PDA

View Full Version : New gallery issues...

CRUZTAKER
11-09-2005, 09:50 AM
First off...I like it!!!

Once I learned how to create sub folders and catergorys, then navigate around and find editing tools...it's totally cool.

The only issue I have is the bulk upload feature by catergory.

Logan, you spoiled us in the other gallery with massive bulk upload capabilities. This gallery only allows 3 images at a time.

Are you able to adjust this?
If so...
Would you?;)

Please.

Eric91Z
11-09-2005, 09:54 AM
Glad you started the thread and not me...

But I was going to start a Gallery thread. I had a question about the new gallery and picture formatting. In the old gallery, when you would click on a picture thumbnail from a gallery, it would take you to a reformatted size of the picture with the option to click on the picture again for a larger view if available. Wondering if this will be re-implemented in the new gallery or if it will just open to the size that was uploaded?

No hurry and I am sure you still have plenty to do along with your regular daily stuff. And thanks for the updates.

CRUZTAKER
11-09-2005, 10:09 AM
.....it would take you to a reformatted size of the picture with the option to click on the picture again for a larger view if available...

I think the key words here are "if available".

I was always under the impression that if the original file was large (whatever the preset limit was), it would give the option you descibe.
If the picture was within those prescribed limits, it only offered ONE size to view.

:dunno:

Mary....?

Eric91Z
11-09-2005, 11:16 AM
I think the key words here are "if available".

I was always under the impression that if the original file was large (whatever the preset limit was), it would give the option you descibe.
If the picture was within those prescribed limits, it only offered ONE size to view.

:dunno:

Mary....?

The reason I brought it up was because I downloaded pictures from the old gallery and uploaded to the new one and they are showing in the larger size, where as in the old gallery if you clicked on a thumbnail from the picture listing (like Page 1, 2, 3, etc), it would take you to a slightly larger view of the picture. Then there you could click on the picture itself, again, and get the large view.

Now, if you click on one of the page thumbnails, it goes straight to the big picture.

Also, it looks like now only registered and logged in users can view the big pictures. Guests can view the smaller ones, but if they click on one to view a larger image, it prompts for a login. Will this be staying this way? Just curious.

MM03MOK
11-09-2005, 11:29 AM
It seems only the original size of the photo is there. Knowing if the automatically smaller version is also available, is a Logan question.

I changed the last Gallery to allow 10 uploads :o. Made it more convenient. I just increased the current Gallery to 10. :D

Remember, the bigger the picture, the more you use of your defined Gallery space.

CRUZTAKER
11-09-2005, 12:09 PM
Thanks Mary.

And if indeed unregistered users are unable to view large pics.
Good!;)

Eric91Z
11-09-2005, 01:05 PM
Thanks Mary.

And if indeed unregistered users are unable to view large pics.
Good!;)

I guess my wife will have to register now so she can see ones I post... ;)

MM03MOK
01-11-2006, 06:39 AM
A reminder when uploading your pictures: please select Member's Galleries and not Main Category. This way all your pictures will be together and easier to find. I've moved all that have ended up in Main Category, except the videos djv5150 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/member.php?u=1535) posted.

TNX

Hotrauder
01-11-2006, 07:46 AM
Thanks Mary, Can you tell me how to delete photos or lack of photos that ended up in my gallery by my mistake. Thanks Again Huggy Bunny. Dennis:D
PS Don't ask me how the black hole and Trilogy #78 coil covers got from my pics to the gallery cause "ALL IS A MYSTERY." If possible I know even less about my puter than my car. :beer:

MM03MOK
01-11-2006, 08:01 AM
Black hole is gone. Tell me who Trilogy #79 is and I'll move the pic into that folder.

Hotrauder
01-11-2006, 08:35 AM
Black hole is gone. Tell me who Trilogy #79 is and I'll move the pic into that folder.

Mary, Trilogy #79 is Rick- in -Miami. I had to look it up. Had forgotten where I stole it. I remember a Chet Atkins piece on a Clint Black Album where Chet advises Clint, "if you are going to steal something, forget where you got it." They were discussing guitar licks and the fact that they all steal from each other. We don't steal here we just share and borrow and forget where we got it!:D . thanks for the "QUICK AS A BUNNY" reaction. Dennis

MM03MOK
01-11-2006, 09:03 AM
It doesn't appear I can change the "owner" of the picture, so I can delete it if you like.

SID210SA
01-11-2006, 09:40 AM
Mary, ( Bunny ) is it? While we are on the subject...how do I put a pic from my gallery to my sig. Its says to list the url but I aint 'puter savy and am not sure what that is...also when I posted a pic under " Finally did the S55..." it came out bigger than life and not just a thumbnail...how do you do thumbnails?

Thanks, Mike:coolman: