PDA

View Full Version : Supercharged Marauder on its way

mensrea
09-09-2002, 11:41 AM
Well I did it, I dropped my Marauder off with Kenny Brown... he is in the process of determining what package he will put on it. A couple of weeks and I will have more information! But he has the car. I drove one of his Panthers and all I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is going to ROCK!

If you have any questions give Rich a call at 317-247-5320.

Logan
09-09-2002, 11:48 AM
I am now.... jealous.

mensrea
09-10-2002, 05:52 AM
OK, so if I put a boost gauge in place of my cig lighter, how do I wire my radar detector. Logan, I see somewhere else that you are considering a mounted radar detector... any comments on which is best?

Logan
09-10-2002, 06:23 AM
It would depend what radar detector you're considering...

Of course I have stealthy ideas... :)

Wags
09-11-2002, 09:03 AM
mensrea,

Is your offer to drive the car still open? :D I'll let you take the Chevelle for a spin, if you let me take the SC Marauder. I swapped the 502 for another 396 engine though. (The 396 is dated for the car, and the 502 is going into a '55 project, that's why I have to sell the Impala) :( .

mensrea
09-11-2002, 11:01 AM
Wags,
You and Bozo can both take it for a spin... it'll be a month or two though!

I hope it is finished before the snow comes!

They are putting a dead pedal in!

VaderSS
09-11-2002, 12:13 PM
The Valentine 1 comes with a hardwire connector. I have mine set up that way with the wire completely hidden. The wire is flat telephone wire and is easy to slip under the headliner. That lets me use the cig lighter for it's true purpose... charging the cell phone. :)

I also have the remote display, which lets me place the indicator lights anywhere I want, while keeping the detector in the optimum recieving location at the top of the windshield.

james_hart6
09-11-2002, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by VaderSS
The Valentine 1 comes with a hardwire connector. I have mine set up that way with the wire completely hidden. The wire is flat telephone wire and is easy to slip under the headliner...

Vader,

Which wire did you connect into to get the hot feed? I'm still usin' the plug 'cause I've been reluctant to start splicin' into wires :-)

Jim

VaderSS
09-11-2002, 02:34 PM
I got a factory service manual for my car and looked in the wiring diagrams. It turned out there was one color (pink in my case) that was always hot at ignition on and I used a quick splice into one of those wires.

You'll need to do the same or just post the question on the forum. Maybe someone else has already found the correct wire.

Black Terror
09-11-2002, 02:56 PM
Where did you get the Service Manual? I have been trying the Helm web site since June and they keep indicating temporarily out of stock. I would like to have a Service Manual soon as possible.

Logan
09-11-2002, 04:42 PM
A REALLY nice spot to tie in power and ground for your radar detector is off the back of either one of the autometer gauges...

Easy to get to and conveniently located. :)

james_hart6
09-11-2002, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by VaderSS
I got a factory service manual for my car and looked in the wiring diagrams. It turned out there was one color (pink in my case) that was always hot at ignition on and I used a quick splice into one of those wires.

You'll need to do the same or just post the question on the forum. Maybe someone else has already found the correct wire.

Thanks, Vader.

I've got a message into Helm Inc. to email me when the service manuals become available.

You ran the wire under the roof liner? Down to the dashboard?

Good stuff. Thanks for the help.

Jim

james_hart6
09-11-2002, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Logan
A REALLY nice spot to tie in power and ground for your radar detector is off the back of either one of the autometer gauges...

Easy to get to and conveniently located. :)

Hi Logan.

Thanks for the idea. Run the connect wires from the gauges up the pillar, across (under) the roof liner?

Boy, for such a large car, there ain't much room fer workin' with the wires ;)

Jim

WJSOLOMON
09-11-2002, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by mensrea:"Well I did it, I dropped my Marauder off with Kenny Brown... he is in the process of determining what package he will put on it. A couple of weeks and I will have more information! But he has the car. I drove one of his Panthers and all I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!This is going to ROCK!"

Like maybe "ROCKS" in your head!

For less than $ 3 K, you could have had a "V-8" from Rienhart Engineering!

A lot of us have "been there - done that!"

"To Be the Man, you've got to Beat the Man!"

"Birth, Taxes, Reinhart Engineering, a Few More Taxes, and then you Die!"

Logan
09-12-2002, 05:50 AM
What the heck are you talking about WJ. I can barely understand what you're trying to say there.

There are numerous reasons someone would get their car converted by Kenny brown besides a supercharger. Personally, I have a preference to roots style superchargers over centrifugal, more torque much lower in the RPM band with a roots. That being said, if I could get to Florida to be the guinea pig for a vortech, I wouldn't hesitate, but I'm waiting to be number two in line, to bolt er up in my own garage...

This is inappropriate, if this turns into a bashing thread, it'll be closed and participating members will be turfed.

WJSOLOMON
09-12-2002, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by Logan: "What the heck are you talking about WJ. I can barely understand what you're trying to say there.This is inappropriate, if this turns into a bashing thread, it'll be closed and participating members will be turfed."

If I've seemed "Innapropriate" in simply being Enthusiastic about Dennis Rienhart's plucky performance package from Reinhart Automotive, as opposed to your new found enthusiasm over Kenny Brown, I apologize.

There is no and was no attempt to get involved in any "bashing" - simply enjoying being an American on the anniversary if 9-11, and exercising my Rights under the First Amendment.

"Give Me Liberty.........Or "Turf" Me!"

:eek: :o ;) :cool:

Logan
09-12-2002, 08:38 AM
You're off-base WJ. Read my message.

^^^^^^^^^^^^ Is the inappropriate comment. You can be as enthusiastic about Reinhart as much as you like, I don't care. What you can't do, is give anyone else grief for making a different decision. I won't tolerate it.

As for the first admendment comment, give me a break. This is a PRIVATELY OPERATED SITE complete with Privacy Statements (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/privacy.php) and Disclaimers (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/disclaimer.php). In short, the moment to post anything to this site, it unconditionally becomes the property of mercurymarauder.net.

I suggest you read them before continuing to make use of this site.

I simply will not tolerate flames, wars, bashing, or anything else that would contribute to ruining someone's day. That's not what this site is about.

Arguing with ME is not the way to make everything better.

A simple apology to mensrea would've been the correct and appropriate thing to do. If you can't find it in you to take the high road, then I suggest you go hang out somewhere else.

This thread is closed and the discussion is OVER.