PDA

View Full Version : Dealer rotating tires

btbush
11-23-2005, 01:39 PM
:argue: What do you say to service rep who has your tires rotated?
I was in for a simple oil change and when I drove out at closing time my MM would not go, the trac control lite went on, the brake lite went on, the emergency lite went on.
MY question is what damage did this do to the car? Took it back in the next day and had the tires rotated back. The invoice only shows new part but not what the part is.
Lil- Red

jstevens
11-23-2005, 02:10 PM
Most likely, no damage.

SergntMac
11-23-2005, 02:31 PM
Start with WTF? to both the writer and the wrench.

Petrograde
11-23-2005, 02:50 PM
Start with WTF? to both the writer and the wrench.
yup,.. ^^^what he said^^^

How can they not tell you what part they replaced?! :bs: did they at least put the part number on your invoice?

TripleTransAm
11-23-2005, 03:07 PM
I am extremely grateful to technicians who do this.

It is thanks to them that I own a second Marauder at what might be the deal of a lifetime, at least around my area...

Gryphonzus
11-23-2005, 08:55 PM
I had that happen to mine and did not know what happened so I took it to another dealer and they told me they rotated them wrong. I did not hurt anything they just put them back where they belonged.

LCSO34
11-23-2005, 09:01 PM
BiggumTires on front, Lilum tires on back, ABS No likey.:D

JMan
11-24-2005, 03:23 AM
Rest assured, it won't have any long term effects. Once back in the proper trim, everything will work okay!

J

RF Overlord
11-24-2005, 07:10 AM
btbush, go back and ask them WTF...there is no way simply having the wrong-size tires on the wrong corners damaged anything...the lights were just to let you know the ABS and T/C circuits detected an error.

And the stupid dealer should have KNOWN you can't rotate the tires on a Marauder...:shake:

jgc61sr2002
11-24-2005, 07:25 AM
What RF said ^^^^^^^^^

MM2004
11-24-2005, 07:33 AM
I agree RF.

When I was driving off the lot after closing the deal on my DTR, the Service Manager who has seen me in there many times stopped me and said; "You know the tires cannot be rotated, right?"

My reply was "yep" thru my ***** eatin' grin. Steve then said; "So you're the one. Be careful now."

Mike.

btbush, go back and ask them WTF...there is no way simply having the wrong-size tires on the wrong corners damaged anything...the lights were just to let you know the ABS and T/C circuits detected an error.

And the stupid dealer should have KNOWN you can't rotate the tires on a Marauder...:shake:

wchain
11-26-2005, 06:21 AM
I was in for a simple oil change and when I drove out at closing time my MM would not go, the trac control lite went on, the brake lite went on, the emergency lite went on.
MY question is what damage did this do to the car? Took it back in the next day and had the tires rotated back. The invoice only shows new part but not what the part is.
Lil- Red

DUDE! Brian! What dealer was that??? Side to side if you must, but NO front to rear!

Call me sometime!

hwy73
11-26-2005, 11:15 AM
I took my 04 MM to a LM Dealer for its 5k service. A "flag" or something must have come up on the screen because as the service writer was entering the work order he stated, "we can't rotate the tires on this car". He then proceeded to deduct $15.00 from the price of the service. I STILL checked when they pulled the car outside!