PDA

View Full Version : Carolina Marauders Meeting #28 - November 12, 2005

Agent M79
11-08-2005, 03:13 PM
Date/Time:
Saturday November, 2005 - 12:00PM

<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com /><st1:City w:st=<st1:place w:st=" /><st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on"></st1:place></st1:State>Bob Evans
7791 Gateway Lane
Concord, NC 28027
(704) 979-8080

See the map HERE (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=7791+GATEWAY,+28027&iwloc=A&hl=en)

Heads up! This is not Quaker Steak & Lube or Texas Roadhouse. It is Bob Evans and is next door to Texas Roadhouse where we met last month.

See yas!

Marauderman
11-08-2005, 05:40 PM
Well, Like I've been saying-if DR's part arrives in time--and we get all of it together--and tuned to the fullest--then we'll be there-

-lets just say we were knocking on the # 5 door 2 weeks ago and we were only looking for belt slippage--.....

If it arrives late say Fri --hopefully we will get things done in time--.........sure hope not having to spend Sat morn doing it before we meet---

will keep ya'll posted--stay tuned---oh thats sounds sweet!! couldn't help it!!:lol:

Agent M79
11-12-2005, 05:33 PM
This was a pretty good meet and fairly big for us too.

I have razzed Mrs. Agent pretty good for picking the place and then not making an appearance.

Especially cool is that we have all 4 colors for now for a little while anyway.

I am learning a lot about Marauders and learning a lot about what can be done to them. I can feel some serious expenditures coming on.

FordNut
11-12-2005, 06:08 PM
This was a pretty good meet and fairly big for us too.

I have razzed Mrs. Agent pretty good for picking the place and then not making an appearance.

Especially cool is that we have all 4 colors for now for a little while anyway.

I am learning a lot about Marauders and learning a lot about what can be done to them. I can feel some serious expenditures coming on.
That was a great get-together. Great taking turns in each other's rides after eating. I did notice a couple of n/a guys specifically declined offers to drive the s/c offerings. I guess they know that horsepower is addictive!

Good to see y'all again!

Oh, I made it to my destination (just past Raleigh) in 2 hr 15 min. Not bad, huh?

SC Cheesehead
11-12-2005, 07:41 PM
Good time today, eh? Enjoyed seeing everyone.

Agent, can I choose the meeting place for next month if I promise not to show up? (HA!)

Maruaderman, good to see #7 back out on the street.

FordNut, enjoyed meeting you.

Frdwrnch, thanks again for the tip. I miss the DTR, but I'm lovin' the blue '03!

Thanks to everyone for "voting." Highest vote-getter was MARAUDR followed by BLUDEVL. Will submit the paperwork to the SCDMV and see what we end up with.

Here's a picture of the 4 colors.

Marauderman
11-12-2005, 07:59 PM
That was a great get-together. Great taking turns in each other's rides after eating. I did notice a couple of n/a guys specifically declined offers to drive the s/c offerings. I guess they know that horsepower is addictive!

Good to see y'all again!

Oh, I made it to my destination (just past Raleigh) in 2 hr 15 min. Not bad, huh?
Glad to see ya again Brian--and yes, it was fun hammering down on the S/C'ers--......and somehow--we gotta get those N/A guys in the power seats....:lol:
....and finally....your arrival time.... .well.....what can one say-your driving a Marauder ,and a S/C'ed one to boot ...but to make a 3 hour drive in 2hr and 15 min..well...thats what a S/C MM will do folks.......what more can we say.........YAHOO!!:banana: --way to go Brian--and your car rocks too!! :banana: Tom

Marauderman
11-12-2005, 08:04 PM

Agent, can I choose the meeting place for next month if I promise not to show up? (HA!)

Frdwrnch, thanks again for the tip. I miss the DTR, but I'm lovin' the blue '03!

Thanks to everyone for "voting." Highest vote-getter was MARAUDR followed by BLUDEVL. Will submit the paperwork to the SCDMV and see what we end up with.

Well--I say the " BLUDEVIL" IS THE BEST- Kinda makes anyone reading it a bit leary of thinking about it......kinda like a tag that says "DONTEVIN" wouldn't ya say-:lol: really DEVILISH don't ya think?

FordNut
11-12-2005, 10:30 PM

Seriously, we need to get with the insurance companies on you old ride for a buyback... Next time you speak with them ask about it.

Agent M79
11-13-2005, 05:47 AM
Seriously, we need to get with the insurance companies on you old ride for a buyback... Next time you speak with them ask about it.

I'd like to hear the price and discuss it. There are some things there I would like to have too.

The fact that there is an entire drive train there is appealing. 3 of the rims are good. Newish rear tires. Entire interior. Endless odds and ends.

Very enticing.

Marauderman
11-13-2005, 12:20 PM
OK --Cheesehead---You have an assignement!!

Find out from the insurance co..jhow much they will sell it back to some of us owners--maybe we could several of us together to put up the $$ --then we could have it for ourselves---

SERIOUSLY--WE MEAN IT--NO JOKE!

Agent M79
11-13-2005, 12:35 PM
I would sure like to hear from someone who has parted out a salvage before.

I don't know how many folks are interested but I might be in for some specific parts which probably would not amount to a great dollar amount.

The immediate questions I have is:

An individual is going to own the wreck. Who?
Someone has to value the parts. Who? Likely the owner, but how do you value those parts? Who wants the hassle?
Even presuming all useful parts are sold, does that cover the expense of buying the wreck back or is the owner dependant on selling the hulk to a scrap yard to cover that?
In the best of circumstances, [gasp!] money might get made! I've seen how some view profit here (specifically when it isn't theirs) and the response is poor. I personally don't care and would prefer that as the outcome anyone.

There is more, but that's good just for starters.

In addition to talking to the insurance company, you may want to speak to salvage yard that would buy it to allow us a 'first dibs' club day and that would eliminate the need for anyone to buy it and value the parts.

FordNut
11-13-2005, 04:51 PM
I've bought back a couple of times when my insurance company was totalling the car I was driving when hit by uninsured drivers. I believe it's about 25% of replacement value which should be around 5k. Saves them the trouble of reselling it. Yes, money could be made by parting it out but somebody has to put up the cash and invest the time to disassemble, advertise, package, and ship the parts. I'd do that and even give Rex a cut for being the broker. Sometimes a car stays in a lot so long the storage fees get to be higher than the car is worth, so time is of the essence.

frdwrnch
11-14-2005, 05:00 AM
Thanks for the rides guys! What a Blast! I appreciate y'all giving me a little seat time in two of the baddest MM's around. Amazing what a little applied engineering and positive manifold pressure can do for these cars! One of these days....

Marauderman
11-14-2005, 06:06 AM
Your welcome--Glad you had some whoompa fun!!!--See ya on Thursday!! Tom