PDA

View Full Version : Attn Cleveland LEO's

jefferson-mo
12-12-2005, 03:33 PM
A friend of mine and his wife are moving to Cleveland in June '06 and he is looking for a job. He was a motorcylce cop at UCLA and thinking they were staying here, quit that job and got one at a local college basically starting over at the bottom(crappy hours & in a car). But now thy are going to Cleveland.

What I'm looking for is suggestions of who to contact so I can pass this along to him. Maybe recommendations of better or worse, easier to get into or impossible. Also maybe a list of agencies:
Cleveland Police?
County Sheriff? (I know you guys have a LOT of smaller counties than we do)
Ohio Highway Patrol?
US Marshall?
Corrections?
US Border Patrol?
US Customs?
Any sort of Federal or local Police agency?

I'm assuming he has a resume put together(he doesn't know I'm doing this)

I'm also assuming there are no motorcycle cops in the winter

His wife is some sort of Surgeon and is getting a high paying gig in Cleveland so that's why they're moving there. He's a San Diego boy and this is gonna kill him I'm sure.

They're moving in June but he can start earlier if necessary

Thanks for any advice or help...............

Jefferson

SergntMac
12-12-2005, 04:33 PM
A monthly publication call The American Police Beat has a national employment data base. Give this a try, I'll keep checking.

http://www.apbweb.com/employment.htm

Nice to hear from you again, Jefferson, please give my best to Elizabeth and Carson.

Yes...You need to do a Marauder again...

CRUZTAKER
12-12-2005, 04:39 PM
I'm not sure he really wants to work IN Cleveland.

Perhaps a suburb. It's not so much the crappy city as it is the fact that he would have to LIVE there. ;)

But, to answer you question directly...I have only one LEO on our member list and he is in Toledo.

Many FINE local suburbs around here place ads frequently in the local papers.

jefferson-mo
12-12-2005, 06:11 PM
Yeah thanks Barry. I'm not sure where in or around Cleveland they're going to be but your tip will be priceless I'm sure.

You know how it is, we're way out here and all we know about Cleveland is the R&R hall of fame..........

merc6
12-12-2005, 06:30 PM
Go south euclid or cleveland heights ;) or even farther away from the city od cleveland and any city that happens to have cleveland in it's title. Is there stil a east cleveland police dept?

jefferson-mo
12-12-2005, 06:35 PM
I just talked to him and they're thinking of Cleveland Heights or Shaker Heights as far as a home.

But I guess he really wants FBI or the Air Marshall thing...........

I'll keep ya posted..............:cool:

merc6
12-12-2005, 06:48 PM
Only thing about cleveland heights is they have all the technology putting the PIs well over sticker of our cars and they still have pythons and semi jacked soft points! Last I checked their dept was like 180-190 strong

SergntMac
12-12-2005, 07:03 PM
Only thing about cleveland heights is they have all the technology putting the PIs well over sticker of our cars and they still have pythons and semi jacked soft points! Last I checked their dept was like 180-190 strong Something wrong with a Python? Hope not, it has servwed me well. But, let us not distract this thread. It's about LEO employment in the Greater Cleveland area, post what your know, eh?

jefferson-mo
12-12-2005, 07:12 PM
"wheel gun huh? lotta old timers use wheelguns. bet the kid's got an automatic"

Lethal Weapon

took me awhile to figure out the python & jacketed references..........

the cool thing about living in your precinct is easy commute
the downside is writing citations or arresting your neighbors.................