PDA

View Full Version : Supercharger

mensrea
09-06-2002, 06:38 PM
Any word on when Kenny Brown or Roush will come out with a supercharged performance package????

I know this car has great potential!

mensrea
09-07-2002, 07:29 AM
So has anyone called Roush or Kenny Brown? Someone has to be devloping a supercharger kit...

Logan
09-07-2002, 07:34 AM
Well, my first thought would be that the 03 Cobra Eaton would bolt right up...

Another thought would be to get an 01 Cobra upper intake plenum and replace the Marauders... That would open up all the existing 01 cobra kits to be used no?

mensrea
09-07-2002, 07:54 AM
From what I have gleamed, here is the low down.

The Eaton won't work, unless there are major mods under the hood, and I mean MAJOR, the intake off the Cobra 01 might work, but I have been told that it is not a simple swap... I am looking into it. Even with the swap there would have to be a battery repositioning, etc.

But if anyone can do it Kenny Brown can!

Kenny Brown's Panther conversion based on a standard crown vic gets 0-60 5.2 secs and 1/4 mile of 13.8.

He gets 7.5 pounds of boost from an Eaton. Horsepower is 350 horse and 400 lbs of torque.

Here's a link to MotorWeek's review of this car...

You should really check it out

Panther (http://www.kennybrown.com/lowresp2vid.htm)

I guess you can always pull the motor and stroke it out!!!.

Should be good for over 400 squared. Doesn't that sound like FUN?

I guess the bottom line is anything is possible, but at what cost?

Dennis Reinhart
09-07-2002, 10:03 AM
All you have to do is bring me your car I will install it at cost and market a kit

Logan
09-07-2002, 12:11 PM
I really wish someone would take you up on that offer so you can drop me a pre-fabbed kit in the mail. :)

JerseyVics
09-07-2002, 12:24 PM
Roush is obviously working on an Eaton supercharger for both SOHC and DOHC Vics at the moment, there are pictures on the internet to prove both, but I have a somewhat stupid question on the difference between the roots type blower and the centrifigural blower....

I've been staying in contact with Kenny Brown forever promoting their stuff on my site and whatnot and from the promotianal material they send me, the new P2 is 350hp and runs the 1/4 like someone mentioned here in mid 13's.... There's a fella on the Vic boards, Police Officer Jeff with a 1998 PI that dropped a GT engine in his Vic with a Vortech supercharger on it making around 330hp but running the 1/4 mile in low 13's... whats people's reasoning for that?

thanks,
--Russ

PS. here's a useful site about superchargers: http://www.superchargersonline.com/superchargers.asp I'd think the Kenne Bell screw type supercharger currently experimented with on the Lightnings would be the MOST powerful bolt on solution.:)

mensrea
09-07-2002, 12:26 PM
Can anyone explain the difference between a positive displacement Eaton supercharger and the Voretch, besides the Vortech not having the cool whine the Eaton does? It's my understanding that the Vortech can't equal the Eaton's low end torque, is this correct? Would changes the vanes in the Vortech help?

mensrea
09-07-2002, 02:28 PM
What's the link for the Roush site... I can't find the Marauder on it. Jersey, what does Kenny Brown say about a mod package for the Marauder? Have you driven a Panther?

JerseyVics
09-07-2002, 11:53 PM
Eaton has a whine when you get on it, wide open throttle really lets you hear it... I mean its kinda like the Lightning whine.

Vortech whistles... or at least thats what I always hear when I see cars with Vortech superchargers.

I had a good picture of the Roush kit (EATON) on a SOHC Crown Vic Sport Engine but I can't find it...

This pic is of the Roush kit on the DOHC Marauder from the 2002 Woodward Dream Cruise:

http://www.4adrive.com/jerseyvics/pantherclub/dreamcruise2002/marauder-2.jpg

If you would like to find out more on the status of Roush Supercharged Panther Platform cars development give them a call: 800-59-ROUSH and talk to Eric, I dunno if he can tell you much, but hey... worth a try!

I haven't driven a Kenny Brown Panther, have no desire to do so really... can't afford it anyway, but I can imagine its somewhat like the Lightning, and I made a mistake of test driving one of those after my friend bought a nice 2002 True Blue in the beginning of this year, really made a good impression on me, but at the same time made me refuse all the future test drive offers especialy from the owners of Blown Lightnings, lol.

With a little bit of enthusiasm and considerable amount of cash, Supercharging a Marauder would be an awesome thing any Enthusiast can do, the question is are you up for it?

good luck if you are!

--Russ:)

mensrea
09-08-2002, 02:14 PM
Yes, anything is possible, but at what price. I kinda want a 400 horse marauder.... that would be most enjoyable.

I wonder what suspension mods are going to be out there as well.

JerseyVics
09-08-2002, 02:49 PM
get in touch with Kenny Brown.

they're working on the Marauder supercharger (most likely getting another Allen kit to use with their own set up) but they already have some suspension pieces available. I mean suspension wise the Marauder is not super duper different from a Vic, especialy with pieces like frame braces or whatnot, it should fit just fine.

www.kennybrown.com

--Russ:)

Larry Vogel
09-08-2002, 06:19 PM
Cheapest and simpilest way to get HP--NOS. Their ain't no more room for more crap under that hood.:eek:

Logan
09-09-2002, 06:10 AM
More room under marauders hood than a cobra... :)

lasergtvert
09-09-2002, 08:29 PM
click on the below link to see more photos of marauders at woodward.

http://www.palmrose.com/web/pages/2002Woodward-107.htm