PDA

View Full Version : Noob

VNMUS
11-09-2005, 10:17 PM
Just bought my first Marauder and live in the Twin Cities. Thought I'd check you guys out. Where does the club meet and how often? Wouldn't mind meeting some of you folks. Just sold my 03 Cobra a few weeks ago but feel like I've moved up :rolleyes:

Bruce

Rider90
11-09-2005, 10:19 PM
Welcome Bruce
http://faens.net/albums/album32/Finding_Nemo_Bruce_closeup.thu mb.jpg

DEFYANT
11-09-2005, 10:27 PM
Welcome.

With a couple of mods, you'll be running faster than that ole Cobra!

jdando
11-10-2005, 01:33 AM
Welcome Bruce!

We have a few MM here in the Twin Cities. We typically get together over at Porky's in St Paul. Some of the guys store their cars for the winter so it might be a while for the next gathering :(

I am on the west side of town (Plymouth), pm or email if you want to get together.

jeremy

Haggis
11-10-2005, 04:26 AM
Just bought my first Marauder and live in the Twin Cities. Thought I'd check you guys out. Where does the club meet and how often? Wouldn't mind meeting some of you folks. Just sold my 03 Cobra a few weeks ago but feel like I've moved up :rolleyes:

Bruce
Welcome to the Collective, resistance to moding is futile. You will be assimilated.

RoyLPita
11-10-2005, 04:55 AM
Welcome aboard. Enjoy the site and your new ride.

LordVader
11-10-2005, 12:50 PM
:cool: Welcome aboard "Bruddah"!! You are now playing with the "Big Boys"...figuratively. Enjoy the ride and the smile.

ckadiddle
11-10-2005, 03:21 PM
Welcome.

These Bad Men will make you buy Bad Things for your Bad Car. Don't say I didn't warn you.

jgc61sr2002
11-10-2005, 03:54 PM
Bruce - Welcome to the MM site. :welcome: You came to the right place. There is a wealth of knowledge on this site.:D
Enjoy your new ride.

MNMarauder
11-10-2005, 05:02 PM
Hey I drive the silver birch mercury marauder from Saint Paul. You can usually find me cruising up 35 E or W to anoka county where I work as a cop.

VNMUS
11-10-2005, 05:55 PM
Ok, so a bit about me. I'll try address each of your comments if I can...

Rider, love the Shark Tale connection, but Shrek is more my style. It will become obvious later.

Defyant, you bet! That's my intention. Let the modding begin. What sort of SC can I get without having to mod the hood, Eaton? Kenny Bell? Want to keep the sleeper look.

Jdando, stored the Cobra every winter and never got to put many miles on it and as I'm a biker too I have to share miles with 2 cycles. I'll be looking for ideas for smaller rims and snow tires shortly.

Haggis, hmmmm? Questions, questions, questions. Interesting handle, especially to me. You see, I'm Scottish. Been here about 10 years. Want to ellaborate...?

Roylpita, love the ride and you guys and gals all seem pretty cool. Love to meet sometime.

LordVader, thanks man. Love big cars. Owned a few in my time, here and overseas. Nothing feels better than surprising rice in a tank!

Ckadiddle, the checkbook is open. I'm just waiting for recommendations!

jgc61sr2002, sure sounds like it. I have a lot of reading to catch up on.

MNMarauder, don't get up to the North end of town much as I live South of the river, but I may be in North Branch on Saturday. Saw a Silver Birch in Lakeville on my way to work this morning. Guess it wasn't you, lol.

Whew, now what else do you all want to know? The Marauder is Black and an 03 with the CD Changer option. I'm an IT guy and travel the globe (way too much). I love my car and I love my cycles. MM.net's new resident foreigner! Oh, and the VNMUS was the plate on my Cobra and the board name I used with my Cobra Club.

Bruce

Rider90
11-10-2005, 07:14 PM
Rider, love the Shark Tale connection, but Shrek is more my style. It will become obvious later.

Bruce
It was Finding Nemo, but thanks for taking the time to reply :D

VNMUS
11-10-2005, 08:02 PM
It was Finding Nemo, but thanks for taking the time to reply :D

Of course. Don't watch many kids movies these days. What you riding?

Rider90
11-10-2005, 09:49 PM
PM Sent. I don't want to grab your thread...

Hotrauder
11-10-2005, 09:58 PM
Ckadiddle, the checkbook is open. I'm just waiting for recommendations!QUOTE

Welcome, We are lucky to have so many choices. the search tab will lead you to a discussion of them all and rapidly empty your checking account. You will enjoy the ride! Dennis:beer:

GarageMahal
11-11-2005, 01:22 AM
Welcome!

My office is in Eden Prairie but I too have been travelling a bunch lately. Maybe I can meet up with you down south sometime.

Snow tires are a must if you want to drive the MM all year. Do a search, lots of good info on them.

jta

VNMUS
11-11-2005, 03:50 PM
Welcome!

My office is in Eden Prairie but I too have been travelling a bunch lately. Maybe I can meet up with you down south sometime.

Snow tires are a must if you want to drive the MM all year. Do a search, lots of good info on them.

jta

PM me sometime and we'll hook up for a beer or something. Looking forward to seeing more MM's in MN.

I Tried
11-14-2005, 11:30 AM
Welcome. If you need help on the install of your power adder of choice give me a call. Im for hire. I live just out 212 from you guys. Also if you want to go turbo rather than blower let me know. I just ordered a turbo kit 4 my lightining and the place makes em for the marauder maby we can get a deal if we buy 2.

VNMUS
11-17-2005, 01:11 PM
Hmmm. I may take you up on that. Do you go the the SVTOA-TC meetings?

Dragcity
11-17-2005, 01:46 PM
Nice to have you along. Slap some Cobra badges on it and keep the plates...

I Tried
11-18-2005, 11:33 AM
Hmmm. I may take you up on that. Do you go the the SVTOA-TC meetings?

No I have not, Im not a member.

VNMUS
11-18-2005, 11:59 AM
Meeting this Saturday in Apple Valley. Taking the Marauder along. About time something with class showed up :D

jdando
11-18-2005, 12:37 PM
I may show up. Is it family friendly as I may bring my six year old son? jeremy

VNMUS
11-18-2005, 06:03 PM
Yes, it's a family friendly club. Sometimes have kids at the meetings, often bring my own to non race events. Look forward to seeing you there.

Kelsey
11-21-2005, 05:22 PM
yo i'm also south of the river out in eagan/inver grove heights. marauder is stored for the winter though. wont come out till the salt and gravel is off the road
welcome to MM.net