PDA

View Full Version : January Meet-Where At????

Marauderman
01-02-2006, 02:31 PM
Two weeks away--Jan.14th, 2006-- 12 noon--BUT WHERE!! It's time to start speaking about your lunch style favorite food place to eat and
meat (whoops)--

Anyway--hope all have had a nice two weeks of holiday fun and food and we can talk about it on the 14th----so speak up with your location desires for all to meat over-:lol:

Proudcop
01-04-2006, 05:09 AM
AHHHH your killing me, thats my duty weekend. Rats:mad2: :censor: :down: . I wish it could be on my weekend off but its its better when everyone can make it!

JCB

SC Cheesehead
01-04-2006, 07:35 AM
Two weeks away--Jan.14th, 2006-- 12 noon--BUT WHERE!! It's time to start speaking about your lunch style favorite food place to eat and
meat (whoops)--

Anyway--hope all have had a nice two weeks of holiday fun and food and we can talk about it on the 14th----so speak up with your location desires for all to meat over-:lol:
Anybody up to trying Quaker Steak again, or are there other places that have car themes (Showmar's, etc.) that we could try out?

BTW, offer still holds for the pool party. If Agent brings his DTR Zamboni, we could all take rides, do ice burnouts...have us a time!:D

SCCH

Butch
01-05-2006, 06:42 PM
There is a Hot Rod show at the Greensboro Coliseum that weekend.

Anyone want to just meet up here and go to it?

Here is some info for it:
http://www.greensborocoliseum.com/calendar_details.cfm?id=271
-or-
http://www.southerndragracingandhotro dexpo.com/
NOTE: The above link is from last year. I don't know why Mr. Turner didn't have the webpage updated this year, but there are pics from the previous 3 years if you want to see the kind of stuff usually there.

Football is the only thing I have going on right now that may interfere with any real life I have (Go Steelers!), but I would be happy to meet up with everyone for a little while if you want to meet that Saturday morning.

fastblackmerc
01-05-2006, 06:50 PM
There is a Hot Rod show at the Greensboro Coliseum that weekend.

Anyone want to just meet up here and go to it?

Here is some info for it:
http://www.greensborocoliseum.com/calendar_details.cfm?id=271
-or-
http://www.southerndragracingandhotro dexpo.com/
NOTE: The above link is from last year. I don't know why Mr. Turner didn't have the webpage updated this year, but there are pics from the previous 3 years if you want to see the kind of stuff usually there.

Football is the only thing I have going on right now that may interfere with any real life I have (Go Steelers!), but I would be happy to meet up with everyone for a little while if you want to meet that Saturday morning.
I'm up for Greensboro.... half way tween Charlotte & Raleigh.... just right for us "northern Carolina Marauders".... me that is!

Agent M79
01-05-2006, 07:16 PM
Unable to commit as of this reading, but I wouldn't mind the car show angle.

Butch
01-06-2006, 05:35 AM
If everyone does agree to meet here in Greensboro, maybe we can all meet again at Smokey Bones, if everyone was pleased with that last time. If you didn't like it, speak up and I will think of something else.

I would like us to meet early (9am) for the car show, and then go to eat afterwards around 12:00.

Let me know what you think about the above....

fastblackmerc
01-06-2006, 06:27 AM
If everyone does agree to meet here in Greensboro, maybe we can all meet again at Smokey Bones, if everyone was pleased with that last time. If you didn't like it, speak up and I will think of something else.

I would like us to meet early (9am) for the car show, and then go to eat afterwards around 12:00.

Sounds good to me!

SC Cheesehead
01-06-2006, 07:23 AM

I'd like to attend, but meeting at 9:00 is a little early for me (It's about a 4 hr drive from GVL to GSO).

If any of the Charlotte guys want to go up, I'd like to caravan with them, just need a time and place to rendezvous.

SCCH

Butch
01-06-2006, 05:07 PM
We don't have to meet right at 9:00am, some of us could go ahead and head into the car show and others could meet up with us a little later. I usually walk through the show twice to make sure I didn't miss anything. I just need us to eat around 12:00 because I have some stuff to do later that afternoon.

Give me suggestions....I'm very open to them!

I'd like to attend, but meeting at 9:00 is a little early for me (It's about a 4 hr drive from GVL to GSO).

If any of the Charlotte guys want to go up, I'd like to caravan with them, just need a time and place to rendezvous.

SCCH

SC Cheesehead
01-08-2006, 08:12 PM
We don't have to meet right at 9:00am, some of us could go ahead and head into the car show and others could meet up with us a little later. I usually walk through the show twice to make sure I didn't miss anything. I just need us to eat around 12:00 because I have some stuff to do later that afternoon.

Give me suggestions....I'm very open to them!

That'll work for me. Anybody from the "Charlotte Gang" got plans, ideas, suggestions, whatever :confused:

SCCH

Proudcop
01-09-2006, 05:31 AM
Butch, wheres Smokey Bones at? Im on duty but maybe can swing over there!

JCB

Butch
01-09-2006, 05:45 AM
Smokey Bones is on High Point Road, between Darryls and Auto Bell Car Wash.

Let me know if you need me to be more specific.

frdwrnch
01-09-2006, 09:31 AM
Sorry Guys, We'll have to miss this one. Going to Hilton Head That weekend. I'll be in touch, hope to see y'all soon.

Agent M79
01-09-2006, 09:46 AM
I am out too. I am primary this coming weekend and already have things on the weekend list to do.

Sorry. Couldn't have met even if it were local this time.

Happy New Year everyone!

SC Cheesehead
01-09-2006, 10:42 AM
I am out too. I am primary this coming weekend and already have things on the weekend list to do.

Sorry. Couldn't have met even if it were local this time.

Happy New Year everyone!

dok, Marauderman, are you guys up for a roadtrip? Let me know.

SCCH

Marauderman
01-10-2006, 05:52 PM
Well It's nice to check back and see we are having a good discussing on all this---too bad some of us can't make a meet--I may be one as well--

I am currently having my new secret item -- a NEW accellerator (well- there went the secret--) being made at CPRACING ----was hoping to have it installed this Saturday morning to show at a local meet---and if the new piece turns out as expected---I will show all on this board as a new functional piece over that stupid OEM one they gave us --that OEM one is way to narrow and allows to much access between it and the tranny housing--BAD--anyway----been working on this awhile---anyway--this G-boro thing sounds nice--love streatching those 430's--it's quite awsome in 4th gear guys---unreal--

If---And its a big IF-- If I can get the new piece -..and-- if the weather is good...and all by a reasonable time so we can get there in time--we may be able to make it--..so --

This "new " gas pedal is not only cause its' whats needed--it's for two other reasons as well-- one is cause my tendions behind by right knee are a bit torn and this makes it a bit easier to drive the beast--and we're heading to Fla end of Month for a week---oh yeah--yes Fla. --will cover this on another thread ..hope to see some members while passing thru--

I am hoping for good weather this Saturday----that is best for us all-----stay tuned........Tom

Butch
01-10-2006, 06:10 PM
Well, if anyone thinks that they will make it up here on Saturday, the best thing to do that morning would be to call me on my cell phone and let me know you are on the way so I can plan on meeting up with you at the Greensboro Coliseum.

Was hoping more would be able to make it, but I totally understand how it is. Kind of hard to make those road trips and still make it back home for other things.

PM or e-mail me if you want my cell #.

Later!

Marauderman
01-10-2006, 07:25 PM
Well, if anyone thinks that they will make it up here on Saturday, the best thing to do that morning would be to call me on my cell phone and let me know you are on the way so I can plan on meeting up with you at the Greensboro Coliseum.

Was hoping more would be able to make it, but I totally understand how it is. Kind of hard to make those road trips and still make it back home for other things.

PM or e-mail me if you want my cell #.

Later!
Thanks Butch--Know what you mean--hoping something can be worked out---love to come up---I already have your numbers --thanks---

Butch
01-11-2006, 05:49 AM
Make sure you have my correct cell #. It was changed about a year and a half ago, and I'm not sure if I updated you guys with it.

It ends with 4392.

Hope it works out for ya. Tell everyone at CP I said "Hi".

I drove my MM for the first time in about 4 weeks yesterday. Been trying to keep as many miles off it as I can. Was fun getting it back on the road!

I'm getting ready to put my Mustang back on the road now. Hope to get it rolling by the end of the month. Want to get working on it, but need to be able to get it places "legally" so I can do some stuff to it.

Later!

Thanks Butch--Know what you mean--hoping something can be worked out---love to come up---I already have your numbers --thanks---

dok
01-11-2006, 10:57 AM
Sorry I haven't checked in sooner. We have had 3 different sets of company since before Christmas and the last of them just left.

We won't be able to make it Saturday as we have so much to catch up on around the house.

Hope to see everyone in February.

SC Cheesehead
01-12-2006, 07:34 PM

Marauderman,

Let me know if you can make it Saturday. If you can, it looks like it would just be the two us us making the run up to Greensboro.

SCCH

SC Cheesehead
01-13-2006, 01:11 PM
Marauderman,

Let me know if you can make it Saturday. If you can, it looks like it would just be the two us us making the run up to Greensboro.

SCCH

Marauderman, Butch:

I've got to pass on this Saturday. Ms. Cheesehead has decided there are some "honey-do's" that HAVE to get done this weekend.:rolleyes:

Let me know what's up for February and we'll try to make that meeting.

SCCH

Marauderman
01-14-2006, 07:35 AM
Well - I just spoke with BUTCH and apparently he will be the only one at the car show--I can't make it either--but he and I had a great talk --maybe a conference call for us all one day--:lol:-- if we can't get together--just J/K'n--

Hope all have a great weekend with your plans and maybe we can do something next month--- hope to meet up with that Silver MM owner next week at work--- stay tuned folks--- Tom

fastblackmerc
01-14-2006, 11:04 AM
Sorry I couldn't make it either. Spent the last week in Richmond, Va. working at Capital One "what's in your wallet", so now I have to take care of business at home this weekend......