PDA

View Full Version : MM.Net is being updated - Part II

MM03MOK
11-21-2005, 03:34 PM
Arcade...Classifieds...Garage. ..Reviews...Timeslips

Just a reminder to all that the above features we've come to know and love are not available until some additional code is rewritten to make them compatible with the upgraded website.

Please be patient! :type:

It's in Logan's hands and when he can tear himself away from his new Ride, he'll be addressing everything that needs to be put back. If I've missed anything else, just add it to the list.

Thank you!!
MM.Net Administration

Eric91Z
11-21-2005, 04:23 PM
Thanks for the updates. I appreciate the upgrades and don't mind the waiting for the rest. Good things will come to those who wait.

martyo
11-21-2005, 04:33 PM
If I've missed anything else, just add it to the list.

I was supposed to be given moderator powers without the responsibility.

Logan
11-21-2005, 04:34 PM
Of course, if anyone minds waiting, please feel free to let me know and I'll happily fax over a services contract conveniently giving you the option of actually paying for my time.

No? Okay, we'll do it for free when I actually get a moment... Good plan. :up:

martyo
11-21-2005, 04:39 PM
Of course, if anyone minds waiting, please feel free to let me know and I'll happily fax over a services contract conveniently giving you the option of actually paying for my time.

Where is that violin emoticon when ya need it? :D

jgc61sr2002
11-21-2005, 04:40 PM
Mary - Thanks for the update.:D

Logan
11-21-2005, 04:49 PM

What's your fax number Marty? You of all people should be sympathetic to my plight. Unlike your blingness... I don't have a flock of assistants to do my bidding... :beatnik:

Mike Poore
11-21-2005, 04:51 PM

Your BLINGNESS? :laugh:

Boy, Marty. Y'don't know, these days, who's billing rate is highest, 'puter weenies, or attorneys. :dunno:

Tell you what though, if Logan's back home from Detroit with that new truck already, it must have been one hellova ride.
:drive:

Mike Poore
11-21-2005, 04:55 PM
Arcade...Classifieds...Garage. ..Reviews...Timeslips

Just a reminder to all that the above features we've come to know and love are not available until some additional code is rewritten to make them compatible with the upgraded website.

Please be patient! :type:

It's in Logan's hands and when he can tear himself away from his new Ride, he'll be addressing everything that needs to be put back. If I've missed anything else, just add it to the list.

Thank you!!
MM.Net Administration

How about the section for Donna's rum-laced confections? ;)

MarauderMark
11-21-2005, 06:44 PM
Welp its good to know they'll be back.Thank you for the update bunny.:up::)

TooManyFords
11-21-2005, 07:05 PM
I know I bill -my- attorney more per hour than he does me. But as of late, he's been doing more work for me and the computers I fix don't break so easily.

Damn you Dell, damn you!

On the bright side, I'm now debt free!

:D

John

CRUZTAKER
11-21-2005, 07:08 PM

......Mary?

Smokie
11-21-2005, 07:12 PM
Logan take your time, it looks pretty nice like it is.

Bradley G
11-21-2005, 08:19 PM
Around about the time, the Classifieds section is restored.
Probably see the Truck listed.:neener:

DEFYANT
11-21-2005, 08:25 PM
Thanks for the update. Keep us in the loop. Will we have to re-enter all the info, or is it in some sort of "stasis" somewhere?

BK_GrandMarquis
11-26-2005, 01:48 PM
Anyone else notice the New Posts link on the main page doesn't seem to be working properly? If it shows there are 17 new posts it only shows a partial list.

stryker
12-01-2005, 11:05 PM
Do more upgrades they're good.

STRYKER.

Bigdogjim
12-01-2005, 11:59 PM

I just hate it when the rich cry poor!

Logan
12-02-2005, 04:39 PM
It's not about being rich or poor Jim. It's about priorities and time management. Beyond that, I'm hardly rich, but I'll share a secret. Not doing **** for people on their schedule for no money is a good way to start down the path of financial freedom.

When people complain that something isn't working right, the natural expectation they have is that I should for some reason be all over fixing it just for them. The reality is that I have obligations to people who actually pay real money for my time and expertise as a IT Professional. Nevermind obligations to spend time with my family.

SO, for those who think THEY should be my top priority, then they should be willing and/or prepared to pay for my time. If not, that's fine, just get in line and when I'm damn good and ready, I'll do it for free... Just don't complain about how long it takes. Why? Because it's a hobby and I enjoy it. However, "Hobby" stops when people make demands of me and it becomes "work".

Sorry if that common friggin' sense doesn't translate into something you comprehend.

Logan
12-02-2005, 04:42 PM
Thanks for the update. Keep us in the loop. Will we have to re-enter all the info, or is it in some sort of "stasis" somewhere?

Actually, no, it's all happily in the database, just have to modify the code so that it works with the new infrastructure.

MI2QWK4U
12-02-2005, 05:45 PM
I just hate it when the rich cry poor!

It's not about being rich or poor Jim. It's about priorities and time management. Beyond that, I'm hardly rich, but I'll share a secret. Not doing **** for people on their schedule for no money is a good way to start down the path of financial freedom.

When people complain that something isn't working right, the natural expectation they have is that I should for some reason be all over fixing it just for them. The reality is that I have obligations to people who actually pay real money for my time and expertise as a IT Professional. Nevermind obligations to spend time with my family.

SO, for those who think THEY should be my top priority, then they should be willing and/or prepared to pay for my time. If not, that's fine, just get in line and when I'm damn good and ready, I'll do it for free... Just don't complain about how long it takes. Why? Because it's a hobby and I enjoy it. However, "Hobby" stops when people make demands of me and it becomes "work".

Sorry if that common friggin' sense doesn't translate into something you comprehend.

Smooth Jim. Have a BIG Koolaid while you wait! Lets not upset the guy that does nice things for us.

Logan
12-02-2005, 06:17 PM
I'm not upset. I'm just astounded there are tardo's out there that think I owe them something or should work for no compensation.

To each his own...Me, I prefer not to be a tardo and have aim's on actually being productive and profitable, and have fun doing it, all at the same time. Weird concept eh...

Bigdogjim
12-02-2005, 08:22 PM
I'm not upset. I'm just astounded there are tardo's out there that think I owe them something or should work for no compensation.

To each his own...Me, I prefer not to be a tardo and have aim's on actually being productive and profitable, and have fun doing it, all at the same time. Weird concept eh...

No Logan it is not a weird concept at all!
What is really sad is that you have no sense of humor!
I was not complaining about upgrades just made a "joke"
Now your new "buddy" jumps in and starts with the Kool aid remarks?
Funny thing is you smoked me in a private message on another board about remarks like that when I did not start it?
Very plain to see I am out numbered here, only one a smart person can do now.
Best of luck with your upgrades!
I wish you well!
Big Dog

Donny Carlson
12-02-2005, 08:31 PM

A real Tardo:

http://www.tardomagazine.com/store/wallpaper1_sm.jpg
http://www.tardomagazine.com/

TAF
12-03-2005, 05:59 AM
A real Tardo:

http://www.tardomagazine.com/store/wallpaper1_sm.jpg
http://www.tardomagazine.com/

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You're killin' me, my friend.....

Logan
12-03-2005, 07:40 AM
No Logan it is not a weird concept at all!
What is really sad is that you have no sense of humor!
I was not complaining about upgrades just made a "joke"
Now your new "buddy" jumps in and starts with the Kool aid remarks?
Funny thing is you smoked me in a private message on another board about remarks like that when I did not start it?
Very plain to see I am out numbered here, only one a smart person can do now.
Best of luck with your upgrades!
I wish you well!
Big Dog

I was done with you when you called my personal cell phone and left me a msg explaining how and why you were leaving the site. So cry me a river bud, you made your bed with your assinine remarks and deserve the reprecussions of your conduct.

I have a great sense of humor, however, nothing you have said to me lately has been even remotely funny or well intentioned...

DEFYANT
12-03-2005, 08:25 AM
:D

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y193/Defyant/kool1.jpg

silver_2000
12-05-2005, 08:25 AM
I have a great sense of humor, however, nothing you have said to me lately has been even remotely funny or well intentioned...

I think "great sense of humor" may b overstating it a bit. http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/rofl2.gif

Plus the dry northern sense of humor is often misinterpreted south of the mason dixon line.... http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/rofl2.gif

Doug

Logan
12-05-2005, 03:55 PM
Misinterpreted how? As a Arrogant, condescending prick? Hmmm... Probably... Well, that's the south for ya...

MM03MOK
12-05-2005, 04:01 PM
Getting back on track here......:rolleyes:

Temporary For Sale/Wanted Forum is available for viewing only through the end of the month.

Any new items must be placed in the Classifieds.

Logan
12-05-2005, 04:09 PM
I resemble that remark.

GreekGod
12-06-2005, 03:59 PM
Even though I am a resent forum poster on a few forums, I have found this site to have the best performance and is the easiest to use. It is in head and shoulders above any other site I have ever used.

RVT04
12-23-2005, 07:02 AM
home is where the heart is.....
Logan , you are welcome in our home anytime and we feel very fortunate to be allowed to enter one of yours any time we want. all we have to do is log in!
thanks for all your effort bud and Merry Christmas to you and yours.
sr and lr

MarauderMark
12-23-2005, 05:15 PM
home is where the heart is.....
Logan , you are welcome in our home anytime and we feel very fortunate to be allowed to enter one of yours any time we want. all we have to do is log in!
thanks for all your effort bud and Merry Christmas to you and yours.
sr and lr
This goes for us as well..we may not be rich and our house is not the best but you are welcome here anytime..Merry xmas .:xtree: ..

I was going to write something else until i saw this..:)

SID210SA
04-24-2006, 01:45 PM
Havent seen a post on this in a while....wondering how the update is going....wating to see some games.....kill time between posts.....