PDA

View Full Version : New Personal Bests x 2

HwyCruiser
11-20-2005, 03:09 PM
The results of my trip out to KCIR today to test out the new 380 blower pulley:
12.226 sec @ 111.73 mph with a 1.821 sec 60 ft.
Link to HwyCruiser's timeslip (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/1/5/9/4/hwycruiserslip.JPG)

I can't believe I beat my previous best, both ET and 60 ft, with a bigger pulley! The additional cool air really treated the Procharger setup well. I was seeing about 8-1/2 - 9 psi of boost at the top of 2nd gear. I got so close to my goal of a 1.7xxx 60 footer I was salivating. I came close, but my launches got progressively worse as the day when on... I was probably trying too hard and the track prep was starting wear.

Buckwheat also came out all the way from St. Louis to try out his new Sutton tune. Not to be denied, his Marauder laid down a new best time of:
12.356 sec @ 111.88 mph with a 1.848 sec 60 ft.
Link to Buckwheat's timeslip (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/1/5/9/4/buckwheatslip.JPG)

The weather was a very cool 45 degrees and overcast. We got there early and there was only about a dozen cars there so pretty much had the track to ourselves. What a blast!

Some pics of the beasts at the track:

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/1/5/9/4/KCIR003.jpg

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/1/5/9/4/KCIR008.jpg

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/1/5/9/4/KCIR010.jpg

During a breakdown on the track the announcer came down out of the tower and visited a bit. He really digs Marauders and seemed very impressed with our performance out there today. There was a steady stream of people taking pics and chatting about these beasts. On our way out the announcer was still going on and on about the dueling Marauders, lol.

John, it was great seeing you and your son out on the last racing day of the season. Your new tune definitely kicked butt! :beer:

DEFYANT
11-20-2005, 03:22 PM
Nice runs indeed!

fix ur sig. :D

merc
11-20-2005, 03:33 PM
Stop, you are killing me:banana2: Glad you are having fun with your investment.

Smokie
11-20-2005, 03:37 PM
Congratulations, personal bests are truly exciting to achieve and you leave the track feeling on top of the world....:beer: :D I hope one day I have the opportunity to see what my car can do in cold weather.

Hotrauder
11-20-2005, 03:39 PM
Great job guys. Perfect Day, Huh? Envy from here! Dennis:beer:

maraudernkc
11-20-2005, 04:07 PM
JD, Very nice run today and with a very safe boost level. The cool weather is great on the motor but sucks for tire hook up.

Buckwheat, Great run.

Two cars, two diffrent blowers but two very close time slips.

You gotta love it!:burnout:

The results of my trip out to KCIR today to test out the new 380 blower pulley:
12.226 sec @ 111.73 mph with a 1.821 sec 60 ft.
Link to HwyCruiser's timeslip (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/1/5/9/4/hwycruiserslip.JPG)

I can't believe I beat my previous best, both ET and 60 ft, with a bigger pulley! The additional cool air really treated the Procharger setup well. I was seeing about 8-1/2 - 9 psi of boost at the top of 2nd gear. I got so close to my goal of a 1.7xxx 60 footer I was salivating. I came close, but my launches got progressively worse as the day when on... I was probably trying too hard and the track prep was starting wear.

Buckwheat also came out all the way from St. Louis to try out his new Sutton tune. Not to be denied, his Marauder laid down a new best time of:
12.356 sec @ 111.88 mph with a 1.848 sec ft.
Link to Buckwheat's timeslip (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/1/5/9/4/buckwheatslip.JPG)

The weather was a very cool 45 degrees and overcast. We got there early and there was only about a dozen cars there so pretty much had the track to ourselves. What a blast!

Some pics of the beasts at the track:

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/1/5/9/4/KCIR003.jpg

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/1/5/9/4/KCIR008.jpg

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/1/5/9/4/KCIR010.jpg

During a breakdown on the track the announcer came down out of the tower and visited a bit. He really digs Marauders and seemed very impressed with out performance out there today. There was a steady stream of people taking pics and chatting about these beasts. On our way out the announcer was still going on and on about the dueling Marauders, lol.

John, it was great seeing you and your son out on the last racing day of the season. Your new tune definitely kicked butt! :beer:

HwyCruiser
11-20-2005, 05:02 PM
JD, Very nice run today and with a very safe boost level. The cool weather is great on the motor but sucks for tire hook up.

Buckwheat, Great run.

Two cars, two diffrent blowers but two very close time slips.

You gotta love it!:burnout:

Greg, I wouldn't want to bracket race in this kind of weather. Who got to the finish line was totally dependent on who hooked up halfway decently. There were a couple of launches that had serious some pucker factor in them. It's pretty nice to take home a new personal best timeslip though. :D

MarauderMark
11-20-2005, 05:41 PM
Absolutely nice numbers .all these marauders running low 12's high 11's .Sounds great dont it.:up:

DEFYANT
11-20-2005, 05:53 PM
Absolutely nice numbers .all these marauders running low 12's high 11's .Sounds great dont it.:up:

Yes. Especially when people think it is a waste of time when we pull up to the line. Then surprise!

MarauderTJA
11-20-2005, 07:05 PM
CONGRATS JD:beer: Man what I would give for such a coooool day. Wow 45 degrees! Traction or not, you were making some serious HP:D with the 3.80 pulley. Buckwheat great ET too my man... :banana2: JD, no doubt if the traction was better you would have made that 1.7 60 foot time. You'll get there soon enough.The time slip chart is going crazy lately. Nice to see the F.I.T. cars making it competitive. Was 81 today here in Florida. Too warm for HP. I hope we can get some of your cold air down here this winter. You guys have got me siked :bows: out.

Tom, Cape Coral, Florida

BUCKWHEAT
11-20-2005, 07:26 PM
JD, a big thankyou for the post on KCIR. The day was a blast, the track was fun, the poeple were great. That's what the Marauders are all about. It helped that the track announcer never stopped the yak about those big black Marauders. Great show in KC. Your car is awesome. Good thing I brought my son to drive. He got the best hook and times on my car. Thanks to Sutton Ford for a no-excuses tune. The Trilogy ran great & it was a pleasure to run every run with you. We must do it again next year. (my son says I need to buy new drag tires...Logan ratted them to death).

ncmm
11-20-2005, 07:43 PM
nice runs, maybe I could show up someday and watch

snowbird
11-20-2005, 07:51 PM
Congrats on both for those great times!

JD, I'm amazed on your time with the bigger pulley. It looks like i'have got a lot to learn! Never thought it would go that high with a 3.8. But they say that there is a rule of tumb: + 1% HP with every 10 lower degree F. Might explain some of it. Personnally, since it's colder since i made the change, i don't see any seat of the pants less HP.

It shure looks like your LSD have some life left. Nice end of a season !:)

tmac1337
11-20-2005, 08:36 PM
Great Run JD!

And I can't believe you did it with a 3.80 pulley! Actually I can. Too bad you didn't have the 370 on there, probably would have got you down in the 11's easy.

These kits Kick Ass!

GO PROCHARGER GO!

HwyCruiser
11-20-2005, 08:41 PM
Great Run JD!

And I can't believe you did it with a 3.80 pulley! Actually I can. Too bad you didn't have the 370 on there, probably would have got you down in the 11's easy.

These kits Kick Ass!

GO PROCHARGER GO!

I was waiting for that one, lol!!! :tmi:

HwyCruiser
11-20-2005, 09:37 PM
Congrats on both for those great times!

JD, I'm amazed on your time with the bigger pulley. It looks like i'have got a lot to learn! Never thought it would go that high with a 3.8. But they say that there is a rule of tumb: + 1% HP with every 10 lower degree F. Might explain some of it. Personnally, since it's colder since i made the change, i don't see any seat of the pants less HP.

It shure looks like your LSD have some life left. Nice end of a season !:)

Yvon, at the beginning of last week I had very little intention of going to the track this weekend so I set up my appt with FIT Mike to put the 380 pulley on Friday night for the winter season. When Buckwheat PM'ed me yesterday that he was coming down I figured what the heck, at least I can do a little work on my 60 footers.

When I got my first 12.2xx slip today I almost fell over. The car ran as strong as it ever has but I was sure the reduced boost was going to cost me a couple of 10ths in ET. If I had tools and the 370 pulley on me at the track you better believe I would have done a quick swap because there has been ZERO done to the tune since I ran it in Detroit.

I can't wait to see what Tom does when he starts seeing cooler weather down in Florida. With his ability to rip off the 1.7xx 60 footers the results are going to be huge!

Go Tom Go! :cheer:

MarauderTJA
11-21-2005, 07:39 AM
Yvon, at the beginning of last week I had very little intention of going to the track this weekend so I set up my appt with FIT Mike to put the 380 pulley on Friday night for the winter season. When Buckwheat PM'ed me yesterday that he was coming down I figured what the heck, at least I can do a little work on my 60 footers.

When I got my first 12.2xx slip today I almost fell over. The car ran as strong as it ever has but I was sure the reduced boost was going to cost me a couple of 10ths in ET. If I had tools and the 370 pulley on me at the track you better believe I would have done a quick swap because there has been ZERO done to the tune since I ran it in Detroit.

I can't wait to see what Tom does when he starts seeing cooler weather down in Florida. With his ability to rip off the 1.7xx 60 footers the results are going to be huge!

Go Tom Go! :cheer:

JD, you can bet your aZZ that when a cold front tumbles down here, I will be on my way to the track forthwith. ;)

Zack
11-21-2005, 02:13 PM
Badgeless grills, less wind resistance!

MikesMerc
11-21-2005, 07:53 PM
Nice runs guys:beer: