PDA

View Full Version : Mercurymarauder.net Accepting Donations.

Logan
04-08-2003, 06:51 AM
You may have noticed the recent addition of a DONATIONS box on the front page of this site. Mercurymarauder.net is run by two guy's. Me, and my trusty sidekick LML. The site is approximately 50% dependant on my pocket book to operate every month. We do have a number of vendors and advertisers, but the contributions made by them cover about 25% of the actual costs of the site.

With the ever increasing load on the site, it continually gets more expensive to operate as bandwidth usage climbs and server space gets used. This stuff costs moola. For example, in the past 60 days, our bandwidth usage has tripled due to the increased userload and more and more people discovering the site. As much as I'd like to pay for it all, It's simply not an option. My kids need to go to university one day. :)

As a result, I am now making available the option to make donations to the website. Not to me. To the website. All funds donated are reserved for website monthly operations and upgrades to the software (Which isn't free either).

I want to stress that you do NOT HAVE to make a donation, and no one will look down on you for not doing so. What I'm saying, is, if you appreciate the website and WANT to contribute, you have the option to now, rather conveniently, through a button on the main page of the site in the upper right hand corner.

How much to contribute? That's up to you. $1, $5, $20, $8000... :) Any contribution is appreciated.

The donations are handled through paypal.com and are 100% secure. Payments can be from your checking account or from any major credit card.

Those who contribute $20 or over will be recognized by having their forum titles changed to "Contributing Member"

Again, I'll say this one last time. Contributions will NEVER be required and the forums will NOT become a paid membership site. This is simply an effort on my part to start weaning the sites hold on my personal bank account.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to email me directly at logan@mercurymarauder.net

Those who wish who prefer to send money orders or checks, please feel free to PM or email me for the mailing address.

mad man
04-08-2003, 12:13 PM
Thanks logan you should already have money:)

hd2805
04-08-2003, 12:33 PM
In a nutshell, anyone who buys a MM should be able to pay a small monthly or yearly fee for the great info received from this site... If not, than perhaps they should have bought a Neon or such..
I enjoy looking at these posts almost daily and have received enough good information from it and it's member's to make it a great bang for the buck... Let's belly up to the bar guys and have Logan charge a reasonable fee and keep this site going... I've owned quite a few "special interest" cars over the years and have never see a website that was so dedicated to it's product... Case closed..

Slowpoke
04-08-2003, 01:11 PM
even though I will have a newborn shortly, Logan let me peddle the Marauder Pens and Pads here on his site.

I, too, will kick in some bucks for bandwidth.

martyo
04-08-2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Logan
You may have noticed the recent addition of a [B]DONATIONS box on the front page of this site. As much as I'd like to pay for it all, It's simply not an option. My kids need to go to university one day. :)

YEAH, LOOK WHAT HAPPENED TO RF AFTER HE SPENT HIS ATIVE YEARS HANGING OUT IN THE BACK OF THE CLASS!!!!

Payments can be from ... any major credit card.

CAN WE USE RF's CREDIT CARDS THEN?

All kidding aside Logan, your site encouraged me to the buy the car in the first place. I have made a lot of friends here in just a few months. And, I have learned a lot that spared me money wasting learning on my own. I am pleased to contribute. Take some of the money and go out for dinner and drinks with LML on us (OK, no drinks for LML he is STILL too damn young!!)

Thanks again Logan!!![COLOR=red][COLOR=red]

NickLee
04-08-2003, 02:09 PM
Count me in. Check is in mail.

Ray Snyder
04-08-2003, 02:44 PM
Done.

LincMercLover
04-08-2003, 06:09 PM
Hey, you know you can expect help from me buddy! Anyone who puts faith in a 18 year old kid to help run a site and learn a few things along the way is REALLY someone. You da man L! :up:

DLoreanMARAUDER
04-08-2003, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by martyo
All kidding aside Logan, your site encouraged me to the buy the car in the first place. I have made a lot of friends here in just a few months. And, I have learned a lot that spared me money wasting learning on my own. I am pleased to contribute. Take some of the money and go out for dinner and drinks with LML on us (OK, no drinks for LML he is STILL too damn young!!)

Thanks again Logan!!

Took the words right out of my mouth Marty (but better said):)

I've owned quite a few cars in the past 3 years but i've never been apart of a such a tight community and accepted as "one of you" dispite my age. I am happy to send some money to one KICK A$$ site

WolfeBros
04-08-2003, 10:12 PM
Take some of the money and go out for dinner and drinks with LML on us.

Hell it was LML that drove him to drink. :D :lol:

mmm.....Screwed that quote up somehow......pass the Jack Daniels please.

Edited by LML to look right.

Murader03
04-08-2003, 10:29 PM
Done via Paypal yesterday!

Thanks for a great site!

bchapman
04-09-2003, 02:39 AM
Thank you for a wonderful job, Logan.

CRUZTAKER
04-09-2003, 05:31 AM
:up:

LincMercLover
04-09-2003, 06:36 AM
Take some of the money and go out for dinner and drinks with LML on us (OK, no drinks for LML he is STILL too damn young!!)

One of these days I'm sure him and I will go out clinking glasses, laughing about all RF's posts and contemplating more ways to make him think everyone really likes him. :lol:

MN6
04-09-2003, 08:58 AM
Logan, as is typically said, "The Check is really in the Mail", Take some of the cash and treat you and your wife to a night out away from the kids (not the site of course). I am sure keeping the site going has lead to more than one "Bedroom Discussion" .

Thanks for all your efforts

:D

judntude
04-09-2003, 09:50 AM
Thanks, glad to help

darebren
04-09-2003, 04:39 PM
I'll chip in, I mentioned it ealier, glad you took the bait. can you break a $5 spot? just kidding. as i try to figure out this paypal thingy.

Here's an idea to consider. if you were to obtain little transparent stickers or window decals (like the ones when you get your oil changed) that said MercuryMarauder.Net or something like that, you could give them to paid members (no obligation to pay), but that way we would have something to show our loyalty to this site...no other site will come along I'm sure, you have the market cornered. Might cost you $1.00 each for the sticker, but you'd still make money on the donations.

Logan
04-09-2003, 05:00 PM
Darebren.... Shhhhhhhhhh, you'll spoil the surprise dang it... :)

Slowpoke
04-09-2003, 05:05 PM
damn - I already printed up some window decals! I think I even posted the image in the gallery so anyone could do the same. I sent some money via paypal anyway-I wasn't looking for anything in return.

MMM2003
04-09-2003, 05:20 PM
Donation is on its way.
Thanks Logan and LML!

nomad
04-09-2003, 07:54 PM
Done. You need more, just say the word.:)

MI2QWK4U
04-10-2003, 03:44 PM
Like others have already said, this site has helped me out so much. Its great walking into the service department with a problem or two, and give the guy the printout of the diagnosis from the postings here. Shoot...I didn't make up my mind to get seriously consider buying a marauder until I had lurked here for a couple weeks. Then it was an easy choice to make and I bought one and love it....so thanks Logan for all you do and I will be happy to pitch in and help keep this site going.

Patrick
04-10-2003, 06:48 PM
I dont see American Express as an option?? I got into a bind with Credit cards . And the Folks need help after the raised thier health care prices and , leave it at that! I want to help but I cant at this point and time! Thank you Logan for your gift to us!1

grzellmer
04-10-2003, 08:54 PM
Sent contribution via Paypal.

Worth every penny.

Thanks Logan, (And his trusty sidekick, LML)

studio460
04-10-2003, 09:45 PM
Logan:

Sent you a check via USPS on Wednesday (04-09-03)--you should have it any day now. Thanks to you, LML, and all the rest for creating a great site!

Patrick
04-15-2003, 01:45 AM
Please send me PM!

sprtyworty
05-26-2003, 06:44 AM
Sent via Paypal. Giving back some of the money I saved by having this informative site at my disposal. Great job Logan!

jgc61sr2002
05-26-2003, 07:00 AM
Sent a check last week. Logan thanks for this wonderful site and keep up the good work.

troopcar
05-28-2003, 08:37 AM
Sent contribution thru PayPal. This site is friendly, funny, and very informative. Haven't made many posts yet, but I've read lots of them. Took delivery of my MM 300Beast on 05/01/03. Having this car AND this site -- how can I go wrong! Thanks for all your work making this a terrific site.

Logan
05-28-2003, 08:38 AM
You're welcome, and thanks for your support!

TripleTransAm
05-28-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Logan
You're welcome, and thanks for your support!

Support is the name of a two-way street. The amount of info and support I've received on the various issues that have plagued my MM over the past two months more than justifies my donation from a few months ago.

robotek911
06-18-2003, 10:10 PM
Thanks for the great site Logan!!! If your ever in the Kansas City area, give me a shout!!!!

SILVERMARAUDER
07-13-2003, 09:55 PM
PAY PAL SENT GREAT JOB LOVE THE SIGHT!!! AND DITTO ON THE COMMENT LEFT BY hd2805 :In a nutshell, anyone who buys a MM should be able to pay a small monthly or yearly fee for the great info received from this site... If not, than perhaps they should have bought a Neon or such..
I enjoy looking at these posts almost daily and have received enough good information from it and it's member's to make it a great bang for the buck... Let's belly up to the bar guys and have Logan charge a reasonable fee and keep this site going... I've owned quite a few "special interest" cars over the years and have never see a website that was so dedicated to it's product... Case closed..

Logan
07-14-2003, 05:47 AM
Thanks for the comments silver!..

chapel1
07-21-2003, 05:10 PM
As a member since 6/26/02 I'm very happy to be honared as contributing member!

Glenn
07-21-2003, 07:11 PM
Did you receive my $25.00 donation through palpay I sent this past weekend?

Glenn

Logan
07-21-2003, 07:15 PM
Yep, sure did. Your account has been updated. Thanks for your support.

ParkRanger
07-22-2003, 03:16 PM
Paypal'd you today. Great format for casual and tech info. Keep up the good work.

PR