PDA

View Full Version : Looking at a '65 Mercury Marauder w/390

sc4hundo
12-23-2005, 04:03 PM
Im looking for some help. My buddy is looking at 65 marauder with the 390 engine, black with no major body damage, could use a respray, and the interior is shot. It drives great blows no smoke, but does have a qwirk in the trans, sometimes when you try to put it in park it goes into reverse. Mileage is unknown. My buddy took me with him to look at it cause i pretty knowledgeable about some of the classics, but i have to admit that i dont know much about this car. Looking to find out how much it would be worth, any info any resources i could use to help me out would be great. Thanks!

MarauderMark
12-23-2005, 05:41 PM
Hope this helps..
http://www.nadaguides.com
Thats right :welcome:

jgc61sr2002
12-23-2005, 06:44 PM
Welcome to the MM site.:D :welcome:

sc4hundo
12-24-2005, 12:05 AM
Thanks, that should do the trick!

RoyLPita
12-24-2005, 05:02 AM
Welcome aboard. Try this site for what the MM is worth: www.vmrintl.com . As for the trans, check the linkage for anything loose near the assembly.

wsmylie
12-24-2005, 10:33 AM
Owned a 1965 Marauder with a 390 4bbl in the late sixties that I bought as a used car. The car had spent it's entire life in the Cleveland (road salt) area and began to show body rust just behind the rear wheel openings and around the bottoms of the doors. It was a fairly quick car for it's size but didn't corner or stop all that great IIRC. Mine also developed a sloppy transmission seperation between park and reverse and as pointed out by "Roy L" it was caused by some loose connections in the linkage (although I have seen this condition caused by broken/loose motor mounts on other cars). Anyway, don't know where the 65 Marauder your friend is interested in spent it's life but he probably needs to give it a careful going over in the lower body areas for rust or bondo. Good luck. Bill:D.

Thomas C Potter
12-25-2005, 03:31 PM
1965-1977 Full size fords have a terrible tendency to have frame rust, much more of an issue that silly body panels!!!. The side members behind the front wheels are the prominent area. I've seen many decent bodies with bad frames. Good vehicles other than this.

TP with 2 68's

GreekGod
01-01-2006, 01:06 PM
1965-1977 Full size fords have a terrible tendency to have frame rust, much more of an issue that silly body panels!!!. The side members behind the front wheels are the prominent area. I've seen many decent bodies with bad frames. Good vehicles other than this.

TP with 2 68's From my experience, the frame rails in front of the rear torque boxes are the worst for rust (in front of the rear wheel, inside of the rocker panel).

LiLWrink
01-02-2006, 03:26 PM
NADA Guide didnt have a list for 63/64/65 Marauder? or did I miss it?

I have been on vacation for a while, and am just catching up on my reading...
I aquired a 63 last year, and read everything that I can find on the Old Rauders. I am still learning about these cars, but what I have found is this; you wont see another one at car shows, and not many folks out there can help you with parts.

Welcome! and good luck!