PDA

View Full Version : Oil Pressure Guage Question...

03 Merc
09-05-2002, 04:57 AM
Anyone else notice that your oil pressure guage does not move or vary with engine RPM? Mine sits slightly to the right of the mark between 50 and 75 PSI constantly when the engine is running.

I know that on newer Ford Trucks and Mustangs the guage on the dash isn't "real" and that is basically a glorified idiot light. Set to 5 PSI by the way... Did we get the same thing done to us on the AutoMeter? If anyone has a wiring diagram for the Marauder take a look and see if there is one sender unit or two shown. There should be one for the dash idiot light as well as the wiring for the AutoMeter...

Thanks,

Wags
09-05-2002, 10:23 AM
I noticed the same with mine. Funny how even at idle it maintains so much pressure! yea, right! I would have to agree with you 03 Merc.

03 Merc
09-10-2002, 05:38 AM
TTT...

Logan or Dennis R.,

Do either of you have any info on the guage? I would like to make mine "real" if it is the "fake" I suspect....either that or my motor has a oil pressure problem :D

Thanks,

Logan
09-10-2002, 06:29 AM
Mine sits in the same place yours does, but does move around a bit... If it was an idiot gauge it would immediately pop to the same spot on turning the ignition on. Start your car and you'll say it takes a sec for the oil pressure to come up.

I think it's a real gauge, but haven't gone digging for the sensor...