PDA

View Full Version : 2% Over Invoice

piglet
09-07-2002, 10:16 PM
Gents,

Was quoted 2% over invoice today here in NC. There is also a $500 military appreciation bonus as well. Grand total before tax would be $32,393. Got $19,000 for my 99' 4Runner from the dealer. Just could not close the deal yet. Best interest rate I found as 5.49%

Has anyone found one better or more importantly has anyone hear of an up an coming Mercury interest rate promotion or cash-back for the MM?

Thanks,

03 Merc
09-08-2002, 05:33 AM
Piglet,

I assume by your comment about the $500.00 "Military Appreciation bonus" that you are in the military. If you are not a member of the Post / Base Credit Union now is a good time to join.. I financed my balance at 3.9%, for 60 months, through Pentagon Federal Credit Union in DC....

The only down side of a "remote" finance is it takes about a week to get the check sent to the dealer...some do not like that. I buy a new car often enough my dealer doesn't have a problem with it.... If they complain you can give them a "hold" check off your local account to satisfy the bean counters until the CU check arrives...

eng1neer
09-08-2002, 05:52 PM
Never go more than half of hold back.. IN OKC oklahoma, they are just about giving them away.. OKC dealers ordered a bunch and and they are not selling..
Dealer offered me 31,000 even to take the car away!!! and he has 4 sitting on his lot now for 2 months..

Larry Vogel
09-08-2002, 06:06 PM
I have Yet to see the Marauder advertized on network TV. Besides the Speed channel is the word out their yet ? ?:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Logan
09-09-2002, 06:12 AM
I've seen ads on TNN and Speedvision, that's it...

OKmrodr
09-09-2002, 11:41 AM
Your post on the OKC availability is great news to me. I have been waiting to get a Marauder due to finances and that info just puts me that much closer to one. Which dealers have you scouted? I test drove one at Reynolds in Norman and Diffee in El Reno is running an ad in the Oklahoman saying they have two they want to move.

mungce
10-08-2002, 07:08 PM
If you qualify for Fords Xplan, you will save 3k on a newMM, like I did. Go to www.fordpartners.com for the details. I qualified under the DAV (Disabled American Veterans), the dealer still makes his money as the discount is returned to them as a tax break.

MarauderBoy
10-08-2002, 07:15 PM
Ditto Mungce. That's what I did.

RCSignals
10-14-2002, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by Larry Vogel
I have Yet to see the Marauder advertized on network TV. Besides the Speed channel is the word out their yet ? ?:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Ford id definitely not doing enough Marauder advertising on TV. The only one I've seen on regularTV was in a Mountaneer commercial, where the Mountaneer passes a Marauder on the street.

I still run into Ford enthusiasts who haven't even heard that the marauder is being built!

Ken
10-14-2002, 04:58 AM
Cleveland, OH has been running a Marauder ad, with the $2000 rebate/0% financing, since the beginning of October. I've seen at least one a day, usually during the news. Our area didn't have the rebate on the Marauder last month, like most of you did. :confused:
Ken