PDA

View Full Version : Fastest Marauder S/C stock motor

maraudernkc
10-31-2005, 08:18 AM
I have a question. Who has the fastest Marauder that is Supercharged and has a bone stock motor?

That means no forged goodies, no nitrous. Just a good old fashioned supercharged Marauder.

Looking at the the timeslip page, it appers that MI2QWK4U has a 11.920. (nice run by the way)

Is the the above time the best to Date on a Stock motor running no juice and a blower?

Dave, on that run were you ruuning any of the above and what was the tempature outside?

It would be nice to have diffrent classes on the timeslip page, like

1. Stock Marauder ( No power adders)

2. Stock Marauder motor with power adders.

3. Marauder with forged motor and power adders.

What do you guys think?

Smokie
10-31-2005, 10:09 AM
I have a question. Who has the fastest Marauder that is Supercharged and has a bone stock motor?

That means no forged goodies, no nitrous. Just a good old fashioned supercharged Marauder.

Looking at the the timeslip page, it appers that MI2QWK4U has a 11.920. (nice run by the way)

Is the the above time the best to Date on a Stock motor running no juice and a blower?

Dave, on that run were you ruuning any of the above and what was the tempature outside?

What do you guys think?I'm not sure about your definition of a bone stock motor, Zack runs 11.6 on stock motor and blower NO OTHER POWER ADDERS, but I can't be sure about everybody's definition of a stock motor, so I have a feeling that this is going to turn into another endless argument.

juno
10-31-2005, 10:28 AM
You can add a category for race gas and pump gas tunes also.

MM03MOK
10-31-2005, 10:46 AM
My head is spinning!!! There are so few cars that have had their engines rebuilt and since "Details" links to your Profile, add the info there. One could also add "Stock" or "Rebuilt" or "Forged" in their "Ride" category for easy viewing within the database page.

"Induction" is not a sortable list and Logan would have to do the rewriting...... Let's get the link to the timeslip itself corrected first. ;)

MikesMerc
10-31-2005, 03:41 PM
hmmm...yes, this does get tricky.

Defining "stock" might be very difficult as noted above. Does a rebuilt motor with stock specs, stock pistons, rods and crank count as stock?

You can get into race fuel, but then you need to subdivide beyond that. What about leaded versus unleaded race fuels? I consider 100 octane unleaded to be pump gas that is fully street legal with emissions...no different than 93 or 94. If you want to seperate 100 out, then you need to seperate 94, 93, 89, and 87 as well. Should leaded 110 have its own subclass?

What's probably even more meaningful is subclasses on drivetrain and suspension mods. Making power is only part of the equation. When you get into stock versus tweaked transmission, stock versus aftermarket stall converters, stock versus aftermarket rear ends, gears, and axles,...the list just seems endless. And this is without talking about control arms, shocks, struts, etc.

Then you have the wieght issues. Battery relocations, carbon fiber panels, etc etc.

Bottom line, I think with the small timeslip database we have it will be up to the reader to "sort" through the data. As long as everyone puts down all the details we'll have the ability to compare. Adding more sub classes at this point is going to be tough.

DEFYANT
10-31-2005, 03:53 PM
Just leave it as it is. The fastest car is the fastest car. If you want division, subdivide the groups by fastest N/A, Nitirous, T-S/C, V-S/C & P-S/C.

MI2QWK4U
10-31-2005, 05:19 PM
I'm not sure about your definition of a bone stock motor, Zack runs 11.6 on stock motor and blower NO OTHER POWER ADDERS, but I can't be sure about everybody's definition of a stock motor, so I have a feeling that this is going to turn into another endless argument.

From 10-12-05, Zach talking about his engine, it is a built block, not stock.
My Specifications, for all to know.

Yes, I had my engine beefed up. And I might note I did not blow up my original engine. I pulled it out of the car running perfectly.
It is a forged 4.6, thats it.
It has CP pisting, Eagle rods and a 4340 Steel Crank.
Absolutely no head work, but I did have Crower Valve Springs installed to be safe. Stock cams, 10.1:1 compression. I also eliminated the EGR.

MI2QWK4U
10-31-2005, 05:27 PM

Dave, on that run were you runing any of the above and what was the tempature outside?

What do you guys think?

My block is completely stock, with Trilogy #2 sitting on top. To this day the only items I have touched performance wise are things that A) make it breath better, and B) necessary fuel delivery mods. For breathing better it has a conical air element, JLT air intake, Pro-M MAF, and Accufab Throttle body. For fuel delivery it only has the Focus fuel pump upgrade. Throw in a somewhat aggressive tune and thats it. Bone stock motor and blower laying down 525 at the wheels!

No torque converter, no nitrous, no magical spark plugs, no special thermostat, no insane gears.

As for breaking down the catagories farther than they are now, I say it would be too much of a pain in the but. My vote is to leave it as it is.

Joe Walsh
10-31-2005, 06:05 PM
My block is completely stock, with Trilogy #2 sitting on top. To this day the only items I have touched performance wise are things that A) make it breath better, and B) necessary fuel delivery mods. For breathing better it has a conical air element, JLT air intake, Pro-M MAF, and Accufab Throttle body. For fuel delivery it only has the Focus fuel pump upgrade. Throw in a somewhat aggressive tune and thats it. Bone stock motor and blower laying down 525 at the wheels!

No torque converter, no nitrous, no magical spark plugs, no special thermostat, no insane gears.

As for breaking down the catagories farther than they are now, I say it would be too much of a pain in the but. My vote is to leave it as it is.

Dave, that is AWESOME! I did NOT realize that you were making that obscene power on a stock block! :eek:
I was thinking about why the powdered metal connecting rods have not let go...but now I know why:
You're creating SO much torque that you RE-compress the powdered metal's grain structure on each powerstroke!!

Smokie
10-31-2005, 06:11 PM
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/medium/Timeslip2.jpg

Ask Zack if what he talked about in October 2005 refers to his engine in October of 2004, I don't know the answer. He ran 11.6 over a year ago, I thought he redid his engine recently, but I could certainly be mistaken.:)

MI2QWK4U
10-31-2005, 07:28 PM

Ask Zack if what he talked about in October 2005 refers to his engine in October of 2004, I don't know the answer. He ran 11.6 over a year ago, I thought he redid his engine recently, but I could certainly be mistaken.:)

I am sure you arent mistaken. Zack was smart enough to do his motor before anything might happen. If mine lets go, it lets go, until then its throwing down the most RWHP on a stock block.

SergntMac
10-31-2005, 07:35 PM

Ask Zack if what he talked about in October 2005 refers to his engine in October of 2004, I don't know the answer. He ran 11.6 over a year ago, I thought he redid his engine recently, but I could certainly be mistaken.:) Yep. Dat's it! Thank you, Javier.
From 10-12-05, Zach talking about his engine, it is a built block, not stock. This is true, Zack reinforced his bottom end just this past August (2005), retaining all stock specifications. However, he ran his first 11.6x on 16 October 2004, with his OEM engine in place, no juice. Funny thing isn't it, that he ran consistent 11.6x last season, and this season too, both before and after his upgrade to stronger internals.

Watching his rebuilding, tuning, and his "back to back" testing first hand, IMHO, respecting the OEM design specs is what works when building a fast MM. I rebuilt my MM engine last year, when we knew less about the MM than we know today, and I am pleased with my results. However, I am thinking of rebuilding again for the '06 season, and investing in a bone stock MM engine from KarKraft, and rebuilding it Zack's way.

Adding forged components to an OEM spec engine doesn't add any performance, but as Zack has proven, it's the safer path to follow for a fast MM that will see the track often. Yaknow, between the two of us, we're getting pretty good at pulling stuff out and sticking it back in, only better.

With regard to modding the time slip database with enhancements, IMHO, the suggestions posted here are not available to us. As I understand it, the database itself is a standard "plug in" module for our site software, and we have exhausted the limits of configuring it to our personal needs.

It's rather a simple task to add/update your time slip info, just update your member profile. All the stuff you enter will appear on the time slip page. So, if you go back to the box that says "car" and add special hints like (and I'm making them up as I go along) "Trilogy, RGT", "KB-T, 2.70", "ProCharger A2A, Zex 100#", the message will come across in time, and provide the guidance (and accuracy) desired.

Posting your slip (which is not required until you're in the top ten) for viewing can be accomplished two easy ways. 1) host it off site and provide a link to that location in your profile, or, 2) post a .jpg image of that slip in your gallery, and link to that location.

Ummm...I still don't get this "race gas" stuff. Responding to what someone mentioned in a post just recently, where they mention an "anti-race gas" sentiment here, I'm not sure what was meant. I'm also not sure what someone else may have said about it.

I have not read one word of anything like "anti-race gas" here. In fact, I have read that a few of us have recently done very well with race gas and a special RG tune, but (shrug) it just hasn't worked that way for me. This doesn't mean I'm against use of race gas, it only means that I haven't seen such results myself.

I'm over 500 RWHP on pump gas, 470+ RWTQ too. I use race gas when going to the track simply for my own personal emotional comfort. Zack and I have run a number of tests over two seasons now, comparing stats with and without race gas, and truthfully, race gas dosen't seem to improve my my Vortech/SCT performance. This isn't anything "anti" on race gas, I still use it, but for another reason.

Just a few weekends ago (10/14/05), I ran my best ET ever, 12.218/113.02 MPH, on Pirelli street tires, and with my "day to day everyday" street tune. I added 4 gallons of 100 octane to a quarter tank of crapola pump gas, as I will when going to the track. But, I'm not retuning trackside for any benefit from that octane. I'm not being a smarty azz here, I'm asking for feedback.

1) How does adding 100 octane gas for an approximate 50/50 blend with whatever is in the tank, benefit me at all if I'm not retuning for it trackside?

If not retuning for it, should I declare that in my stats?

Should I (or anyone using 100 octane in this manner) be listed in a specific class here because of my emotional comfort?

All it seems to do for me (and all I want it to do for me), is address the octane imbalance that may be present in my tank from daily use. Keep in mind that my Marauder is very active in OTR travel, and depending on what I was doing the week before any race weekend, there may be some real crapola gas on board, stuff I bought out of state while out of town, 87 octane, 91 octane, water, what ever...

All I want is a fair shot at a clean 93 octane, and to be able to drive my MM home from the race track. I may not be accomplishing this, but it's an emotional band-aid that allows me to hammer my MM full tilt at the track. If this seems improper to y'all, like I'm cheating, or, something, please let me know? Even Zack laughs at me about this, must be some kind of phobia I need to address, eh?

MI2QWK4U
10-31-2005, 08:39 PM

I must correct myself, unlike others when they make a mistake... Credit for the fastest, most RWHP on a stock engine is our very own Mike Z aka Mikesmerc. Mike is running the trilogy and nitrious and his block is ala factory, 532 RWHP/577 RWTQ. His is handling 2 power adders, mine has 1 power adder. Shoot, either way it just about more than anyone else is throwing down.

And Mac, my ref to Zack buiding his motor was not a put down, it was a good idea and I should probably follow suit to be on the safe side. But if I get a built up block, then I am really going to get radical, instead of being conservative like I am now.

And another thing Mac, Lid explained the role of race gas in power adder situations, maybe I will find it for you.

bigslim
10-31-2005, 09:04 PM
I will say that Mike is the fastest on stock internals. I witnessed his 11.53 run and you guys have seen the video of his 11.6 run at Milan. All of this was achieved on stock internals.

HwyCruiser
10-31-2005, 09:27 PM
Slim, was Mike's 11 second runs with the nitrous? I just assume that because he has the S/C + Nitrous flagged on the timeslip database. Greg's question was aimed towards a supercharged stock engine w/o nitrous. If it wasn't that indeed is very impressive.

All I want is a fair shot at a clean 93 octane, and to be able to drive my MM home from the race track. I may not be accomplishing this, but it's an emotional band-aid that allows me to hammer my MM full tilt at the track. If this seems improper to y'all, like I'm cheating, or, something, please let me know? Even Zack laughs at me about this, must be some kind of phobia I need to address, eh?
I'm with Mac on the comfort angle with race gas. My dyno tune was done on 91 octane (highest available at the tuner's location). However, I prefer using a 3:2 ratio of 92 octane / 100 octane mix to raise the effective octane rating to 95, especially when I head out purposefully to beat on my Marauder. I'll drive on 92 octane for stretches, even 91 octane doesn't seem to bother her, but I just don't beat so hard on the motor. Phobia is as a good word as any I guess, but I would say conservative in its place.

I've not been on the track with straight race gas though. At Milan during MVIII I made the error of topping my tank with Sunoco 94 the night before the drag racing event, so when I hit the track with near 7/8th's of a tank I didn't bother with it. If we had Sunoco Gold here I wouldn't bother with the 100 octane pump at all. It's those two little octane points that seem to temper my enthusiasm... well most of the time anyway.

bigslim
10-31-2005, 09:55 PM
You're right. Mike's run was on nitrous. I do believe Lidio ran some 11's before his engine rebuild without nitrous too. I am not sure what his times were.

Slim, was Mike's 11 second runs with the nitrous? I just assume that because he has the S/C + Nitrous flagged on the timeslip database. Greg's question was aimed towards a supercharged stock engine w/o nitrous. If it wasn't that indeed is very impressive.

I'm with Mac on the comfort angle with race gas. My dyno tune was done on 91 octane (highest available at the tuner's location). However, I prefer using a 3:2 ratio of 92 octane / 100 octane mix to raise the effective octane rating to 95, especially when I head out purposefully to beat on my Marauder. I'll drive on 92 octane for stretches, even 91 octane doesn't seem to bother her, but I just don't beat so hard on the motor. Phobia is as a good word as any I guess, but I would say conservative in its place.

I've not been on the track with straight race gas though. At Milan during MVIII I made the error of topping my tank with Sunoco 94 the night before the drag racing event, so when I hit the track with near 7/8th's of a tank I didn't bother with it. If we had Sunoco Gold here I wouldn't bother with the 100 octane pump at all. It's those two little octane points that seem to temper my enthusiasm... well most of the time anyway.

AzMarauder
10-31-2005, 10:19 PM
I will say that Mike is the fastest on stock internals. I witnessed his 11.53 run and you guys have seen the video of his 11.6 run at Milan. All of this was achieved on stock internals.
I thought the original question was who was fastest on JUST the S/C and stock block/internals.

DEFYANT
10-31-2005, 10:34 PM
I thought the original question was who was fastest on JUST the S/C and stock block/internals.

Please don't nit pick... we all know what stock means.

Stock to me means "engine is from the factory and is original" with a S/C bolted on.

bigslim
10-31-2005, 10:37 PM
"Read" post #17. I cleared that up.

AzMarauder
10-31-2005, 10:39 PM
Please don't nit pick... we all know what stock means.

Stock to me means "engine is from the factory and is original" with a S/C bolted on.
Oh, I'm not nit picking... we just strayed a long way from the original question.

DEFYANT
10-31-2005, 10:54 PM
Oh, I'm not nit picking... we just strayed a long way from the original question.
...I ment to add to your post, not flame it. My bad :o .

maraudernkc
10-31-2005, 10:59 PM
Dave, Tom's car laid down 519RWHP or maybe more and than it was backed down. That was on 93 Octane. You might not have the most RWHP on a stock block but you have a great timeslip and RWHP numbers.

I am sure you arent mistaken. Zack was smart enough to do his motor before anything might happen. If mine lets go, it lets go, until then its throwing down the most RWHP on a stock block.

maraudernkc
10-31-2005, 11:14 PM
Guys let's stay on topic here. I don't want to have to delete posts.

There is nothing personal here.

Do not post off topic in this thread!

Thank you!

mpearce
11-01-2005, 07:44 AM
Wow...no one can help themselves anymore can they?

Amazing. Same old crap.

-Mat

maraudernkc
11-01-2005, 08:25 AM
Guys, I just got warned that this thread will be shut down if it does not stay on topic.

If you want to talk something else besides what this thread is about, than start your own thread about that topic in another forum.

Lidio or no other vendor has anything tio do with this thread.

Please knock the **** off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smokie
11-01-2005, 08:28 AM

That means no forged goodies, no nitrous. Just a good old fashioned supercharged Marauder.Greg your question has been answered, Zack 11.6 -- October 2004.

If a member has evidence to the contrary, present in a good natured response evidence to the contrary, such as a faster timeslip, not an anecdote.:)

MarauderTJA
11-01-2005, 08:35 AM
Come on guys....:argue: Way off topic here...:alone:

MERCMAN
11-01-2005, 08:38 AM
To knock it off. This has earned a vacation for the usual offenders. Enjoy your rest and use this time for self reflection, laundry, book of the month, WHATEVER. You won't be picking on each other here.

3 days without pay

mpearce
11-01-2005, 09:55 AM
Greg your question has been answered, Zack 11.6 -- October 2004.

If a member has evidence to the contrary, present in a good natured response evidence to the contrary, such as a faster timeslip, not an anecdote.:)
Why doesn't Zack answer this one for himself? Seems as though you've answered it for him twice?

Just a thought.

-Mat

MI2QWK4U
11-01-2005, 10:03 AM
Dave, Tom's car laid down 519RWHP or maybe more and than it was backed down. That was on 93 Octane. You might not have the most RWHP on a stock block but you have a great timeslip and RWHP numbers.

Thanks for correcting me Greg. I was trying to assist on your original question with the information that I thought was most current via the timeslip page.

MarauderTJA
11-01-2005, 10:22 AM
Thanks for correcting me Greg. I was trying to assist on your original question with the information that I thought was most current via the timeslip page.
I hope I can even come somewhat close to your ET Dave. That is going to be tough to beat:burnout:

Tom, Cape Coral, Florida

Smokie
11-01-2005, 11:13 AM
Why doesn't Zack answer this one for himself? Seems as though you've answered it for him twice?

Just a thought.

-MatThen all that remains Mat, is whether you believe me or not.
I can think of some good reasons why a person may choose not to post "I am the fastest"; it usually starts an argument.

If you don't believe the evidence I presented, just say so. If you believe that because it was presented by me instead of Zack it is not valid; say so.

Just a thought.

MM03MOK
11-01-2005, 11:38 AM
I see this "moderating" wasted no time getting over to another website. If you're going to tell the story, tell the whole story. Would the actions have been perceived any different if it was Gregg himself giving the vacation? Just so you know, Gregg asked for the vacations and that the thread be cleaned up and put back on topic. He's tied up today and not able to oversee this thread he started.

Can Logan help? Sure! He can let Administrators do their job, and he does. No one is exempt from the Button. Life is too short. Get over it. Is it that hard to keep threads on topic and check the attitudes at the door? If life is better elsewhere, I wish you well.
To knock it off. This has earned a vacation for the usual offenders. Enjoy your rest and use this time for self reflection, laundry, book of the month, WHATEVER. You won't be picking on each other here.

3 days without pay

TechHeavy
11-01-2005, 01:40 PM
Ummm...I still don't get this "race gas" stuff. Responding to what someone mentioned in a post just recently, where they mention an "anti-race gas" sentiment here, I'm not sure what was meant. I'm also not sure what someone else may have said about it.

I have not read one word of anything like "anti-race gas" here. In fact, I have read that a few of us have recently done very well with race gas and a special RG tune, but (shrug) it just hasn't worked that way for me. This doesn't mean I'm against use of race gas, it only means that I haven't seen such results myself.
Well, I don't know if this response to Mac will be considered "off-topic" or not, but I hope it flies since I wanted to address his question, and I can't PM him since it's currently not enabled. I'll attempt to email this to you as well Mac.
Besides, I think everyone here should benefit from what I, (and the MCM crew) have learned from the race-fuel tune. I'll keep it brief.

You're absolutely right Mac. You will not benefit "performace-wise" from race fuel unless you have a race-fuel tune that takes advantage of the higher octane. Higher octane allows for a more aggressive tune that cannot be achieved with 93 octane.
Again, (if you read my post on my race-fuel tune success... and it seems you have since you referenced it above) I will not give away Lidio's secrets for this "aggressive" tune. Lidio performed the mod for me, and as far as I'm concerned it's his custom work. Ask him about it if you want to know more. All I can say is it was worth the trip to his shop, and the few hundred dollars for the tune. Talk about "bang for the buck"! I gained 35 RWHP and 18.7 RWT for a few hundred dollars that I can turn on and off with a flip of a switch.
Mac, feel free to email/PM me if you have questions since this really isn't sticking to the topic.

The "anti-race fuel tune" reference I made in my post was not intended to flame, but I do know that there are a few members here who take pride in running the same fuel at the track as they do on the street. It was these individuals I was referring to. And that's fine... we all have our opinions. I respect and applaud these guys... yourself included Mac, for your awesome ET on 93 octane. I just wanted to try this before going to smaller gears. And, since it worked so well, (I went from 12.98 to 12.28) I simply wanted everyone to know about this option. We are after all a community that benefits from each other. :)

Thank you moderators if you allow this post to stay here.

mpearce
11-01-2005, 01:52 PM
I can think of some good reasons why a person may choose not to post "I am the fastest"; it usually starts an argument.

No kidding Javier. So lets leave that up to the people in question, they can do battle for themselves. There's no reason to stir a turd when the moderators are trying to keep the peace. If you know there's a touchy subject, or touchy topic, why throw fuel on the fire yourself? Let the people in question fuel the fire on their own maybe?

BTW...I have no problems believing you, Zack, or anyone else for that matter. I saw Zack run 11's all day when he came to Cleveland this year. I saw him run an 11.75 in fact. I can honeslty say, his car launches harder than any other MM Ive seen period.

-Mat

Smokie
11-01-2005, 02:39 PM
No kidding Javier. So lets leave that up to the people in question, they can do battle for themselves. There's no reason to stir a turd when the moderators are trying to keep the peace. If you know there's a touchy subject, or touchy topic, why throw fuel on the fire yourself? Let the people in question fuel the fire on their own maybe?

BTW...I have no problems believing you, Zack, or anyone else for that matter. I saw Zack run 11's all day when he came to Cleveland this year. I saw him run an 11.75 in fact. I can honeslty say, his car launches harder than any other MM Ive seen period.

-MatMat, I thought I was providing a factual response to Greg's question, I did not engage any member in banter, insulted no one. I honestly don't feel that anything I wrote was fuel on the fire.

About the only alternative left open to me was simply to write nothing....perhaps that would be best.

By the way Mat I am not upset with you or anyone here.:) Javier.

mpearce
11-01-2005, 02:45 PM
By the way Mat I am not upset with you or anyone here.:) Javier.
Nor am I. :)

-Mat

MI2QWK4U
11-01-2005, 02:50 PM
I hope I can even come somewhat close to your ET Dave. That is going to be tough to beat:burnout:

Tom, Cape Coral, Florida

Tom, in the great scheme of things it really isnt that important. I never worked on my car with the intent of bantering about, beating someone else, or whos it better or bigger or faster.

MI2QWK4U
11-01-2005, 03:50 PM

What do you guys think?

Greg, as a matter of clarification, are you looking for CURRENT information, or info from years ago, but that car or setup doesnt exhist in stock engine form now?

MikesMerc
11-01-2005, 04:46 PM
No offense to anyone on here, but I guess I don't understand the point of the original post. Looking for the "fastest" "s/c only" "stock block" car is kind of silly if you don't lay down all of the other parameters. Without accounting for the exhaust work, fuel system, MAF and TB, gearing, stall, tires size, tire type, suspensions mods, differential type, wieght of the car, and a dozen other things it doesn't really matter what the results of the question are.

I knew this topic would come up eventually. So here is an example. If someone took a stock marauder then: added a blower making 17 psi, applicable fuel system, 4.56 gears, eaton posi, real drag slicks, full race exhaust, removed the rear seat and replaced the front seats, gutted the sound deadening, added carbon fiber hood and trunk lids, ran race gas, and made a bansi run into the 10s....would that be impressive?

I dunno. Cool...yes. Fun to see...yes. Impressive....I dunno.

I'm waiting for someone to do this so I can see the reaction from the community. Mixed emotions will be expressed I'm sure.

I bring this up because I knew at some point that Lidio, Jerry, and I would be somehow "discounted" for running NOS. For those that are unfamiliar or intimidated by it, its seen as a cheat of some sort. I don't. I wanted to get deep into the 11s and there are many many paths to doing it. Personally, I think a big stall and huge gears ruins the car, so that option was out for me. I also think gutting the car to make it lighter ruins the car as well. Finally, I beleive the tune necessary to run 18 PSI on the street everyday is a huge mistake. So, for me, in my own opnion, NOS was the answer. I know it isn't the answer for everyone though. To each their own and all that.

So, when it comes down to it, slicing and dicing the Timeslips don't get you anywhere. Sure, you can slice, dice and sort the page so that eventually everyone can be number one (the fastest stock marauder with less than 13,000 miles, that had gears, but no cold air intake, no exhaust work, except for mufflers of course, that ran on a Tuesday, in the month of June, etc, etc).

I guess I don't understand where any of this goes:)

FordNut
11-01-2005, 05:30 PM
No offense to anyone on here, but I guess I don't understand the point of the original post.

I guess I don't understand where any of this goes:)
I believe the point of the thread was to find out which of the top runners have not built up their engines with forged internals, whether the result of a blowup or a preventative measure.

MI2QWK4U
11-01-2005, 05:37 PM
...So lets leave that up to the people in question, they can do battle for themselves. There's no reason to stir a turd when the moderators are trying to keep the peace. If you know there's a touchy subject, or touchy topic, why throw fuel on the fire yourself? Let the people in question fuel the fire on their own maybe?-Mat

EXACTLY My point Mat... If you tap dance around a tounchy subject you might just get caught up in it. Sometimes I view this crap as a "I dare you" to see how far you can take it before a moderator jumps in. P*ssing around in a vendors forum wont be tolerated, no matter how "innocent" your posts are, if they agitate or incite others to respond, then they arent so innocent. I support my fellow moderators in their decision, but I will say this much, If I was the one cleaning up this post, there would be one more person on vacation.

Smokie
11-01-2005, 05:57 PM
I bring this up because I knew at some point that Lidio, Jerry, and I would be somehow "discounted" for running NOSHey Mike, chin up guy!!! What you, Lidio and Jerry have accomplished is impressive: the 3 FASTEST MM's. on the planet....it has to feel good, beating a GT. now that is way cool.:D

Mike there is nothing subversive about asking what's the fastest a Marauder ran with just one power adder. Remember when we use to fuss over what was the fastest run by a bonestock Marauder???

I remember back in '03 I made a lot of noise about a run I made on just a tune and to this day it is the run I am most proud of....it sits somewhere in the 3rd page of the timeslips.....my pride and joy.

I have run a little faster since, enough to make front page, but that run in '03 is still very special to me....so there you go.

I have the fastest car on my side of the street, my neighbor across the street has a new 'Vette Z06....I wonder if I could take him.....;)

maraudernkc
11-01-2005, 08:06 PM
The reason I started this thread is to find out who had the following:

1. Fastest Marauder with no power adders.

2. Fastest Marauder with a Supercharger on stock motor running no juice.(any kind of gas)

3. Fastest Marauder with a forged or built motor with a supercahrger.

4. Fastest Marauder with a forged or built motor with a superchager and NOS.

This was not tho start an argument but to let people see what you have to do to your cars to get them to run these kinds of 1/4 mile times.

There are alot of Marauder owners out there that will be adding power adders to there cars and this is good information for them.

DEFYANT
11-01-2005, 11:44 PM
I see this "moderating" wasted no time getting over to another website. If you're going to tell the story, tell the whole story. Would the actions have been perceived any different if it was Gregg himself giving the vacation? Just so you know, Gregg asked for the vacations and that the thread be cleaned up and put back on topic. He's tied up today and not able to oversee this thread he started.

Can Logan help? Sure! He can let Administrators do their job, and he does. No one is exempt from the Button. Life is too short. Get over it. Is it that hard to keep threads on topic and check the attitudes at the door? If life is better elsewhere, I wish you well.
Check your PMs.

MarauderTJA
11-02-2005, 06:38 AM
Tom, in the great scheme of things it really isnt that important. I never worked on my car with the intent of bantering about, beating someone else, or whos it better or bigger or faster.
Fully understand Dave. But you as I wanted a car that was above the rest in modifications. It is in your nature as mine. I love competition and so do a lot of the people here. You have constructed an awesome S/C Marauder and it is indeed something to be proud of. It is all in fun my friend.:beer:

Tom, Cape Coral, Florida

AzMarauder
11-02-2005, 07:03 AM
I guess I don't understand where any of this goes:)Mike,

Perhaps someone might be interested in what the best time is for a given combination. Admittedly KC's question might be a bit vague... or... we could take the meaning of Stock for exactly what it means. OEM.. plus a S/C.

"I have a question. Who has the fastest Marauder that is Supercharged and has a bone stock motor?

That means no forged goodies, no nitrous. Just a good old fashioned supercharged Marauder."

Maybe KC's REAL message here ( I won't speak for him) is a way to sort the page based on certain mods. Then one of us considering a mod etc. could easily find like MM's in the database and see what performance comes along with that set of mods.

However, for some reason the questions got turned around to an attack on folks who have built their motors with forged parts, use NOS, like race gas, (and a few detours to try and settle old arguments that have nothing to do with Slim's original question) when I don't think that was the original intent.

(shrug)

Finally... FWIW... timeslips are interesting in a generalized way.... but I see absolutely no value in them in a ranking perspective. Fastest is on any given day, side by side, period. To try and decide which Rooster stands taller by comparing results on different days, tracks, etc. personally, means nothing to me. Too many variables. Headsup and see who finishes first. Dyno results are the same. Nice generalizations, but if it isn't on the same dyno, same day, etc. I don't see how the results are conclusive.

Smokie
11-02-2005, 07:11 AM

2. Fastest Marauder with a Supercharger on stock motor running no juice.(any kind of gas)

This was not tho start an argument but to let people see what you have to do to your cars to get them to run these kinds of 1/4 mile times.

There are alot of Marauder owners out there that will be adding power adders to there cars and this is good information for them.If you ever find the answers, my advise would be keep it private, the moment you attach the wrong name to a fastest anything, there will be people who will resent you for it.

MI2QWK4U
11-02-2005, 01:40 PM

1. Fastest Marauder with no power adders._______________________ _

2. Fastest Marauder with a Supercharger on stock motor running no juice.(any kind of gas)_________________________

3. Fastest Marauder with a forged or built motor with a supercahrger._________________ _______

4. Fastest Marauder with a forged or built motor with a superchager and NOS.________________________

There are alot of Marauder owners out there that will be adding power adders to there cars and this is good information for them.

Greg, have you filled in any of those blanks yet? You have a good idea going, fill in the blanks, then ask each owner to explain what they did to achieve it. I think the lastest information, timeslips, mods, etc should be used, what do you think? From info from the timeslip page, this appears to be the correct info, any corrections, speak up.
1.Cruztaker
2.MI2QWK4U
3.Zack
4.Jerry Barnes w/built forged engine MikesMerc w/stock engine

MikesMerc
11-02-2005, 02:21 PM

Mike,

Perhaps someone might be interested in what the best time is for a given combination.

In all honestly, I do understand what you are both saying. But we have to realize that there are other mods that have just as much impact on 1/4 mile ET as power adders and built bottom ends.

Look at Billy G. Running 12-ohs with nothing but the stock Trilogy kit. Right? Well...not really. Those 4.56 gears and big stall help a lot. As does the exhaust work to some extent.

I guess all I am saying is that if we want to suggest subdividing by built bottem ends and the number of power adders, we need to also consider subdividing for other significant mods too.

Just my 2 cents.

maraudernkc
11-02-2005, 09:27 PM
Dave, the below listing looks right to me. It's interesting to compare your car say to Jerry's car. You are only about .60 tenths of a second slower on a bone stock motor with no 100 Shot of NOS.

Your car is dialed in!!!!!

Greg, have you filled in any of those blanks yet? You have a good idea going, fill in the blanks, then ask each owner to explain what they did to achieve it. I think the lastest information, timeslips, mods, etc should be used, what do you think? From info from the timeslip page, this appears to be the correct info, any corrections, speak up.
1.Cruztaker
2.MI2QWK4U
3.Zack
4.Jerry Barnes w/built forged engine MikesMerc w/stock engine

ncmm
11-07-2005, 01:07 PM
so. . .bear with me please

bone stock you can get 12's in the 1/4 mile
and being modified you could run 10's

right?

thanks!