PDA

View Full Version : Snow Panther

Hack Goby
11-08-2005, 12:59 PM
http://home.comcast.net/~hack_goby/DSCN1787.JPGOK got the Pirelli`s on today.Here are a few pics.Can you say "Clinton Twp. PD" http://home.comcast.net/~hack_goby/DSCN1786.JPG http://home.comcast.net/~hack_goby/DSCN1784.JPG http://home.comcast.net/~hack_goby/DSCN1785.JPG

RR|Suki
11-08-2005, 01:18 PM
Those are very nice. Sometimes makes me wish I could fit 16s... guess I'll make do with the stock wheels in the winter

bigslim
11-08-2005, 01:23 PM
Please Paul, don't curse us. I was hoping not to get snow until January. Now you need some hubcaps for those wheels.

Hack Goby
11-08-2005, 01:32 PM
Please Paul, don't curse us. I was hoping not to get snow until January. Now you need some hubcaps for those wheels.
I have the GM Hub caps but I like the black better.You can sure light`em up with those 16" rims also.Second is about a four foot patch.I hope they last through the winter.:burnout:

wchain
11-08-2005, 01:41 PM
Im glad I'm in Texas! I havea friend that usedto live in Clinton Township......

Is there a reason you went with 98-02 Wheels vs 03+?

Hack Goby
11-08-2005, 01:44 PM
Is there a reason you went with 98-02 Wheels vs 03+?
Ya they were free.

CBT
11-08-2005, 01:58 PM
Those are awsome looking. Can you tell us the tire sizes and cost?

MAD-3R
11-08-2005, 02:06 PM
Ya they were free.

Best reason in the world.

Guy: "Look what I got, Hun! Ani't it great!"
Gal: "What the hell are you going to use that thing for?"
Guy: "I don't know?"
Gal: "Then why did you get it?"
Guy: "It was free."
Gal: "and...?"
Guy: "... it was free...."

Mad4Macs
11-08-2005, 02:50 PM
I 2nd that motion. I'm headed into my 2nd winter with my MM, and the BFG's have been "underwhelming" snow performers.

metroplex
11-08-2005, 03:01 PM
It looks like a silver Crown Vic Police Interceptor.

cb13
11-08-2005, 03:14 PM

ditto that ^^^^^

also, is your traction control still cool with the new tires?

Warpath
11-08-2005, 04:01 PM
Best reason in the world.

Guy: "Look what I got, Hun! Ani't it great!"
Gal: "What the hell are you going to use that thing for?"
Guy: "I don't know?"
Gal: "Then why did you get it?"
Guy: "It was free."
Gal: "and...?"
Guy: "... it was free...."

Off subject - But, Montel Williams did a bit where he put a jar full of rocks on a sidewalk of a busy city with a sign which read "Free rocks. Take one." People did. I'm still dumbfounded. It was funny though.

CBT
11-08-2005, 04:35 PM
Off subject - But, Montel Williams did a bit where he put a jar full of rocks on a sidewalk of a busy city with a sign which read "Free rocks. Take one." People did. I'm still dumbfounded. It was funny though.Jeesh! Probably the same folks that jump on a bus AFTER the accident and claim injury.

Eric91Z
11-08-2005, 04:42 PM
http://home.comcast.net/~hack_goby/DSCN1787.JPGOK got the Pirelli`s on today.Here are a few pics.Can you say "Clinton Twp. PD" http://home.comcast.net/~hack_goby/DSCN1786.JPG http://home.comcast.net/~hack_goby/DSCN1784.JPG http://home.comcast.net/~hack_goby/DSCN1785.JPG

That doesn't look too bad. At least it is better than taking a chance of anything happening to the stock wheels in the winter. Did you re-use the stock lugnuts?

merc6
11-08-2005, 04:48 PM
how much does the steelies usualy cost if you can't get them "free"?

Eric91Z
11-08-2005, 05:05 PM
how much does the steelies usualy cost if you can't get them "free"?

Get a hold of "TheDealer" on here. He will get you hooked up with quick turn around and a good price!!!

CRUZTAKER
11-08-2005, 05:35 PM
Hack...loose the OEM lug nuts.

You are not truley snow tire on steelie committed until you move to acorn nuts.:P

Have fun smoking all wheel drive suv's this winter.:cool:
When I had my studded rears, nothing slowed up a launch in 12 inches of snow.

Can you say 'Rooster Tails'?:coolman:

Eric91Z
11-08-2005, 06:17 PM
Hack...loose the OEM lug nuts.

You are not truley snow tire on steelie committed until you move to acorn nuts.:P

Acorn nuts? Are those what the stock/CVPI wheels normally use? I wouldn't mind picking up a second set of lugnuts, too, to keep the current ones looking good with the wheels.

By the way, those of you that store your stock wheels/tires for the winter, how do you store them? Standing up, laying on the side, on their side stacked on top of each other? Just wondering the best way to keep from getting flat spots or other problems. Even thinking of sticking them in the basement so they don't sit in the garage.

STLR FN
11-08-2005, 06:22 PM
On my truck tires, I stack them on top of each other with cardboard on the ground then old towels in between and cover the top one with a towel. All this in my garage.
Acorn nuts? Are those what the stock/CVPI wheels normally use? I wouldn't mind picking up a second set of lugnuts, too, to keep the current ones looking good with the wheels.

By the way, those of you that store your stock wheels/tires for the winter, how do you store them? Standing up, laying on the side, on their side stacked on top of each other? Just wondering the best way to keep from getting flat spots or other problems. Even thinking of sticking them in the basement so they don't sit in the garage.

Eric91Z
11-08-2005, 06:30 PM
On my truck tires, I stack them on top of each other with cardboard on the ground then old towels in between and cover the top one with a towel. All this in my garage.

That is pretty much how I have my winter wheels/tires stored right now. Figured the cardboard would be a good barrier between the rubber. Still might get ultra anal and store them in the basement. I also want to give the wheels a thorough cleaning this winter. Wonder what the wife would say if she came home and they were in the tub getting a "bath"?

STLR FN
11-08-2005, 06:40 PM
snip... Wonder what the wife would say if she came home and they were in the tub getting a "bath"?

Use rose petal flavored soap and everything will be all right. :rolleyes:

2003DOHC
11-08-2005, 06:44 PM

I store my wheels and tires in my basement stacked on top of each other. Gives me more room in the garage.

CRUZTAKER
11-08-2005, 08:47 PM
On my truck tires, I stack them on top of each other with cardboard on the ground then old towels in between and cover the top one with a towel....

Mine as well. But in a shed.

Ryans PI
11-08-2005, 09:32 PM
Not bad. Needs center caps with trim rings.

bigslim
11-08-2005, 09:58 PM

I stack my PT wheels on their side on cardboard with cardboard between each wheel and tire.

Sully008
11-09-2005, 07:57 AM
Right now my wheels are stacked two up, the fronts on each other and the rears on each other. They're in my parents motorhome that's been stored for the winter. The cardboard between the wheels is a good idea though.

Hack Goby
11-09-2005, 08:33 AM
Discount Tire put mine in plastic bags so I will leave them that way.There not clean but theres only a little dust on them so they will stay thay way until spring.

merc6
11-09-2005, 08:40 AM
Get a hold of "TheDealer" on here. He will get you hooked up with quick turn around and a good price!!! Will do! For the time being I'm gonna stick with the FWD in the snow till I can aquire winter tyres and rims. Other question was anyone using chains for the time being?

Marauder2005
11-09-2005, 08:40 AM
It looks like a silver Crown Vic Police Interceptor.

Only thing is, it has the tesicular fortitiude the Crown Vics lacked...

Warpath
11-09-2005, 10:38 AM
The tires will flat spot, but not permanently. After some miles, they'll be round again. Bias plys will permanently flat spot. But, radials do not. Store them upright and you'll be fine.

jgc61sr2002
11-09-2005, 05:47 PM
Discount Tire put mine in plastic bags so I will leave them that way.There not clean but theres only a little dust on them so they will stay thay way until spring.

I would recommend cleaning and waxing the rims before putting them in storage. Just MO.