PDA

View Full Version : Lidio does rock!!!

Bowman9
10-29-2005, 11:55 PM
I have a SCT 9100 tuner I purchased elsewhere, but I wasn't happy with the tune, I was experiencing pinging under load and the throttle response was weak.
So after talking to few members here on MM.net I decided to give Lidio a call.
He said to box it up with a list of my mods and he would put his tunes on it for me (for a price of course).
He received and returned it back to me fast, along with the K&N kit I ordered. He placed tunes for both 91 and 93 octane gasoline on my tuner.

What a difference over the other tune, I now have much better throttle response and no more pinging. I am very happy I made the call to Lidio.

Keep up the good work :up:

Tallboy
10-30-2005, 05:10 AM
I have a SCT 9100 tuner I purchased elsewhere, but I wasn't happy with the tune, I was experiencing pinging under load and the throttle response was weak.
He said to box it up with a list of my mods and he would put his tunes on it for me (for a price of course).
He received and returned it back to me fast, along with the K&N kit I ordered. He placed tunes for both 91 and 93 octane gasoline on my tuner.

What a difference over the other tune, I now have much better throttle response and no more pinging. I am very happy I made the call to Lidio.

I am happy you like your new-found power! :burnout:

I've said it before, I'll say it again: If you're looking to get a tune/hand-held tuner, save yourself a lot of time and money and call Lidio FIRST! :beer:

Lidio
10-30-2005, 05:26 AM

Thanks for the kind words and let us know if we can help again.

StevenJ
11-14-2005, 08:09 PM
Well I just got my tune. I have only driven the car for a quick one mile trip just to see if it worked. The car idles higher in neutral like I asked but in drive it stays at the same 500 rpm. I wanted that a bit higher. I floored it from a rolling start from 15 mph and let off around 60 mph. I let off the full throttle around 52mph and it seemed to shift from 1st to 2nd around 51-52 mph to second. I can't tell if it's that much faster. I haven't driven the car enough. Also when I start it, an new emergency light flashes when I start the car. I don't know what it says but I will find out what it says. Is the car tuned for 91 or 93? I didn't specify when I ordered come to think of it. The car did seem to down shift a bit faster though. I'm really not sure, I'll need to do some more testing. To be fair, a one mile drive isn't a fair evaluation but I'll have a whole day tomorrow to find out if I like it or not. So cheers to a good drive.

*Update

I drove the car again today. I don't know what happened the first run but the car definietely drives a whole lot better. I'm assuming you also adjusted the air/flow ratio for the K&N Air charger kit. I can hear it sucking in cold air. Car did pick up a lot of acceleration and the shift from 1st to 2nd under full throttle is freaking awsome. Not really smooth, you can feel it, but it's a really incredible feeling. Maybe the car just needed to self adjust but the idle in drive seems a bit higher than stock like I asked. So overall I love the tune. Thanks a lot.

merc6
11-15-2005, 07:22 PM
I haven't been able to test the xcal 2 I got from him cause my car is still being shipped from texas. After reading these posts I am well ashured I went with the right tune provider!