PDA

View Full Version : Logging in

1stMerc
01-04-2006, 08:05 PM
Is anyone else having a problem with having to constantly log in if you spend too much time in one place and go back or trying to reply to a pm?

MM03MOK
01-04-2006, 08:08 PM
Is anyone else having a problem with having to constantly log in if you spend too much time in one place and go back or trying to reply to a pm?The system times out after 20 minutes. Make sure when you log in, you check off "remember me" or whatever it says.

1stMerc
01-04-2006, 08:39 PM
The system times out after 20 minutes. Make sure when you log in, you check off "remember me" or whatever it says.

I do and have done that several times since the upgrades, but still the same thing. Is this going to be a permanent condition?

MM03MOK
01-04-2006, 08:40 PM
I do and have done that several times since the upgrades, but still the same thing. Is this going to be a permanent condition?Check your cookie settings? Something isn't sticking. Or your Privacy settings. Mine's on "Custom" and mercurymarauder.net is added to the "always allow" list.

Agent M79
01-04-2006, 08:43 PM
In the past, I have found 2 things help that particular symptom.

1st, clear all of your cookies. If you can, just ones related to mm.net.

2nd, make sure your favorite/bookmark or your entered URL takes you to www.mercurymarauder.net (http://www.mercurymarauder.net) and NOT '.com'.

Donny Carlson
01-04-2006, 09:05 PM
1st, clear all of your cookies.

That takes me about 48 hours. Any suggestions?:D

Agent M79
01-04-2006, 09:11 PM
That takes me about 48 hours. Any suggestions?:D

My goodness! Dr. Agent says that long transit times are a known factor for increase in probability of colon cancer. Dr. Agent recommends more fiber and perhaps to start things out, some low yield explosives.

Donny Carlson
01-04-2006, 09:32 PM
My goodness! Dr. Agent says that long transit times are a known factor for increase in probability of colon cancer. Dr. Agent recommends more fiber and perhaps to start things out, some low yield explosives.

There's already explosions from one end. Am I correct in assuming I need to set charges further up the line? Would inserting an igniter further up suffice?

Does this require setting out warning flags and marking the perimeter with black and yellow saftey tape?

1stMerc
01-04-2006, 09:57 PM
In the past, I have found 2 things help that particular symptom.

1st, clear all of your cookies. If you can, just ones related to mm.net.

2nd, make sure your favorite/bookmark or your entered URL takes you to www.mercurymarauder.net (http://www.mercurymarauder.net) and NOT '.com'.

I've already cleared all of my cookies (couple of times) and history and rebooted since the upgrades to no avail. I've type in the site at the address bar, and the site comes up as mentioned. After i login i click on the remember me button. After i type in my response to a pm and hit send, or go to a link off a thread it prompts me to log in again.
I thought about reregistering but don't want to have to create another account

MM03MOK
01-04-2006, 10:09 PM
What about your Privacy settings? Mine's set up to block all cookies except for a specific list, which includes this site.

Using MS Internet Explorer (may vary depending on version)
>>Tools
>>Internet Options
>>Privacy tab

ghost03
01-05-2006, 01:17 PM
Im having the same problem. it started when MM.net went through the upgrade. Ive deleted all cookies and still having the same problem. It get pretty annoying after a while.:mad2:

fastblackmerc
01-05-2006, 01:43 PM
Haven't had any problems before or after the upgrade.

jgc61sr2002
01-05-2006, 05:27 PM
Had a problem once, but Mary helped me out.:D Thanks Mary.

1stMerc
01-05-2006, 09:15 PM
What about your Privacy settings? Mine's set up to block all cookies except for a specific list, which includes this site.

Using MS Internet Explorer (may vary depending on version)
>>Tools
>>Internet Options
>>Privacy tab
I've already done that. Prior to the upgrade i never had any problem. Login was automatic, just click on link from subscribed thread an boom i'm there no typing of user name or password. When done just logged out. Only thing that changed happened with the upgrade, everything set as it was when i joined the site back early last year.

Agent M79
01-05-2006, 09:38 PM
1stmerc, sorry, I am tapped for suggestions.