PDA

View Full Version : New site changes 11-4-05

CRUZTAKER
11-06-2005, 06:52 AM
The new format is difficult to navigate.

Here is what I found.
(I know it's a work in progress Logan. So don't take my statements neccesarily as critisism.)

WITHOUT a link to forums home on the 'home' page, it's a pain to find a specific forum. There is no way to do so without launching to another page on this site. WORKS NOW
'Todays Posts', was very handy. And very gone. WORKS NOW
Smiley's do not work. Unless one knows the text code and types it in.

I cannot post replies. (Echo: Your reply is too short), No matter how long my reply is.

I can only start new threads.

The wysiwyg editor in the reply window does not work on my end. WORKS NOW

Used to be, if one closed all the useless windows on the home page, went to another forum, and then returned to the home page, the windows were the way you left them. Now they stay open all the time. It's like the cookie doesn't update. WORKS NOW

Logan
11-06-2005, 07:06 AM
Pretty much everything you're talking about, is being worked on. If anyone has problems, best thing to do is clear your cookies and browser cache and login again.

CRUZTAKER
11-06-2005, 07:12 AM
I figured as much.

Good luck with the next transition....

If you are reading this, I can reply now! ;)

BTW: The new default color scheme is really nice. But why is the text white? It would be cool to have ones text choice always stay the way they chose it.

I like this yellow, but I will always have to edit my post and change the text color before I submit it.

Gettin' greedy now....see what you started buying us new cloths.:baaa:

Logan
11-06-2005, 07:36 AM
Yeah, some of the colors will change a bit as it's a bit much with the yellow.

I also put your "Today's Posts" and direct Forums links back.. :)

Slowpoke
11-06-2005, 08:59 AM
barry - i changed my skin so mm.net looks like it did before [the color scheme]. YELLOW text is almost impossible to read.

HwyCruiser
11-06-2005, 09:01 AM
I can't read a damn thing Barry wrote with the Monochrome skin active. Maybe that's a good thing. :P

Petrograde
11-06-2005, 09:07 AM
barry - i changed my skin so mm.net looks like it did before [the color scheme]. YELLOW text is almost impossible to read.

So 'Poke,.. I imagine you can't read this!

CRUZTAKER
11-06-2005, 09:55 AM
I can't read a damn thing Barry wrote with the Monochrome skin active. Maybe that's a good thing. :P

Well that should please some others as now there are TWO ways to ignore me. :baaa:

I like the yellow in the new format.

That's ok, it won't last. By tomorrow Logan will have the site default to the old colors.

I'll be yellow today!

jgc61sr2002
11-06-2005, 10:00 AM

Rick - How did you do that?

Dan
11-06-2005, 12:28 PM
Rick - How did you do that?

If we now have selectable skins we could be asking for trouble unless the color sets were designed to all be font and graphics compatible with each other. I am sure that the yellow font is fine for folks w a dark background but I am using the light gray background and can't read anything in yellow text without copying it to a word doc and changing it to black.

Best,

Dan