at the race track, but it doesn't look like I'll get time to do the live data logging on a dyno that I planned. At the track, I was able to do a number of passes where my MM was in relatively similar condition, i.e. street tires, street tune, street fuel, and so on. But these passes occured on different days, and are not "back to back". My performance improved from 12.4x through 12.3x and down to 12.218/113.02 MPH.

Is this improvement all from this Granatelli mod? No, I can't say that. But, I believe this mod has it's bang for the buck, and if you have ever had any spark plug wire mysteries, here's the solution.

BTW, our friend Wes Chain at Innovative Interceptors has these kits in stock, please patronize an MM.Net sponsor?

That was my original point of view on this mod, and that's about all I can say about it today.

It's a fairly straightforward mod. Not great science behind it. Reduce resistance and you improve the flow. Basic electrical plumbing, eh?

Like MarauderJack has posted, so many small and pestering problems that haunted my MM and gave it it's very own "personality" have dried up. Cold starts are quicker, the engine just lights up on the key. Not that I'm one to sit still for a warm-up period, driving through the 7 minute warm up loop is a lot less jerky and unreasonable. Both cold and hot idle is much smoother, as well as my throttle tip in. The whole car just drives smoother throughout the RPMs, I swear that there must have been a loose connection before I installed this upgrade, I just know it!

It's a shame that the other thread got cluttered as it did, but there is no doubt in my mind, that this mod works, and is worth the money. Like FordNut, I'm considering the full upgrade. Both of us are at the upper extremes of power production and I may further benefit from upgrading my coils too. But, I took this mod a step at a time, and like Metroplex says, the OEM coils may be sufficient, if given half a chance to get their voltage out.

This upgrade does that. IMHO, it works. Make your own list of tiny things you wich would go away, then see what goes away, for 130 bucks.

Shora
10-30-2005, 08:58 PM
After much discussion from Mac et all regarding the connectors, and PMs from people, I am setting up a group buy for the Spark Plug Ignition Coil Connectors.

Pricing, if we get 30 people, will be $130.00 Per Set, with Free shipping.

This is for a set of 8 Ignition Coil Insert Replacements.

If we get enough interest, I will make a go of it. So please chime in if you are interested in a set!!I am proud to say that I have bought from Wes before and I am interested in this product as well. However, I do not know how to install something like this myself. How much would an install run for this upgrade? Also, will it void any of the Ford warranty? I know they look for any excuse to deny you when it comes to warranty work.

SergntMac
10-30-2005, 09:53 PM
I do not know how to install something like this myself. How much would an install run for this upgrade? Also, will it void any of the Ford warranty? I know they look for any excuse to deny you when it comes to warranty work. IMHO, no problems here, Shora.

The install is no more difficult than changing spark plugs, and this can't get any easier that it is on a Marauder. Really. You may end up buying a few inexpensive tools yourself, and having some fun. Anyway, use this advice to shop install costs from your local wrenches. One peek at the process, you'll be stopping by Sears for a Craftsman tool catalogue.

The high temp silicone boots included ARE a Ford product, it says so on the boot. I doubt any Ford wrench could just glance at this upgrade and cry foul. They would probably think the others they have seen got ripped off.

IMHO, this getting to be a "no brainer" mod...So much good, for so little money. Hell, for those of y'all who never turned a wrench on a car anywhere ever, just install these yourself and you'll open a whole new world of "I want to mod my Marauder-itis."

You've been warned.

wchain
10-31-2005, 08:12 AM

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product/tf-VehicleBrowse/s-10101/Pr-p_Product.CATENTRY_ID:2010074/showCustom-0/p-2010074/N-200728955+111+2003+600001579/c-10101 I just called JCW to inquire about the pricing structure. They are on backorder, and will not be available for at least 30-45 days according to their rep, and another 7-10 days for shipping. Funny, my supplier says inventory is good and available. :confused:

See my first post. Its edited. Now $120, SHIPPED!

gonzo50
11-01-2005, 04:37 PM
Do we have the 30 buyers needed for this group buy to happen, count me in and let me know what I have to do. Thanks Wes. ;)

CRUZTAKER
11-01-2005, 06:59 PM
Wes...I'm in in as I said in a voicemail.

BTW, where you at man?

1stMerc
11-01-2005, 08:54 PM
Wes, count me in and let me know when this goes down and whats required.

wchain
11-02-2005, 07:26 AM
Wes...I'm in in as I said in a voicemail.

BTW, where you at man?
I'm around!

We're almost half way there, with the calls and PMs and Emails!

WOOHOO!

Lets keep it goin!

Wes

Eric91Z
11-02-2005, 08:32 AM
OK, count me in, too. Not that I need to be doing anything more at this time. Guess I will just have to hope for some good nights bartending... :D

Any recommendations on spark plugs to do at the same time?

fastblackmerc
11-02-2005, 08:41 AM
OK, count me in, too. Not that I need to be doing anything more at this time. Guess I will just have to hope for some good nights bartending... :D

Any recommendations on spark plugs to do at the same time?
NGK TR6
or
Motorcraft AWSF-A32C

wchain
11-02-2005, 10:13 AM
Half Way There!!!

wchain
11-03-2005, 03:15 PM
Less than 10 kits before this is a GO!
Thanks everyone! :burnout:

Blackened300a
11-04-2005, 05:46 PM
Well make it 9 more, I plan to put my order in for this, Im convinced since it was posted that this item clears up a few things I noticed as far as Idle.

Hotrauder
11-04-2005, 06:32 PM
This is a great deal on a very worthy while upgrade. Very likely we are all losing some power due to less than perfect ignition spark. Any questions please read Macs posts in the other thread and this one! Jump on this now. Dennis :beer:

jimlam56
11-05-2005, 04:55 AM
Put me down for a set and advise payment and shipping details.

Thanks, Jim

MikesMerc
11-05-2005, 07:53 AM
I voted myself to be included on the list last week when the thead popped up. Only a few more to go. Dave, Slim, etc? This sounds like a great mod.

Todd
11-06-2005, 12:26 PM
I'll do it.......

Count me in for one set.

snowbird
11-06-2005, 04:56 PM
Put me down for a set and advise payment and shipping details.

Thanks, Snowbird

wchain
11-14-2005, 07:19 AM
Ordering will start for these this coming friday!
:banana2:

Dragcity
11-14-2005, 08:11 AM
Hit Me! Just caught on to this situation. I am in for a set as well. Let me know about payment/shipping info.

Eric91Z
11-14-2005, 08:41 AM

Will you post up what you want for payment instructions: PayPal, CC, etc? And mentioning the group purchase?

Thanks for doing this.

wchain
11-14-2005, 01:31 PM
Will you post up what you want for payment instructions: PayPal, CC, etc? And mentioning the group purchase?

Thanks for doing this.

I will have seprate section for the GP on the website.

I'll accept cash, check, money orders, credit cards, paypal, first born child, food stamps, welfare checks and pigs....

Eric91Z
11-14-2005, 01:35 PM

I'll accept cash, check, money orders, credit cards, paypal, first born child, food stamps, welfare checks and pigs....

Darn, we just got rid of our last 2 pigs...;)

MarauderMark
11-14-2005, 02:18 PM

Hows about a couple of pigs on welfare?:D

MENINBLK
11-14-2005, 02:35 PM
Less than 10 kits before this is a GO!
Thanks everyone! :burnout:

OKAY !!!

If you want them NOW, ya got to get your orders in NOW !!!

I'm going to order a set, so there is ONE LESS needed to place the order !!!

snowbird
11-14-2005, 03:10 PM
Hi,

You got a PM for the finishing info regarding my order. Thanks and regards

Sully008
11-14-2005, 03:24 PM
Wes,

This is the LAST thing I need just before Christmas, but I'm in. Sounds like a no brainer. I'll give you a call later this week.

jimlam56
11-14-2005, 04:30 PM
PM sent!
Thanks, Jim

fastblackmerc
11-14-2005, 05:06 PM

Don't see it on your website?????

wchain
11-14-2005, 05:15 PM
Will be there later this week for ordering. :burnout:

1stMerc
11-14-2005, 07:23 PM

Cool beans. Keep us posted on what you need.

wchain
11-17-2005, 07:32 AM
I will be placing information tonight on the website for ordering, and the ordering will be open until next Friday (day after Thanksgiving) at that point, all orders will be placed!

Dragcity
11-17-2005, 10:51 AM
Do you want the pig roasted or not? I am unclear as to your intentions.

wchain
11-17-2005, 12:14 PM
Do you want the pig roasted or not? I am unclear as to your intentions.

BY all means No! I'm talking house pet!!

Dragcity
11-17-2005, 12:25 PM
OOOOOOOHHHHHHH, (sorry).

wchain
11-17-2005, 08:00 PM
Online Ordering Is Up And Available!

67435animal
11-18-2005, 05:36 AM
Thanks Wes. I have placed my oder.

MENINBLK
11-18-2005, 10:50 AM
MY ORDER IS IN !!!

Come on guys.
The faster you get your order in, the faster we get them installed !!!

Wes,
You got Motorcraft plugs too ???
Maybe we should get a set of plus with the wires ?

CRUZTAKER
11-18-2005, 05:40 PM
Wes...you really should have a LINK to your site in your sig.;)

COOL AWESOME NOTICABLE RED LINK (http://www.innovativeinterceptors.com/) :P

ORDER PLACED. SEE COMMENTS.

rayjay
11-19-2005, 02:46 AM
Site is up, order placed, thanks Wes!

SergntMac
11-19-2005, 06:06 AM
Anyone know if these will perform even better with Denso plugs? Safe to say you should expect improvement across the board.

Sully008
11-19-2005, 09:50 AM
My order's in. Thanks Wes!

Todd
11-19-2005, 02:08 PM
Orders in as well.

rayjay
11-19-2005, 04:22 PM
Safe to say you should expect improvement across the board. Thanks Sarge, next time DR runs a special I'll order them.

fastblackmerc
11-19-2005, 05:43 PM
Mine in also....

Thanks Wes!

BruteForce
11-19-2005, 05:59 PM
Thanks Sarge, next time DR runs a special I'll order them.

DR doesn't carry them last I knew.

rayjay
11-19-2005, 07:07 PM
DR doesn't carry them last I knew.

I meant these

http://reinhartautomotive.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/RPE%20Denso%20Plug.jpg

2003DOHC
11-20-2005, 03:27 PM
Order has been placed!! Thanks Wes!!!

marauder307
11-20-2005, 03:53 PM
Order placed! Looking forward to gettin' 'em here and gettin' 'em installed!

jimlam56
11-20-2005, 05:22 PM
I missed the ordering instructons.....
Jim

MM03MOK
11-20-2005, 06:21 PM
http://www.innovativeinterceptors.com/performance.html

Bottom of the page.

DEFYANT
11-20-2005, 09:09 PM
I like the logic involved here. A braided wire has got to be a better conductor rather then the flimsy spring.

Has there been any real testing done on these yet. N/A and S/C apps?

1stMerc
11-20-2005, 09:15 PM
Wes my order is in. Looking forward to getting them.

Sully008
11-20-2005, 11:07 PM
I like the logic involved here. A braided wire has got to be a better conductor rather then the flimsy spring.

Has there been any real testing done on these yet. N/A and S/C apps?

Here's one of the thread's from the garage, Charlie. Seems like a good thing. FordNut's done some legwork for us already.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21914

wchain
11-21-2005, 08:13 AM
18 orders in so far, lookin good! :cool:

Dragcity
11-21-2005, 08:44 AM
It's Easy to spend $$. I have my order #

MM03MOK
11-21-2005, 09:00 AM
Order placed, along with a set of rear slotted rotors! WOOT!!

wchain
11-22-2005, 07:14 AM
Alrighty ladies and gents! We have 22 orders in so far, missing 8 folks....where are ya? :burnout:

gonzo50
11-22-2005, 09:02 AM
Alrighty ladies and gents! We have 22 orders in so far, missing 8 folks....where are ya? :burnout:
Just placed my order in with Wes, should only be missing 7 folks...:rolleyes:

the_pack_rat
11-25-2005, 08:32 PM
I'm probably one of those ... haven't spent much time on-line this past week.

Took my wife to the ER on Monday & she's been in the hospital since :(

I'll go to the order page & place my order.

Dragcity
11-30-2005, 09:51 AM
when do these ship ???

wchain
11-30-2005, 11:20 AM
when do these ship ???

Ordering goes down today, count a few days to get to me and then out to you guys!

If you want to get in on it, place your orders! :burnout:

rayjay
12-08-2005, 07:33 PM
Ordering goes down today, count a few days to get to me and then out to you guys!

If you want to get in on it, place your orders! :burnout:

Wes, any news on these?

wchain
12-09-2005, 08:16 AM
Let me call and check it out. I know I ordered more than the distributor expected me to....

67435animal
12-12-2005, 10:40 AM
Let me call and check it out. I know I ordered more than the distributor expected me to....

Just wondering when I'll get mine....

MENINBLK
12-12-2005, 04:58 PM
Any word on these yet ???

BK_GrandMarquis
12-14-2005, 03:07 PM
Just wondering when I'll get mine....

Any word on these yet ???

Ditto. Any news?

Todd
12-17-2005, 06:48 PM
I am curious on the status as well...

Looking to install these at the same time as my new tranny and converter for my trip to south Florida for New Years........

Want to show my cousin the car after the turbo install...

MENINBLK
12-18-2005, 01:18 AM
Bueller..... Bueller....

jimlam56
12-18-2005, 05:10 AM
Ditto. Any news?
I know my visa got tagged for the $120 yesterday.
Hopefully that's a good sign..

Dragcity
12-19-2005, 08:58 AM
Does anyone have any news about these? I PM'd Wes and got no reply....

Hello Wes, are you out there?

Are these coming, or should I cancel payment?

Need to know soon.

Thanks

wchain
12-19-2005, 09:37 AM
Hey Guys, Sorry I've been away from the boards.

I have most of the units in and I will be shipping today and tomorrow. Look for a USPS email with a tracking number!

Thanks for your patience!!
Wes

Dragcity
12-19-2005, 11:59 AM
Thanks for the reply. Looking forward to these.

MENINBLK
12-19-2005, 12:06 PM
Thank God you're still alive !!! :laugh:

1stMerc
12-20-2005, 09:07 PM
Hey Guys, Sorry I've been away from the boards.

I have most of the units in and I will be shipping today and tomorrow. Look for a USPS email with a tracking number!

Thanks for your patience!!
Wes

I received my email today.

Thanks, Wes

juno
12-22-2005, 08:53 AM
Has anyone received any shipping information? I have not.

MM03MOK
12-22-2005, 09:06 AM
I hope Wes doesn't mind me saying this.....

He has a full time job and Innovative Interceptors is his one-person after-hours "job." With the Holiday season upon us, I'm sure those after-hours are pretty packed. We all know he puts his heart and soul into taking care of his customers, and for that we are so appreciative. Thank you, Wes!!

MENINBLK
12-22-2005, 09:17 AM
I hope Wes doesn't mind me saying this.....

He has a full time job and Innovative Interceptors is his one-person after-hours "job." With the Holiday season upon us, I'm sure those after-hours are pretty packed. We all know he puts his heart and soul into taking care of his customers, and for that we are so appreciative. Thank you, Wes!!

I'm sure he doesn't mind.
I was about to say the same thing.

Wes is very grateful for having the opportunity to bring to us the accessories and performance parts that we are looking for.
Wes goes out of his way, lots of times, looking for the coolest stuff available
and shares what he finds with all of us, and gives us a way to obtain what he has found.

I don't mind waiting for anything I order through Wes because I know Wes has an eye for quality.
I also can understand, working in Retail myself, that this is the PEAK time of the year for business,
and there are also lots of events going on that can delay normal things
from moving as fast as we'd all like them to.

Wes will get to us, as him time allows. Wes hasn't forgotten us.
Focus on your families right now.
Enjoy your holiday, and Wes will come through for us.

"Good things come to those who wait."

Happy Holidays to everyone...

rayjay
12-22-2005, 11:31 AM
Wes called me several nights ago to verify my address. I have also received a email with tracking info from the USPS.

Mard
12-22-2005, 01:49 PM
Received my parts today :banana: .

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Todd
12-22-2005, 01:56 PM
Wes called me several nights ago to verify my address. I have also received a email with tracking info from the USPS.

I didnt get a phone call but I did get my email!!!! I cant wait!

Todd
12-24-2005, 02:44 PM
I am sorry if I missed it but does anyone have instructions to install these?????

I got my connectors today. Thanks Wes.

I havent taken my plug connectors out so it may be very self explanatory. But I just thought I would ask before I get started.

Merry Christmas everyone!

rayjay
12-24-2005, 03:13 PM
Mine came in yesterday, thanks Wes. Merry Christmas to all.

Todd
12-24-2005, 03:27 PM
I am sorry if I missed it but does anyone have instructions to install these?????

I havent taken my plug connectors out so it may be very self explanatory. But I just thought I would ask before I get started.

Nevermind, they really are self explanatory.

Just pull the coil cover off, pull one one of the coils out which has the boot attached.

Pull the boot off and then pull the 'spring' off. You end up destroying the spring to get it off because while you are pulling the spring you stretch it out of shape.

Then put a little dielectric grease on both ends of the new 'wire inside the new boot. I just pulled it out of each one and applied the grease, then stuck the wire back in.

Then seat one end of the wire inside the coil. Slide the boot back over the wire and seat it on the coil just like the old one was.

Then put the whole assembly back on the plug and make sure it seats well on the spark plug.

Repeat 7 more times.

And man did that spring crap from the factory look cheesy. This is a no brainer upgrade. Even if it give no seat of the pants performance at all it just looks like it belongs on cars like ours.

1stMerc
12-24-2005, 05:21 PM
Recieved my kit yesterday and it rained all day today and it's supposed to be colder tomorrow.

Thanks Wes,

Merry Christmas to one and all.

jimlam56
12-24-2005, 05:26 PM
[quote=Todd]Nevermind, they really are self explanatory.

Just pull the coil cover off, pull one one of the coils out which has the boot attached.

Pull the boot off and then pull the 'spring' off. You end up destroying the spring to get it off because while you are pulling the spring you stretch it out of shape.

Then put a little dielectric grease on both ends of the new 'wire inside the new boot. I just pulled it out of each one and applied the grease, then stuck the wire back in.

Then seat one end of the wire inside the coil. Slide the boot back over the wire and seat it on the coil just like the old one was.

Then put the whole assembly back on the plug and make sure it seats well on the spark plug.

Repeat 7 more times.

And man did that spring crap from the factory look cheesy. This is a no brainer upgrade. Even if it give no seat of the pants performance at all it just looks like it belongs on cars like ours.[/q

especially for the last line!
Got mine today, but before I install, any comments from anyone on spark plug choices besides stock for a N/S, N/T with a tune?
Merry Christmas, Jim

SergntMac
12-24-2005, 05:54 PM
And man did that spring crap from the factory look cheesy. This is a no brainer upgrade. Even if it give no seat of the pants performance at all it just looks like it belongs on cars like ours. Told ya...

I suggest you pull your plugs and take a peek at them while you're visiting the neighborhood. Check for uniform gap, worn electrodes, signs of rich/lean burin and so on, replace as necessary. Congrats!

Got mine today, but before I install, any comments from anyone on spark plug choices besides stock for a N/S, N/T with a tune?
Merry Christmas, Jim When I owned my N/A Marauder, with a SCT chip, Jerry tune, UD pulleys, Stallion TC, and so on, I got the best performance from Denso IT-20 plugs and a 180 stat. Found 4 RWHP and 3 RWTQ improvements from back to back dynos, but your results may vary.

Yes, they are pricey over others, but they work. Checked them after 8K, looked brand new. I use the IT-22 in my S/C Marauder, outstanding performance. Congrats to you too.

rayjay
12-24-2005, 07:03 PM
[quote=Todd
Then put a little dielectric grease on both ends of the new 'wire inside the new boot. I just pulled it out of each one and applied the grease, then stuck the wire back in. quote]

Thanks for the grease tip, this step completely eluded my memory. Merry Christmas.

gonzo50
12-26-2005, 05:49 PM
I just received mine on the 24th also, perfect for a christmas gift under the tree, Thanks Wes.:beer:

rayjay
12-28-2005, 01:57 PM
I did mine this afternoon. If you can change your spark plugs, you can do this. Very simple. If I had looked inside the box more carefully I would not have had to spend $1.06 on a packet of dielectric grease... anyway, I noticed that the idle was smoother after the install. Short road trip down the T-Way on Friday to see my side of the family for Christmas. Interested to see if there is a mileage improvement, I won't be surprized if there is. :D

Dragcity
12-28-2005, 02:52 PM
No Call, No e-mail, No product.

HELP. I feel left out....

BK_GrandMarquis
12-28-2005, 05:53 PM

Your not the only one. I figure I'd just give it till the next year. It's a busy time of year. Being on the other side of the country from him, it's gonna take at least a week to get here.

MENINBLK
12-28-2005, 09:24 PM

I speak to Wes almost every day, and still nothing for me...

I guess I'm "Special" . :banana:

UPDATE :

Spoke to Wes tonight, and he is still shipping out orders.
He is packing and shipping as many as he can, each day.
We should all be getting them soon.

fastblackmerc
12-28-2005, 09:48 PM

Same here..... :(

FordNut
12-28-2005, 10:19 PM
Anybody gonna do a before/after dyno test?

MM03MOK
12-29-2005, 06:04 AM
I guess I'm "Special" . :banana:

Ah....light dawns on MarbleHead.... :lol: :jk:

Dragcity
12-29-2005, 07:14 AM
Am I in Good Company... or Bad Company?

Dragcity
12-29-2005, 09:10 AM
Oh - Oh I got my tracking info....

SergntMac
12-29-2005, 10:04 AM
Anybody gonna do a before/after dyno test?Ummm....Why? Charlie said they won't do anything, and Charlie wouldn't kid us, would he?

CRUZTAKER
12-29-2005, 06:12 PM
Thanks Wes! ;)

2003DOHC
12-30-2005, 01:36 PM
Thank You Wes for the great service and christmas card. Happy New Year.:)

67435animal
12-30-2005, 02:26 PM
Got mine a week ago. Installed them today. Started right up and seemed to drop to idle a little quicker. Also idled a little smoother. Test drive tomorrow.

*update* - seems to run smoother and a little stronger. Easy install; much better contructed parts.

rayjay
12-31-2005, 06:44 AM
Did my road trip last night. Looks like 25.5 mpg, on winter gas :banana2: Thats the best mileage I've ever seen with this car, winter or summer.

fastblackmerc
01-03-2006, 02:58 PM
Got mine today. Installing this weekend.....

Dragcity
01-03-2006, 05:33 PM
I'm with you. Just received mine today. Thanks Wes. Loking forward to playing this weekend.

Burnouts at 1/4 mile !

HwyCruiser
01-07-2006, 01:56 PM
Thanks Wes! Just got mine in the mail today, now just waiting for the engine to cool down and review the installation tips posted here.

wchain
01-11-2006, 07:23 AM
Guys,
Sorry I haven't been online, I've been swamped at work and trying to close out 2005.

For those of you who placed your orders AFTER I closed the group buy, as a courtesy, I will be extending the availability to you all as well, but I have to place a large order, more than I have pre-sold. So, I should be doing that this week in order to extend the price to you. Please be patient with me while I sort things out, and I should be shipping these items out by mid next week!

Thanks again!

juno
02-04-2006, 05:40 PM
Another happy GMS COP customer. Installed them today and as others have said, seems to start better, she idles down quicker and a noticeable improvement in idle quality, plus seems to be smoother at all RPM's.
Good mod.

Thanks Wes!

jimlam56
02-04-2006, 06:15 PM
Another happy GMS COP customer. Installed them today and as others have said, seems to start better, she idles down quicker and a noticeable improvement in idle quality, plus seems to be smoother at all RPM's.
Good mod.

Thanks Wes!
I agree..best bang for the buck besides the Defyant lower greille mod!:D

wchain
03-01-2006, 04:12 PM
Ladies and Gents, if you placed an order and you have not yet recieved these items, please email or PM me ASAP, reference your order number!

Wes

ctrlraven
03-14-2006, 11:01 PM
is the group buy still open? i'd like to get a set of the Granatelli Motorsports Ignition Coil Connectors.