PDA

View Full Version : Time to Sell...

Reduaram
11-25-2005, 07:43 PM
I am looking at selling my '03 early in the new year. I bought it in March '04 and it has just cleared 16 000 kms. All the warranty maintenance has been done on time and I've taken pretty good care of it. The car has the usual faults that are commonly posted here ie. poor quality paint, weak window motors and so on. I've had a defective valve guide replaced and there are other warranty repairs that I will be getting taken care of. I also purchased the extended warrantee.
My question is: What would be a decent selling price? I don't know a whole lot about cars and I don't want to take anything more or less than what the car is worth, and I definitely don't want to waste my time with a "know-it-all" who will try to knock the price down to some ridiculous amount. Not knowing too much about cars does not mean stupid.
I am selling the car because I would like to get something less complicated. Once the warrantee is up, this car will be pretty money-hungry. I saw it with the engine taken apart while it was in the garage and it looked like open-heart surgery in progress! Not to mention the fact that I'm really tired of walking up to my car and seeing new dents and chips in the paint from people letting there full shopping cars run into the car, opening their door into the car, spitting on it and so on. Life will be less hassle when I have a reliable beater that I can do some work on myself and put a nice coat of flat black on it and if there is a scratch on it, no big worry - just get the spray can out! My days of having a nice shiny new car are coming to an end, I think.
If there is anyone out there who has some good advice it would be greatly appreciated!

DEFYANT
11-25-2005, 07:53 PM
Advice?

Park farrrrr away from the front door of the supermarket.

Garage or cover the MM and get a beater

1stMerc
11-25-2005, 09:13 PM
Advice?

Park farrrrr away from the front door of the supermarket.

Garage or cover the MM and get a beater

Ditto, what he said.

WTBBLKMAR
11-26-2005, 03:17 AM
pics? what are u askin for it? depending on the answers to my questions there i'm interested. oh ya, has to be black. and hte dents etc cant be like.....DENTS, it would have to be microscopic. then agian if ur asking price is sweet then i can always get dents removed or whatever. blk89SC@hotmail.com if u cant load pics onto here

grampaws
11-26-2005, 12:03 PM
http://www.trader.ca/search/Results.asp?BFROM=1&BAD=N&BPRICE=N&BTYPE=B&BCAT=1&BOREGION=-1&BYEAR1=&BYEAR2=&BPRICE1=&BPRICE2=&BKEYWORD=&BMAKE=741&BMODEL=MARAUDER&category=1&region=-1&makeid=741&modelcode=18470&adcopy=&multiphoto=N&SortBy=askprice&SortOrder=d&DisplayType=pictures&DisplayRowCount=48&mknm=741&mdnm=MARAUDER&subcategory=&CAT=1
only 2 in the ont. auto trader one 27,000 cad 42,000km
the other 18,900 mileage unknown..high miler
pretty wide range there??
16,000 kms I would pick a range around 28,000 to 30,000
It is almost a new car...
start high and expect to be negotiated down...
It really depends onsupply and demand..
there is very little to base this on there is no real
supply in BC..this is based on Ont cars which commonly
see more salt on the roads??
There is no hard and fast rules so I included some ads
fyi...
http://www.canadatrader.com/result/result.aspx?searchtype=adv&kw=&dp=&age=&kfr=1&kto=2000000&category=4000&mk=MERCURY&md=MARAUDER&yfr=1900&yto=2006&pfr=0&pto=9999999&postal=&distance=&city=&pro=&dm=1&type=province

Reduaram
11-26-2005, 02:28 PM
Hi WTBBLKMAR ,
Once I am ready to actually sell the car. probably around Feb. or March I will be able to start stating the price. As I mentioned in the thread, I am just at the inquiry stage right now. All the dents, etc will be cleaned up and the car will be ready for sale. I will know what my price will be after that. good luck with your search!
Reduaram

Reduaram
12-20-2005, 05:39 PM
I have decided to put 2003 Marauder up for sale at this time. My price is $30 000 Cdn. The car only has 17 000 kms on it and is still under warranty. Extras include SS inserts "Marauder" and also the fender badges. The underbody has been "Diamond Coated", as has the leather interior. I purchased the SuperChips programmer for this model and have had Flowmasters installed.
I am selling it because the cost of living where I now live is too high and I need to scale back a bit in order to do the things I enjoy - besides drive around in my Marauder on nice, sunny days with the windows down and the tunes playing. It will be sad to see the car go, but there will be others in time.

jgc61sr2002
12-20-2005, 05:58 PM
Sorry the Marauder has to go. :( Good luck with the sale.:D

jimlam56
12-20-2005, 06:19 PM
Check out ebay, there is usually 5 or 6 Marauders for sale at any given time.