PDA

View Full Version : California Sucks

jim geary
11-21-2005, 08:35 PM
Well fellows here I sit in my living room looking at almost 10,000.00 worth of modifications that I was going to have done. Now I'm having my doubts. Seems as though I might be hard pressed just to change plugs in this state. Does anyone have any practical solution to my delema? Would appreciate any and all advise. If you don't want to ansewer here is my E-Mail address. jimswindows@charter.net Guys I really do need help. Jim.

Tallboy
11-21-2005, 08:41 PM
Well fellows here I sit in my living room looking at almost 10,000.00 worth of modifications that I was going to have done. Now I'm having my doubts. Seems as though I might be hard pressed just to change plugs in this state. Does anyone have any practical solution to my delema? Would appreciate any and all advise. If you don't want to ansewer here is my E-Mail address. jimswindows@charter.net Guys I really do need help. Jim.

Put the parts you want installed in the trunk/backseat and ship the car to me. No kidding.

jim geary
11-21-2005, 08:48 PM
Thanks Chuck. I just might take you up on your offer. My problem is making it legal in the state of Californina. If I wern't married I would just move. Would be a lot easier for me. My wife would never agree to a move just for a car.I think what I need is registration advise. But I'm gonna keep you in mind Chuck and thanks. Jim.

Tallboy
11-21-2005, 08:52 PM
Thanks Chuck. I just might take you up on your offer. My problem is making it legal in the state of Californina. If I wern't married I would just move. Would be a lot easier for me. My wife would never agree to a move just for a car.I think what I need is registration advise. But I'm gonna keep you in mind Chuck and thanks. Jim.

I'd register the car to an out-of-state relative, then go mod-crazy on the sumb!tch.:D

My offer of assistance stands. Anytime you need a hand, you've got my number.

69mach1
11-21-2005, 10:31 PM
Email sent :cool:

Dave Compson
11-22-2005, 01:44 PM
96mach1, may i have that email advise also? I am thinking of moving back to cali, but have mod issues with my vehicles.

dwasson
11-22-2005, 03:02 PM
My wife would never agree to a move just for a car.

"Honey, it isn't just because of the car. It's just that I really don't want to have to carry this rifle up to the top of that tall building. Work with me."

Directedby
11-22-2005, 04:12 PM
if you want to instann an SC you really can't unleess you un-install it every 3 years - which is not too practical.

i have many mods - however when it comes down to getting my smog cert, i will have to re-program factory chip to stock, remove intake and replace it with factory.

that should do it.

Dave Compson
11-23-2005, 03:58 AM
Wow, didnt think it was still that bad down there. Maybe i could keep the marauder registered in nevada at a friends house.

snowbird
11-23-2005, 04:15 AM

Well, i'm really sick of winter and have no wife or girlfriend.

Maybe we could work something up.:) I'm not kidding either !!

Dan
12-07-2005, 06:59 PM
Don't move for the car alone. Move for all of the other reasons like not being surrounded by granola eating, earth worshipping whackos. I could go on to list the other things that are wrong with CA but I don't really want to rub it in. It seems like you painfully aware of this already.

Dan

Redster
12-10-2005, 08:12 PM
The California Sucks title was unneeded. If you think California Sucks, please leave. They will welcome you here in Texas and more room for me when I move back.

William B
01-22-2006, 04:11 PM
I have (2) maraders 03 and 04...04 is SC...I will take both of them in at the same time for smog....wink

MENINBLK
01-22-2006, 10:54 PM

We have the same emissions laws here in New York
and people mod their cars all the time.

JUST DO IT !!!

Directedby
01-22-2006, 11:35 PM
California has emissions standards like no other state -

It recently set higher standards that go into effect in 2008.

Also, California hands out HUGE fines.

Some mods are OK, but if you install a supercharger - forget about it - it must be removed to pass bpth inspections.

California has a strong physical inspection rule and they have the factory data on your car.

They look closely at intakes, ex manifolds, EVERYTHING.

IT SUCKS.

The reason I went with the Cobra Manifolds is because they have the ford logo on them - if I went with headers, i would not pass smog AND would get a fine.

We have the same emissions laws here in New York
and people mod their cars all the time.

JUST DO IT !!!