PDA

View Full Version : D/FW get-together

cruzer
04-10-2003, 08:29 PM
I'm just wondering if there are enough Marauders in the D/FW Metroplex to make an informal get-together worthwhile. If anyone is interested, send me a PM at nc32515@aol.com. With good weather around the corner, a meeting could be a pleasant week-end afternoon. Hope to meet you soon, Maury

WolfeBros
04-10-2003, 08:54 PM
I would be interested. :up:

cruzer
04-11-2003, 09:20 PM
Wolfe, well, that's you and me--get in touch and we'll get together---by theway, I spotted a MM at the intersection of Hurstview and Mid-Cities headed West at about 8:10 AM today in Hurst--was it anybody on the site ?? I am sure there are at least ten MMs in the Fort Worth area---where are they ????

engine23ccvfd
04-14-2003, 07:00 AM
Hey Cruzer,

If you give enough lead time on the planned meet some of the Houston guys maybe ready for some spring driving. Havent been to big D in years. I dont kow where you all live but a nice stop off at the Waffle House in Ennis is a fav of mine while travelling the 45 corridor.

Stay Safe

Andy

golfnut
04-14-2003, 12:44 PM
I am interested. Lets set it up.

Cruzer,
My Dad said he has seen you over in mid cities area a couple times. Said it was the only one besides mine he has seen. It might be the other one you have seen though. He lives in NRH. I live out near Burleson.

cruzer
04-14-2003, 09:11 PM
Glad you fellows are interested--this is an individual thing with me--no "club" ideas--just a few folks with similar interests having a meal together and shooting the breeze--The "real" MM group is meeting with the Lone Star Cougar group every 2nd Thursday at 6 PM at John Eagle LM near Love Field--so far I'm the only one other than Logan--nice group, drop in. golfnut, Ive had the car 2 weeks and have 1,000 local miles on it ---so it is on the local roads quite a bit--can't miss me---American flags on both c-pillars. Engine, I know the place --if we get enough interest---say 6 or more, maybe we can set it up--be glad to coordinate--Wolfe, send me a PM and we can get together soon--need some advice. See you soon, Maury

Racerx88
04-16-2003, 11:32 AM
Set a date and time, I'll try to make it. Weekend would be best for me.

Scott
04-17-2003, 09:14 PM
Another NRH Maurader here. I'll watch the thread and see if a plan comes together.

cruzer
04-17-2003, 09:26 PM
Good to hear from you Scott and Racer--looks like we are about to get a quorum--after Easter , I think we should make plans for early May get together--if it's not too inconvenient , we could meet with the Houston gang in Ennis--let me know your thoughts. Enjoy your families this week-end--hope to see you soon--oh yes, Scott, any way I can spot your car--I'm in NRH at least once a day. Maury

Racerx88
04-18-2003, 06:49 AM
Ennis sounds good to me.

WolfeBros
04-18-2003, 07:11 AM
Sounds like a plan is coming together. "Men in Black" ehh ?
Of course Blue, Silver and Red would be welcome. :D

mungce
04-18-2003, 12:52 PM
...its been awhile since I checked in at MM net, so has this thing been set up, or is this part of the Cougar/MM Club meeting ? Either way, I am surley intrested.

Jim Williams
Ft.Worth, Tx

WolfeBros
04-18-2003, 08:36 PM
Jim,
So far we are just expressing the interest. I for one would like to keep a group of the DFW Marauders together. It is a neat car and some neat people. It can be a part of the Cougar club but does not have to be. Those folk and of course Logan are pretty nice as well. The Cougar/MM would be great if the MM people would show up. The night I was there I was the only MM.

Racerx88
04-19-2003, 08:55 AM
I'd show up if the meetings just were'nt during the week. Just no way for me to get to the Love Field area after work at that time.

Scott
04-19-2003, 11:37 PM
It's amazing how the some of the most active on this site are here in the DFW area. Not suprising now that I had to go to Alabama to get my car. Cruzer......my car is exterior stock except for the tint. Her and I are all over the area all the time. Honk...

CRUZTAKER
04-20-2003, 05:00 AM
Deleted for innapropriate content by cruztaker.

Apologies are in order.

Racerx88
04-20-2003, 06:10 PM
With comments like that, no wonder no one was nice to you.
Flame away buddy.

WolfeBros
04-20-2003, 10:27 PM
Cruz,
I have been here for 15 years and have never heard a bad comment from a visitor here before. The people that fly in here to deal with me business wise and personally have always enjoyed coming here. I am glad you enjoyed your visit with me but am dismayed over your strong comments against our state. I find people from Texas to be as friendly and laid back as any I have met anywhere. Most from down this way are proud of the state and would not take kindly to your opinion although most would agree that you are entitled to it. I am disappointed that you would come in this post and voice your strong displeasure to the people of this board that live and work here that had nothing to do with your bad visit.

You and I get along ok in person and on this board so you got to speak your peace and I got my .02 in. Lets move on from here.

golfnut
04-22-2003, 09:34 AM
Cruz,

I agree with wolfe in the fact that you are welcome to have your opinion, but you have taken it too far. I think Logan probobly wouldnt like what I really want to say, but just know that your words are not taken lightly or as a joke. This was the wrong place to do it. Any questions or comments, pm me.

Justin

amedd50
04-22-2003, 10:12 AM
I would be interested in a meet if it was on a weekend. Also, Cruz, I have been all over the states and the world and I can tell you from experience that there are bad folks everywhere. But to group everyone together is not good, nor does it lead to friendships.

mungce
04-22-2003, 10:38 AM
I am good to go most any time. I would need a week lead in though.

Jim Williams
Ft.Worth,Tx

Ray Snyder
04-22-2003, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by cruzer
I'm just wondering if there are enough Marauders in the D/FW Metroplex to make an informal get-together worthwhile. If anyone is interested, send me a PM at nc32515@aol.com. With good weather around the corner, a meeting could be a pleasant week-end afternoon. Hope to meet you soon, Maury

Let me know when, I'll try a road trip.

DallasCV
04-22-2003, 02:29 PM
Well I'll be going to this car show.

http://gasolinealleycarshows.com/

Just click on the shows link and click on the clubhouse.
The FordTruckWorld club is attending. I'll be there in my Red F150 Reg Cab Flareside.

Should be a good time.

And I've been here since 78 and Texas is great with lots of great people and Mexicans are great and proud people. So what is your point?

cruzer
04-22-2003, 08:45 PM
I'm Back---had a great Easter with the kids and grandkids--now to plan more fun. We need to know:
Saturday or Sunday ?
Morning or afternoon?
Location?
PM or e-mail me at nc32515@aol.com
I'm busy the 4th,10th and 17th--can get out of all but 4th, Maury

cruzer
05-05-2003, 09:09 PM
Hey Fellows, the MM meeting with the Cougar club is this Thursday at John Eagle L/M near Love Field from 6:30-8:00 PM inside , then out to the lot for BS. Would be nice if a bunch of us showed up and got to know each other. How 'bout it Sam,golfnut, Scott, mungce and Racer (Know your MM is in the shop, but, hope you have other wheels) Would like to make plans to get together with the Houston group if we can. See you there ?????, Maury

Scott
05-05-2003, 09:28 PM
That would figure.......

Can't be there but wish I could. And as much as I am at Love picking up my wife. You guys have fun and start planning a repeat.

By the way...what is John Eagle L/M

mungce
05-06-2003, 04:03 AM
I will do my best to get over there. Just got my MM out of the body shop; got dinged up a bit when we had all that ice. Body shop guy told me that MM parts are the most expensive that Ford has ! I got 3 new wheels, and he told me they were over $550 each at their cost.

Jim Williams
Ft.Worth, Tx

golfnut
05-06-2003, 06:20 AM
Wish I could also. We are in the painful process of buying a house and that night we are signing the contract. I am still up for a weekend get together.

Justin

cruzer
05-06-2003, 08:36 PM
John Eagle Lincoln/Mercury dealership is our host and a great one --really makes us feel welcome--Pizza at 6:00 PM--see you there, Maury

mungce
05-07-2003, 04:14 AM
Hope to be there, if not this meet, for sure the next.

Jim Williams
Ft.Worth, Tx

phil
05-07-2003, 07:37 PM
hey looking for a club in the dfw area,just bought mine 2 weeks ago ,so where are they meeting at, please e mail me thanks feigel@sbcglobal.net phil:help: ;)

WolfeBros
05-07-2003, 07:53 PM
Darn, daughter has a softball game at 6:30 Thursday night or I would be there. We need to get this DFW group moving. If the game gets rained out or cancelled......I will be there.

phil
05-07-2003, 08:14 PM
hey thanks but be there where thanks phil, ps im so close

WolfeBros
05-07-2003, 09:30 PM
Phil, The DFW Cougar / Marauder Club meets at John Eagle Lincoln Mercury tomorrow night 5/8 from 6:30 - 8:00. They are on Lemmon ave over by Love Field. Very easy to find. Folks there are nice and would be glad to see you. Sorry I can not make it tomorrow. Find Logan and introduce yourself. He is normally there.

mungce
05-08-2003, 03:57 AM
Wish I could show, but I'm gonna be out of town this week end. See ya all next meet !

Jim Williams
Ft. Worth, Tx

cruzer
05-16-2003, 09:16 PM
If you can , try to get to the Cougar Club show this Sunday (18th) 9-3 pm in the Sym's lot on Lemmon--a good chance to meet and help a worthy cause--hope to see you there, Maury

mungce
06-01-2003, 07:25 AM
...........it happens to us all, we some times have this knee jerk reaction to some thing on the net, reply, everything goes to the crapper, and your wondering just what did you did ?.................been there, done that...............

mungce
Ft.Worth, Tx