PDA

View Full Version : Photo Gallery Features

MM03MOK
11-05-2005, 11:19 AM
Just noticed a few features in the Gallery.

Calendar: if you click on the underscored date, it will show you all the photos that were uploaded that day.

Favorites: You can "Add to Favorites" any individual photo. You can then select "My Favorites" at the top of the page. You can also download your Favorites as a zip file from you Favorites page.

Also, when you upload a photo to an Events folder, for example, it also shows up under your name in Member Galleries too, so you don't need to move it into your Gallery. If you have a Meet and have a good number of photos to share, I'd be glad to create a Meet folder under Events so others can also place their photos there too. Just let me know. To shorten the list, I've moved the 2003 and 2004 events into a sub-folder.

You can create your own album and then create a slide show from that album. Click on My Albums at the top. Create a New Album. When all your photos are in that album, select the first picture and then select Slide Show, upper right. Follow the directions. It will show the pictures in order, but it gets a little tricky to make it start with the first photo if you're copying the URL to use in a post. You need to note the first photo's number and edit the slide show URL to change the picture number from the second picture to the first picture. If you get stuck, I'd be glad to help you out.

I don't know if Logan eventually plans to dump the Recovered Photos but it looks like only Administrators can move pictures. Tedious and time consuming since it's one pic at a time. If you really want your pics (filed by member number in that folder) just upload them again into your Gallery.

The Gallery is using 1.7 GB of space right now!! A reminder, the smaller the picture, the more space you'll have to upload. 640x480 is optimal.

CRUZTAKER
11-05-2005, 05:22 PM
I don't know if Logan eventually plans to dump the Recovered Photos but it looks like only Administrators can move pictures.
I have found otherwise.;)

Thanks for the info on some features I was unaware of before.