PDA

View Full Version : 6,000 mile blower oil service

HwyCruiser
11-05-2005, 07:31 PM
Well its been a heck of a run to 6k with the FIT ProCharger. :D

I'm hoping to get to the local track tomorrow with my Mustang buddies (weather permitting), so I performed my 6k blower oil service 100 miles shy of being due anyway.

I changed the 100 mile break-in oil the first time so it didn't take me but about 15 minutes this time around. A 5/8" socket to pull the drain plug, a standard screwdriver to pull the dip stick, a funnel and a catch pan for the old oil is all you need. The drain plug is easily accessible working over the front of the car and the blower in place.

I remembered that when I changed the break-in oil and poured the whole 6-oz bottle of the new oil in I overfilled it a little bit over the "max" mark on the dipstick, and it didn't look like it lost a drop over the past 6 months. This time I reserved about 1/2 - 3/4 oz of the bottle to get the level right on the "max" mark.

The magnet on the drain plug had a little bit of metal particles on it but the old oil in the catch pan was clean other than being "inky". It was still the consistency of baby oil. After I buttoned her up I took her out for a bit to heat up the blower and see if the drain plug in tight enough and so far no drips no errors.

The best part of the night was showing a Dodge 1500 Hemi and a 350Z see what the back end of a Marauder looks like off the line. It was 55 degrees out so I had to throttle the Nitto's enough as not to go up in smoke from a roll out to 25 mph, but even with moderate boost she's still wicked fast.

Anyone else hit their first 6k service interval yet? Don't forget!

TooManyFords
11-06-2005, 08:17 AM
6K is all? Heck, I'm on my 3rd 6K already! Now I gotta get a bigger motor! <grin!>

Cheers!

John

HwyCruiser
11-06-2005, 08:58 AM
6K is all? Heck, I'm on my 3rd 6K already! Now I gotta get a bigger motor! <grin!>

Cheers!

John

Wow, you put some miles on that bad boy. How many miles did the original motor have on it before it went? I'm just past 40,500 mi now.

I only have one bottle of the ATI blower oil left from the three pack that came with the kit. Greg, can you hook me up with another pack?

TooManyFords
11-06-2005, 04:19 PM
It had about 43000 when it went... Best 14000 miles of my life! I've finally got the funds together for the new engine and tranny so I'm working with Zack and Mac to get the project done.

I'll be needing more Blower Juice too, so let me know about how to get more also. I remember asking Greg about this too and I think he mentioned calling ProCharger for it. [it was not listed on their website]

Let me know how your car ran this weekend too!

Cheers!

John