PDA

View Full Version : Started on the Trilogy today.

mclemore102
11-02-2005, 04:27 PM
Well about 9am this morning i started on installing my Trilogy kit. So far it's not been to bad. I had a little trouble with the boost gauge. But the big headache was the egr fitting on the manifold :banghead: . I got the boost a pump on, boost gauge, and all of the engine disassembled. Saturday am going to start putting it back together.

jgc61sr2002
11-02-2005, 04:30 PM
Sounds like you had a good day. :D :up:

jdando
11-02-2005, 04:35 PM
Ahhhh, the EGR tube. This was a giant PITA for me. I probably had 4-5 hours total between; trying to wrench, calling for help, looking for new wrench, trip to auto parts store, another trip to another auto parts store, waiting for a friend to show up, borrowing a wrench and then finally getting the sucker off.

Tips and tricks. Go to the dealer or somewhere with a lift and get it broken loose prior to starting your install.

Enjoy the journey, it is worth it the first time you romp on it:burnout:
jeremy

Zack
11-02-2005, 04:44 PM
I do believe the egr is 1 1/16"
I have the wrench :)

Joe Walsh
11-02-2005, 04:47 PM
Well about 9am this morning i started on installing my Trilogy kit. So far it's not been to bad. I had a little trouble with the boost gauge. But the big headache was the egr fitting on the manifold :banghead: . I got the boost a pump on, boost gauge, and all of the engine disassembled. Saturday am going to start putting it back together.

Congratulations!, and good luck on completing your install.

When you are finished, you will have to change your 'User name' to "marauder440hp" :banana2:

mclemore102
11-02-2005, 04:53 PM
Thanks for the compliments. I got the old egr off but the fitting is still on it and it won't come off! I am just going to get another fitting no big deal.

Tallboy
11-02-2005, 04:55 PM
Thanks for the compliments. I got the old egr off but the fitting is still on it and it won't come off! I am just going to get another fitting no big deal.

The fitting in the manifold does not get removed.

You have my cell #, give me a shout and I can explain further...

mclemore102
11-02-2005, 05:02 PM
It's the fitting in the manifold.

AzMarauder
11-02-2005, 11:05 PM
Way to go dude....!

On mine we got the EGR fitting from under the car.... with an adjustable wrench.
Put the car up on a jackstand and reached in from under and driver's side.

Trust me... all the frustration won't matter when you actually have the car running. You won't even remember the bad times. (unless the boost-a-pump kicks you in the cajones!) :rolleyes:

AzMarauder
11-02-2005, 11:07 PM
It's the fitting in the manifold.
Take a look at the replacement EGR tube in the Trilogy Kit.
Check the fittings on both ends of it. Soon as you look at it... you will understand what needs to remain on the car and what should come off with the old one.

ckadiddle
11-03-2005, 07:37 AM
Some one ship him some new rear tires, quick..... he'll need them soon.

blackf0rk
11-03-2005, 08:30 AM
Uht oh! What are you going to do about your screen name now!? :)