PDA

View Full Version : Trim questions...

LiLWrink
11-05-2005, 07:05 AM
What trim will exchange with 1963 Mercury Marauder?

The pieces I am currently trying to get are the exterior pieces, both upper and lower. There are some pieces listed on EBay right now for other years and models...Mine are missing, are they the same for 1964-1965, montclair-parklane/galaxy?

What do the correct 1963 door sill plates look like? again, Mine are missing, are they the same for 1964-1965, montclair-parklane/galaxy?

what about the tail lights, rings and lenses? same story...

Detailed photos are few and far between-or I havent been looking in the right places.

I am relying on you guys expertise to keep from having money tied up in extra stuff, that could stall my buying ability at a time that something I need apears on EBay, or that I will have to resell at a later date.

As always, Thanks for helping!:D

torinodan
11-05-2005, 08:33 AM
What trim will exchange with 1963 Mercury Marauder?

The pieces I am currently trying to get are the exterior pieces, both upper and lower. There are some pieces listed on EBay right now for other years and models...Mine are missing, are they the same for 1964-1965, montclair-parklane/galaxy?

What do the correct 1963 door sill plates look like? again, Mine are missing, are they the same for 1964-1965, montclair-parklane/galaxy?

what about the tail lights, rings and lenses? same story...

Detailed photos are few and far between-or I havent been looking in the right places.

I am relying on you guys expertise to keep from having money tied up in extra stuff, that could stall my buying ability at a time that something I need apears on EBay, or that I will have to resell at a later date.

As always, Thanks for helping!:DThe 63 Mercury Monterey Breezway will be your best bet for parts. The same body style except for the roof line.
here's some parts now:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1963-mercury-monterey-2dr-hardtop-breezeway-62-64_W0QQitemZ4587097304QQcatego ryZ39405QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

LiLWrink
11-07-2005, 12:06 PM
Thanks!:beer:

stanchfi
11-11-2005, 06:40 PM
I belive the side trim pieces for a 64 should be the same. I doubt 65 pieces would work since it was a different body style.

I belive my 64 sill plates say "ford" on them.

The tail lights for 63 are unique, they are more oval on the 64's

I belive Dennis carpenter has reproduction lenses and sill plates

http://www.dennis-carpenter.com/

and you might want to try this site

http://www.classicautopartsgroup.com/mercury/hazel.exe

when searching ebay you might want to search for monterey, montclair, park lane, and marauder

also my site has some photo from the broshures that might help

http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~stanchfi/monterey.html

best of luck

-James

LiLWrink
11-13-2005, 09:15 AM
Thank you Sir!

kirk
11-14-2005, 06:29 PM
The '64 side pieces are not the same as the '63. All '63 full size Mercs used the the same outside stainless except for the "cheapie" Monterey that had no lower trim. In '64 Mercury went back to 3 model levels which all used different lower trim, none of which was the same as '63. However, the stainless running along the top of the fenders and doors is all the same in '63 and '64 except the front fenders. '63 and '64 front bumpers are different, but I believe the '63 front bumper is the same as the '62 Galaxie.

Hope that helps.

LiLWrink
11-15-2005, 07:05 AM
Kirk,

Can you tell me if the door sill plates are the same between year models?
I believe they are...

Thanks!

kirk
11-15-2005, 05:28 PM
In '62 Mercury used a "Mercury" sill plate. In "63 they went to a "Ford" sill plate. "63 and "64 Mercs used the same plate and I think it is the same as the "63-4 Ford plate.

LiLWrink
11-17-2005, 09:27 AM
Hmmmm...I wonder if the 62's would fit/interchange. I would like mine to be saying "Mercury" and to be differant from anyone else at the same time...

Just for conversation anyway, I am buying from a parts car, and they are on the way to me now, and I did not ask what they said...

I also thought about building some out of chromed diamond plate...