PDA

View Full Version : The Top

Dan
12-30-2005, 01:04 PM
I am suggesting that many of the items at the top of the main forum page be moved to the bottom so that more of the content forums are visible before having to scroll down.

Dan

MM03MOK
12-30-2005, 01:12 PM
The minimizing button (two up ^ arrows) to the right of each group, collapses that grouping. Customize and close up the groups you don't usually use, such as the Regional groups, Statistics, Site Related or Today's Birthdays. They're there when you need them.

Dan
12-30-2005, 03:38 PM
Mary,

Thank you.

I am using a 15" screen (laptop) and displaying at 1440 X 960. After doing all of that I still need to go down a full 55% of the screen to see the first forum.

I know that you probably can't change it. Still, I appreciate your trying to help.

Does anyone else have this concern? To me it seems that the actual messages on a message board should have higher priority than birthdays and whose on line. I know that info is nice but it doesn't make sense.

Best,

Dan

PS: I can see why Logan set the pages up this way. There is a lot of stuff at the bottom and I imagine he would want to have some sort of balance of the top vs the bottom. From a pure design point this makes sense. From a UI point I am not so sure. :)

MM03MOK
12-30-2005, 04:00 PM
How about this? Subscribe to your favorite forums (Go to the Forum >> Forum Tools >> Subscribe to This Forum). They'll then show up as a list if you click on Preferences. That way you only see what you want, knowing that all forums are still available through the Forums link.

Dan
12-30-2005, 05:29 PM
Mary,

My suggestion was made because I feel that it will make the site a better site and that it will make the user interface design better for the end user.

It was not made because I don't know how to take advantage of the tricks and workarounds that the site software provides.

Thanks for trying to help. I appreciate it.

Best,

Dan