PDA

View Full Version : When will Blue be available

Dennis Reinhart
07-05-2002, 07:38 PM
Thats what I am waiting on does any one know if they will offer a suroof, do the cars come loaded, I bought a 2002 GT till Blue comes out it has the new Mach 1000 stereo and it is unbelievable, that would be nice in the Marauder.

Logan
07-06-2002, 07:59 AM
I'm told Blue is the next color coming and will hit the floors in October/November.

b4z
07-08-2002, 03:49 PM
Hope these aren't stupid questions.
When the car comes out in blue will the grill and trim be blue or will it be black?
The lighter slate color; will this be a tone on tone with the original grey or a completely new interior color?
Is the traction control going to come out in the fall with the new blue color?

Logan
07-08-2002, 05:00 PM
There's no such thing as a stupid question. I would expect the blue to show up sometime in the 4th quarter of this year, along with traction control.

I'm not sure on the new lighter interior, but if memory serves, that's 4th quarter as well.

MarauderTeam
07-08-2002, 05:03 PM
I saw a couple of postings regarding color and features coming next to Marauder.

First, the MarauderTeam would like to thank each of you for providing information to one another on a car we are all excited to have.

We will be introducing Dark Pearl Blue CC Metalic and Silver Birch CC Metalic. The grille and front and rear fascias will keep the monochromatic look (just like the current Black). Everything will be mono-tone.

The interior seats to be introduced Fall 2002 will feature light flint seating surfaces. The carpet and some door and IP panels will remain black providing the two-tone "throw back" look to the original Marauder.

Logan
07-08-2002, 05:10 PM
Well, there ya have it. Right from the source. Ah the wonders of the Internet. :)

b4z
07-08-2002, 07:10 PM
Cool Beans!

I bet the dark blue car will look great. A perfect replacement for my Navy Blue Impala LS. And a nice complement to my bright blue metallic
IROC.

You would think I like blue or something.

Logan
07-09-2002, 06:36 AM
What's cool is that it's a pearlescent paint. I love pearl paints... :)

b4z
07-09-2002, 06:40 AM
Will the pearl paint be an extra cost option?

WJSOLOMON
07-10-2002, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by MarauderTeam:"I saw a couple of postings regarding color and features coming next to Marauder. First, the MarauderTeam would like to thank each of you for providing information to one another on a car we are all excited to have. We will be introducing Dark Pearl Blue CC Metalic and Silver Birch CC Metalic. The grille and front and rear fascias will keep the monochromatic look (just like the current Black). Everything will be mono-tone.The interior seats to be introduced Fall 2002 will feature light flint seating surfaces. The carpet and some door and IP panels will remain black providing the two-tone "throw back" look to the original Marauder."

Dear Marauder Team Leaders - I 've driven 18 New Park Ave's (all of late were Supercharged), over the past 19 years, but never have I experienced the Excitement, Driving Pleasure, and Pride in Ownership as I have in putting on a couple of Hundred miles on the open road today here in Indiana! For the Money - You've indeed set a new "Bench Mark" for Pure Driving Pleasure, Luxury, and Comfort, and all for under $40 K!

The Only thing that I would like to have resolved immediately, is the need to drive as if one had a Fresh Egg between one's foot and the Accelerator, to keep the Transmission from slamming rather unexpectedly from OD into 3rd, after reaching 60 mph, and easing up on the gas. ANY Slight Pressure on the Gas Pedal, wrenches the car out of 4th, and Slams it into 3rd, where it sits as dang long as it pleases. The only thing that I've found to do to keep it in 4th at Final Highway Speeds, is to ease the Shifter momentarily into NEUTRAL, then back down into Drive, to seat it into 4th. That CAN"T be good fot the Transmission, can it?

We need a TSB to resolve this Issue ASAP. Owner's Manual pretends that it doen't exist!

:eek: :confused: :(

Dennis Reinhart
07-10-2002, 09:07 PM
WJSOLOMON
I can fix the tranny problem with the chip

WJSOLOMON
07-11-2002, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Dennis Reinhart:"WJS -"I can fix the tranny problem with the chip"

Dennis - Since you're in Florida and I'm stuck here in Indy, how do you suggest we handle the Logistics?

What if I were to purchase both the Chips for the Engine and Transmission from you, have you arrange to sell it to my Selling / Servicing Dealer to Install, along with your instructions, in order to minimize the chance of Warranty Issues with Mercury?

I do not have the expertise to install these chips, nor would I want to invalidate the New Car Warrarnty right off of the bat. If my Dealer would be willing to get involved, it would make things a lot easier to handle.

Suggestions?

WJS