PDA

View Full Version : Gold?

Bradley G
11-22-2005, 10:36 PM
I asked before,
gold inserts?,.... bueller??? pics? anyone? :P

cruzer
12-20-2005, 09:54 PM
I won a set of gold inserts at MVIII--haven't installed them yet--will do and post pics--stand by---Maury

hdwrench
12-20-2005, 09:58 PM
not a fan of gold

Bradley G
12-21-2005, 05:11 AM
No more mods Maury!:nono:
I won a set of gold inserts at MVIII--haven't installed them yet--will do and post pics--stand by---Maury

Bradley G
12-21-2005, 05:11 AM
Me niether, just wondering how it would look.
not a fan of gold

MarauderMark
12-21-2005, 06:08 AM
Heh i'm curious as well:up:

gonzo50
12-22-2005, 02:00 PM
not a fan of gold

On a Black car, with the shiny chrome rims, the shiny chrome exhaust tips, the shiny chrome front and rear emblems, the shiny chrome trim around the door windows......well, you get the drift, IMHO I don't think the Gold SS inserts would be the right choice, but thats just me.:cool:

I have the chrome SS inserts and it compliments the rest of the chrome accents on the Marauder.:coolman:

fastblackmerc
12-22-2005, 02:19 PM
On a Black car, with the shiny chrome rims, the shiny chrome exhaust tips, the shiny chrome front and rear emblems, the shiny chrome trim around the door windows......well, you get the drift, IMHO I don't think the Gold SS inserts would be the right choice, but thats just me.:cool:

I have the chrome SS inserts and it compliments the rest of the chrome accents on the Marauder.:coolman:
I agree......

O's Fan Rich
12-22-2005, 02:42 PM
This kinda look?

SergntMac
12-22-2005, 03:22 PM
Yo Rich! How you doin?

TripleTransAm
12-22-2005, 03:54 PM

I'm a big fan of the Player's black with gold pinstripe scheme. I had a small model of a race car in that scheme when I was young, and obviously Smokey and the Bandit (and the black/gold T/As of the 70s) made a big impression on me. While I think the trim around the windows should stay chrome-like, I am wondering what a black Marauder with a gold front emblem, gold rear emblem, and gold-tint wheels would look like.

For the wheels, I would not make them flat gold like the 2000 10th ann. Firehawks, but more like what they did to the 1999 30th ann. Trans Ams (in that case, it was a blue tinted chrome wheel). So in other words, if it was possible to keep the polished surface but with a slight gold hue to it.

MM2004
12-22-2005, 05:08 PM
If your gonna go gold,......

Do 'em all. :D

cruzer
12-22-2005, 08:48 PM
I attached the gold SS inserts wth removable 2-sided tape for the pics--if you look real close, you may see my Bob White Dark Ford Blue reflective inserts---the reason for the on-permanent install--my bumper has been damaged and will be replaced--will install the gold on the new bumper for MV4. Personally, I didn't think I would like them---but, they really look good in person--I hope the pics give you an idea of how they look. Maury

Bradley G
12-22-2005, 08:57 PM
Thanks Cruzer

O's Fan Rich
12-23-2005, 03:29 PM
Yo Rich! How you doin?
Getting better Sarge. Just gotta watch overdoing things when I feel good.
I see the cariologist on the 4th. Keep your fingers crossed!!
Thanks for the concern.

TripleTransAm
12-23-2005, 03:53 PM
I fudged together something really quick based on what I mentioned above (the gold items on a Marauder). Can't decide if I like it or not.

Bradley G
12-23-2005, 04:18 PM
That's cool!!!
Thanks Steve!
Gives the car, a whole nother demencia :P
The new Badges in gold, would take it up a notch too!

1stMerc
12-24-2005, 04:25 AM
I fudged together something really quick based on what I mentioned above (the gold items on a Marauder). Can't decide if I like it or not.

That is not bad, except you forgot about the window chrome. Please right on the chalk board 100 times "I will not forget the window chrome"
and resubmit. Now go to your garage and stand in the corner for 30"

Smiles for miles
Waymon

TripleTransAm
12-24-2005, 08:24 AM
Actually, I did try to treat the window trim, but I thought that was a little over-the-top. So I backtracked to a version with regular chrome window trim. I did not think to black-out the chrome trim, though... that might have been an option. Anyway, the files are on my laptop, so I'm not going to try that tweak anytime soon...

Speaking of laptop, the gold looked alright on my laptop screen (crappy HP LCD) but on my desktop CRT the gold looks a little greenish. I wonder which one is out of alignment...

DirtyDog
12-24-2005, 08:38 AM
[Speaking of laptop, the gold looked alright on my laptop screen (crappy HP LCD) but on my desktop CRT the gold looks a little greenish. I wonder which one is out of alignment...[/QUOTE]

The CRT is off, because the color came out good here.

TripleTransAm
12-24-2005, 09:17 AM
I'm not sure, to be honest. Our displays could just be in sync. I just redid the photos quickly and called up a palette of RGB colours, and I swear the gold on there looks more like what I had in mind. To me, it looks like the first set of pics has more yellow in it (perhaps I made an error in claiming too much green at first). However, colour is highly subjective so one of these days I'll have to ante-up ($$) for some device to calibrate my screen.

Also, while these don't show it, I also did versions with the chrome trim blacked out and it looks pretty darned good as an effect, with the gold wheels.

Anyway, here's the CRT-version:

BruteForce
12-24-2005, 09:49 AM
Plate the pipes too. :D

TripleTransAm
12-24-2005, 10:18 AM
Actually, if you look closely, in my images they already are (both the emblems and the pipes). I tried to keep it discrete to avoid making things look painted-on.

1stMerc
12-24-2005, 11:45 AM
Actually, if you look closely, in my images they already are (both the emblems and the pipes). I tried to keep it discrete to avoid making things look painted-on.

Actually, what you did looks tasteful enough on a black MM to make a viable alternative for personalization. Of course this will elicit even more attention that our Marauders already get. Gives it a nice contrast.

Bradley G
12-27-2005, 03:32 AM
gold wheels and pipes only W/ badgeless front and rear and blacked out window trim.
Oh, and illegal tinted windows.
That'll keep 'em guessing!!!:D

Bluerauder
12-27-2005, 07:18 AM
I attached the gold SS inserts wth removable 2-sided tape for the pics-- .... Maury
Can't really see the "gold" in the photos ... they kinda look really close to my "silver" SS Inserts. :rolleyes: Will have to check this out in person at the next MV national get-together!! :up: