PDA

View Full Version : New Posts count

SouLRioT
12-14-2005, 10:23 AM
Since the new forum download, the new post count hasnt been correct. I dont know if this is already a known problem or has been post about befor.

mrjones
12-14-2005, 10:39 AM
I was thinking the same thing, but I believe that I was confusing new posts with threads with new posts. The number of threads that come up when you click on the new posts link is lower, because some threads may have multiple posts.

MM03MOK
12-14-2005, 10:54 AM
I've noticed that too. It's as if it's remembering what was previously new too. I've started using "Today's Posts" instead of "New Posts." You'll still get what you haven't read. If I close the browser without logging off, when I open the browser again, all that was unread from before are marked as such, even though I've read some posts in my last session.

The moral of the story....ignore the New Post number.

Bluerauder
12-14-2005, 11:15 AM
The moral of the story....ignore the New Post number.
Actually, I think the number of new posts is counting every post made rather than just the number of threads updated since your last visit. Under the old system, if 10 posts were made to a single thread, it would only count as one (1). Now it counts as all ten. :D So, it may be technically correct; but confusing to those of us that understood the old counting scheme. :rolleyes: