PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky Bourbon Meet - Itinerary Posted! Headcount Needed

MM2004
01-18-2006, 01:58 PM
Well Folks,

I have been working extensively on setting up a plan for everyone who decides to come to the Bluegrass for some sight seeing and bourbon tasting.

Special thanks to Dan and Mary for their continued input and support. :cool4:

So far, 18 people have cast their vote as participating in this event. :banana:

The list of people coming are:
Bigdogjim,
CRUZTAKER,
Dark_Knight7096
Embassy
Hack Goby
Haggis
Hawkszone
KillJoy149
mailman
MERCMAN
MM03MOK
MM2004
SergntMac
TripleG
Zack
This post will be updated as more commit
Nine people are still debating. :poke: :D

The meet is scheduled for March 24th - March 26th in Louisville as posted here -> http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=23985

Now the serious part,..

I have called Holiday Inn Hotel to find out the Mid-America Truck Show is being held in Louisville all week prior to our meet.

This means that Friday March 24th, room rates will be $119.00 for a Single King for Friday night only. The rate is then reduced to $79.00 for Saturday night (Corporate Account Applied ).

This Hotel has security cameras, Guard walking the beat, and was promised they would "section off" our MM's to keep them out of possible harms way. :cool:
Rooms can be coordinated where we can overlook our cars as well.

Hampton Inn was contacted (now Ramada Inn) and was told their rate would be $69.00 per night for a Single King. They do not have any form of security in their lot. :(

Both Hotels are in a preferable part of town with low crime. There are occurrences I'm sure, but not on a high frequency.

Now is where your :help: is needed.

Holiday Inn or Ramada?

I have one week guaranteed rates at Holiday Inn, and must reserve the rooms by that time. I can "block" as many rooms as needed, and will then be provided with a link that everyone can click a few times and will reserved for their room. Guaranteed! We can expect all Hotels to be filling up and need to act fast! :burnout:

Come on Guys and Gals. Let's do this.

I vote Holiday Inn for the added security and comfort of knowing our MM's will be watched over.

Get those replies to me, while I ask Dan to "sticky" this thread.

WooHoo! I'm gettin' thirsty. Aren't you? :drool:

Mike.

Zack
01-18-2006, 02:27 PM
I work at the Holiday Inn on Weekends, let me see what I can do for us.
Please give me the particulars on this holiday Inn in mind.

MM2004
01-18-2006, 02:32 PM
I work at the Holiday Inn on Weekends, let me see what I can do for us.
Please give me the particulars on this holiday Inn in mind.

Cool Zack! PM on it's way.

Mike.

KillJoy
01-18-2006, 02:39 PM
Count me in for a Friday Night and a Saturday Night at either, in a King Room!

We could hit the Ramada and take shifts partolling the lot :D

KillJoy

MERCMAN
01-18-2006, 02:47 PM
Count me in for a Friday Night and a Saturday Night at either, in a King Room!

We could hit the Ramada and take shifts partolling the lot :D

KillJoy

That would depend on how much sampling of that fine KY bourbon is done, patrolling the lot might be difficult without handrails :rofl:

KillJoy
01-18-2006, 02:55 PM
Patrolling..... sitting and "sampling"....you know....whatever:D

KillJoy

SergntMac
01-18-2006, 04:04 PM
First...Let me say thank you to Mike (MM2004) for all of his single handed preparation to this point. Gawd, the planning must be killing you, Mike.

Y'all...Not only do we need to help Mike with his present question, but to be ready to pitch in as the event date approaches, only 64 days left before 2006-1!

What matters to me, is that we are all together in one location. Take my word on this from my past experience in many Marauder.Net National meets, location, location, location. This does make a difference. Don't forget those FRS radios either, I've got a spare set available.

I like Hampton Inns, but they may not be active in "Looseville". I like Red Roof Inns too, but they may not be active in "Loosville". I have no problem with the extra rent for Friday at a Holiday Inn, which affects only those who plan on being arriving Friday.

I'm a "what ever it takes" kind of guy with this crap and I like everything accomplished by Mike so far, so, go with the Holiday Inn, Mike. We still have some daylight before this event, daylight where details could change before I need to sleep on Friday, March 24, 2006. I'm flexible, I'm sure most of y'all are flexible too.

What's important right now, is keeping communications up to date. I'm not sure a fresh thread was necessary here, but I have no problem with it. Mike did a real nice job of linking the two threads, and more threads (and polls) may be necessary as time passes. Just hang in there and subscribe to them, so we all stay up to date on the latest 411.

Mike, sent you a e-mail with my number.

See y'all soon..."T minus 64 days, and counting."

Gawd...20 some Marauders together again. Whoowhee, Baby, it's Spring!

MM2004
01-18-2006, 04:26 PM
First...Let me say thank you to Mike (MM2004) for all of his single handed preparation to this point. Gawd, the planning must be killing you, Mike.

Y'all...Not only do we need to help Mike with his present question, but to be ready to pitch in as the event date approaches, only 64 days left before 2006-1!

What matters to me, is that we are all together in one location. Take my word on this from my past experience in many Marauder.Net National meets, location, location, location. This does make a difference. Don't forget those FRS radios either, I've got a spare set available.

I like Hampton Inns, but they may not be active in "Looseville". I like Red Roof Inns too, but they may not be active in "Loosville". I have no problem with the extra rent for Friday at a Holiday Inn, which affects only those who plan on being arriving Friday.

I'm a "what ever it takes" kind of guy with this crap and I like everything accomplished by Mike so far, so, go with the Holiday Inn, Mike. We still have some daylight before this event, daylight where details could change before I need to sleep on Friday, March 24, 2006. I'm flexible, I'm sure most of y'all are flexible too.

What's important right now, is keeping communications up to date. I'm not sure a fresh thread was necessary here, but I have no problem with it. Mike did a real nice job of linking the two threads, and more threads (and polls) may be necessary as time passes. Just hang in there and subscribe to them, so we all stay up to date on the latest 411.

Mike, sent you a e-mail with my number.

See y'all soon..."T minus 64 days, and counting."

Gawd...20 some Marauders together again. Whoowhee, Baby, it's Spring!

Thanks for all the kind words Mac.

I cannot accept all of the credit.

Yourself, Dan, Mary, Zack, and BigJoeP have been assisting with this and deserve credit as well.

As a matter of fact, everyone planning to attend deserves a round of applause. Otherwise, this would not become a reality. :beer:

I don't mind the effort in planning this at all, but agree with you that we need to plan this Hotel quickly due to my oversight on the Truck Show and booking rooms way in advance.

Let's hear it Guys and Gals,..

Holiday Inn?

Uhem, Zack is working on a possible better rate. Let me know Zack.

Mike. :)

Zack
01-18-2006, 04:36 PM
I will inquire with the proper personnel in the morning and get back to the group.

CRUZTAKER
01-18-2006, 06:48 PM
I trust whatever you guys come up with.

Thanks Mike!!!

Thanks everyone, particularly Zack if you are able to pull some strings.;)

BTW: Don't worry about the attendance numbers. There are always last minute stragglers that surprise us the day of the meet.
It will be good no matter what.

KillJoy
01-18-2006, 07:02 PM
I'm good w/ Holiday Inn.

I have been asked how many spouses / girlfriends will be attending? My wife is wondering if she will be the only one?

KillJoy

mailman
01-18-2006, 07:27 PM
Holiday Inn is fine with me . Whatever the group wants. Thanks for al your work, Mike.

MM03MOK
01-18-2006, 07:54 PM
I'm good w/ Holiday Inn.

I have been asked how many spouses / girlfriends will be attending? My wife is wondering if she will be the only one?

KillJoyThat should be the next "poll" for a headcount for dinner, admission, etc. She won't be the only female! :bunny:

Big Joe P
01-18-2006, 07:58 PM
Maybe another pol for a total head count... ?

just 4 minutes behind... great minds think alike...

MM03MOK
01-18-2006, 08:04 PM
Maybe another pol for a total head count... ?

just 4 minutes behind... great minds think alike...:2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Bigdogjim
01-18-2006, 08:22 PM
BTW: Don't worry about the attendance numbers. There are always last minute stragglers that surprise us the day of the meet.

Does that mean I have post up if I am do this meet?:rolleyes:

MM2004
01-18-2006, 08:24 PM
:2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Let's get everyone to respond/commit on the hotel first. This is priority as time is critical in having a roof over our heads. :burnout:

Remember, Hotel rooms will be hard to come by within a very short period of time.

Let's not lose this opportunity. OK?

Exact number of rooms needed is a must.!!!!

Mike.

MM2004
01-18-2006, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by CRUZTAKER

Does that mean I have post up if I am do this meet?:rolleyes:

I would recommend posting and commiting by next Tuesday. My fears are that last minute decisions may not leave hotel rooms available for people unless they share a room? Remember, the Mid-America Truck Show will make rooms hard to come by very soon.

Mike.

Zack
01-19-2006, 11:20 AM
I tried to pull some strings for the group without success.
I cant even get my employee rate because the hotel is booked that weekend.
Sorry.

Rider90
01-19-2006, 11:24 AM
I hope everyone has a great time. I don't think I'll be attending as I'm already dedicated to one event this year, and I'm usually spontaneous and never know about anything for sure until a few days before the deadline. I talked to Dan about this, by the time of the event I'll already have a full time position on the Rescue Squad and will be making better money, so who knows. Til then I wish you all luck and this sounds like a great event.

Haggis
01-19-2006, 12:38 PM
I'm good w/ Holiday Inn.

KillJoy
Chris will be accompaning me, she is the designated driver. :drive:

Holiday Inn is fine do they have internet service? Wireless or dial up?

KillJoy
01-19-2006, 12:54 PM
That IS a good question....INTERNET!!!!

My wife may end up being the DD. She has never driven the MM though :)

She kinda HAS to be the DD. She will be 4-5 months pregnant at the time of the gathering!

KillJoy

MERCMAN
01-19-2006, 01:07 PM
I am bringing my S/O as well, she would never miss a chance to drive the MM.

That way I can sample and really enjoy the effects :up:

SergntMac
01-19-2006, 01:12 PM
Holiday Inn is fine with me, Mike, and if you have to make a change, it will be fine with me too.

Put me down for a single room, I am coming alone at this time, but may add a guest by then.

MM2004
01-19-2006, 01:41 PM
That IS a good question....INTERNET!!!!

My wife may end up being the DD. She has never driven the MM though :)

She kinda HAS to be the DD. She will be 4-5 months pregnant at the time of the gathering!

KillJoy

Thanks for inquiring about I-net. ;)

Just got off the phone with Holiday Inn, and was told High-Speed Wireless.

Woo-Hoo :burnout: :banana2:

Gottaluvit!

Mike.

KillJoy
01-19-2006, 01:47 PM
WAHOO! Drunk in a Hotel w/ High Speed Internet w/ a bunch of car guys! Who's gonna get talked into a supercharger!?!? :D

KillJoy

Hack Goby
01-19-2006, 05:42 PM
Holiday Inn works for me I will be there friday and Saturday.When I book my room do I say Im with the Marauder group?Also what are the rates for a double?:drink:

MERCMAN
01-19-2006, 05:46 PM
Hack, Mike is negotiating price with them right now. He will give you all the info as soon as everything is "locked in". Once the info goes up, please book ASAP because the rooms will go fast as there is a HUGE truck show that ends on Friday. As of this post we are anticipating as many as 19 MM owners to show. Whether or not that ends up being the final count,,,, well you know how that goes :)

Bigdogjim
01-19-2006, 06:02 PM
As of this post we are anticipating as many as 19 MM owners to show. Whether or not that ends up being the final count,,,, well you know how that goes :)

Does that count you and me as two each?:lol:

MM2004
01-19-2006, 07:07 PM
WAHOO! Drunk in a Hotel w/ High Speed Internet w/ a bunch of car guys! Who's gonna get talked into a supercharger!?!? :D

KillJoy

Don't drink :nono: !

We'll get the guys with S/Cer's hammered,...

I know of a great place we can test :burn: ,...

We can post vids on the board for them to download (High Speed) over coffee the next morning :lol: .

You got my back?

KillJoy
01-19-2006, 07:15 PM
Sounds good to me!:D

:beer:

KillJoy

MERCMAN
01-20-2006, 08:12 AM
Keep checking the first post of this thread. Updates on those attending will be posted as they commit:up:

KillJoy
01-20-2006, 08:16 AM
Should we go ahead and call to reserve our rooms?

What is the hotel's number?

Do we tell them we are part of a group?

KillJoy

MERCMAN
01-20-2006, 08:47 AM
Should we go ahead and call to reserve our rooms?

What is the hotel's number?

Do we tell them we are part of a group?

KillJoy

See post #28 please!

SergntMac
01-20-2006, 09:57 AM
Sounds like I'm packing extra tires afterall...

Bigdogjim
01-20-2006, 04:36 PM
See post #28 please!

Well I check # 28? Now what? Tents?

Embassy
01-20-2006, 05:12 PM
I will not be staying at the Hotel No-tell, but I plan to participate in some of the events that weekend.

KillJoy
01-20-2006, 07:32 PM
Which Holiday Inn are we staying at?

KillJoy

Rider90
01-20-2006, 07:45 PM
The one Chingy stays at?

Bigdogjim
01-20-2006, 08:48 PM
Which Holiday Inn are we staying at? KillJoy

The one with the tents in the parking lot!

SergntMac
01-21-2006, 06:09 AM
Which Holiday Inn are we staying at?

KillJoy Here, I think. At least that what I'm told.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/6c/1/en/hd/sdfea?irs=y

MM2004
01-21-2006, 06:40 AM
Attention!!..

This itinerary is subject to change although most likely not by that much.

We still need people to post here if they want a roof over their heads.
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=24164

I have to call the hotel Wednesday morning with a solid number of rooms needed, so get your replies in there by Tuesday the latest.

Dan,

Please make this a sticky and start another poll on this thread as we now need an exact head count so I can proceed with restaurant reservations?

Listen up everyone,...:director:

This is a robust and somewhat aggressive schedule that will have us busy for the entire weekend. :burnout:

An extensive amount of hours have been put into this between Dan, Mary and myself.

Not forgetting Mac and JoeP, for their ideas, generosity and eagerness to help at a moments notice.:high5:

Now for the :soapbox: ...

We need those replies in as soon as possible so that we are locked into the Hotel, Restaurants and Tours.

We need your input in order for this meet to be a huge success and to go down in the record books as a memorable, positive gathering.

If you are still undecided or have not answered the poll, do so this weekend. Any information we need in the future, please reply quickly so we can kick back and relax a little.

Enjoy the attachment and thank you!,...

Mike.

SergntMac
01-21-2006, 06:56 AM
Yep, that's busy. I love it. Nice work, my friend. Thank you for stepping up to the plate. I may not make the Sunday events, we'll have to see what happens with my schedule.

I would like to suggest that if BigJoeP does make any special arrangements for us, we need to make that event a priority, possibly move it center stage?

Thank you to BigJoe as well.

MM03MOK
01-21-2006, 08:10 AM
Here, I think. At least that what I'm told.

Thanks, Mac.

Please use this Holiday Inn (ichotelsgroup) link to get the following rates, for as long as they'll last.

Best-4-Breakfast
$89.90 1 King Bed Terrace Wing Non-Smoking
$89.90 2 Dbl Beds Terrace Wing Non-Smoking

MM03MOK
01-21-2006, 09:02 AM
A little housecleaning here. Merged the Itinerary into this thread to help focus us on the latest updates.

MM2004
01-21-2006, 09:04 AM
I am,...

Thanks Mary!

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/2/9/8/9/BourbonBottle.jpg

MERCMAN
01-21-2006, 09:13 AM
Hey mike!! a two fisted drinker and a 2 computer man eh?

MM2004
01-21-2006, 09:36 AM
Hey mike!! a two fisted drinker and a 2 computer man eh?

Hehehe! I need more arms :D .

Mike.

MERCMAN
01-21-2006, 09:41 AM
bumping this thread, a poll has been added for a headcount, please vote in it

MM03MOK
01-21-2006, 09:46 AM
*** Please do not use the first "yahoo" hotel link Dan PM'd you. ***

Please use the link in this thread. The 89.90 rate is still available - "Best Available" - "Best-4 Breakfast."

CRUZTAKER
01-21-2006, 09:49 AM
The rates are still good on BUNNY's link.

Should we start booking?????

EDIT:

I am booked!!!!

Can't wait to see everyone!

MM03MOK
01-21-2006, 09:50 AM
The rates are still good on BUNNY's link.

Should we start booking?????Yes....ASAP!!

SergntMac
01-21-2006, 11:03 AM
Ditto...Booked. And I sent the link out to friends too.

MM03MOK
01-21-2006, 11:06 AM
Ditto...Booked. And I sent the link out to friends too.Cool! We're getting up to speed here!! :cheer:

MM03MOK
01-21-2006, 11:07 AM
Even if you didn't vote in the first poll, please vote here. Most important!

Hack Goby
01-21-2006, 11:19 AM
:drink: OK,Im good to go.Damn this is going to be fun,nothing like a road trip.I said I was coming with someone I just have to find that someone plus I will be getting there thursday nite I didnt want to rush down on Friday and miss something. :drink:

MM2004
01-21-2006, 11:24 AM
Even if you didn't vote in the first poll, please vote here. Most important!

Listen to Mary.

This must be done.

Keep 'em coming,...

Thanks,

Mike.

mailman
01-21-2006, 12:05 PM
Rate still good ! I'm booked !:coolman:

Haggis
01-21-2006, 03:10 PM
Just called the Holiday Inn all rooms are booked. Do you have the info for the Ramada, if not or if they are booked up too, see you at the next meet.

SergntMac
01-21-2006, 03:30 PM
I will be getting there thursday nite I didnt want to rush down on Friday and miss something. How's your mid '60 TV trivia, Paul? Can you recall "Kirby, take the point!" ... "Awe, why me, sarge?"

Hell if I know Zack, Paul, I won't see my usual plate of "pigs in blankies" until we pull into Looseville.

Good to have a point man, thanks.

SergntMac
01-21-2006, 03:58 PM
Just called the Holiday Inn all rooms are booked. Do you have the info for the Ramada, if not or if they are booked up too, see you at the next meet. Sit still for now, Gordon, please?

I just called the last numbers I have for you and Chris, one is disconnected, the other gave me your voice mail and I left a message. We haven't talked since you moved, so, I'm not surprised. Call me when you can?

I also just called the Holiday Inn where we are staying, and confirmed my reservation, which I made today maybe not long before your attempt.

My reservation is confirmed, and after I explained my (and your) confusion, "Sarah" of Reservations told me to tell you, to make your reservation at their web site, not by phone.

I can't explain this further without sounding like Abbot and Costello's baseball game, because I don't know what's up. But, the link I used worked for me, it's here...

Call me when you can, can't wait to see both of you soon.

62 days and counting...Looseville, watch out.

Zack
01-21-2006, 04:44 PM
Im booked along with guest (who happens to be female.) (Lets see if Marty is wathing this thread).
Cant wait
And no, its not my mom Marty

Haggis
01-21-2006, 05:48 PM
Ok, with the help of Chris we have a room confirmed over the internet. We are in the Terrece Wing. We will be arriving on the 23rd and staying until the 26th. Let the sampling begin. :drink:

Hack Goby
01-21-2006, 07:19 PM
How's your mid '60 TV trivia, Paul? Can you recall "Kirby, take the point!" ... "Awe, why me, sarge?"

Hell if I know Zack, Paul, I won't see my usual plate of "pigs in blankies" until we pull into Looseville.

Good to have a point man, thanks.
If were talken "Combat" lets not forget Gage with the B.A.R.:cool4:

MI2QWK4U
01-21-2006, 07:37 PM
Will there be any Drag racing involved at all in this trip? I like the guest list so far if we get to hit the strip...

MM03MOK
01-21-2006, 07:42 PM
Will there be any Drag racing involved at all in this trip? I like the guest list so far if we get to hit the strip...Not this trip.

MI2QWK4U
01-21-2006, 07:43 PM
Wonderful....

MERCMAN
01-21-2006, 07:59 PM
Will there be any Drag racing involved at all in this trip?

We had a day for racing at Churchill Downs, but the jockeys called it off,,,they couldn't reach the pedals :rofl:

MERCMAN
01-21-2006, 08:59 PM
And no, its not my mom Marty

You mom's name is Marty???? :rofl:

MM2004
01-21-2006, 09:06 PM
Will there be any Drag racing involved at all in this trip?

We had a day for racing at Churchill Downs, but the jockeys called it off,,,they couldn't reach the pedals :rofl:

You mom's name is Marty???? :rofl:

Dan, are you drinking again? :neener: That's 2 in a row,...

ROTFLMFAO! :high5:
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

SergntMac
01-22-2006, 03:23 AM
Wonderful.... Yes...Isn't it.

Hack Goby
01-22-2006, 07:04 AM
Back in the `70s when I was at Fort Knox in basic training there was a 1/8 mile drag strip not far off the base.Is it still there?And if I remember it was famous back then(For what I dont know):burnout:

MM2004
01-22-2006, 07:07 AM
Yep, the 1/8 mile is still there -> Ohio Valley Raceway.

http://www.ohiovalleydragway.com/

Haven't been there in years,...

Not sure what it was famous for as typically the "big hitters" in racing run the 1/4?

Mike.

Back in the `70s when I was at Fort Knox in basic training there was a 1/8 mile drag strip not far off the base.Is it still there?And if I remember it was famous back then(For what I dont know):burnout:

Hack Goby
01-22-2006, 07:13 AM
I just checked there schedule and on the 26th they will be open for test and tune.I dont want to just jump right in here and change your event but it a thought if anyone wants to race there cars.Just my 2 cents

Hack Goby
01-22-2006, 07:15 AM
Stupid me, everyone will be headed home by then.:shake:

MM2004
01-22-2006, 07:19 AM
I just checked there schedule and on the 26th they will be open for test and tune.I dont want to just jump right in here and change your event but it a thought if anyone wants to race there cars.Just my 2 cents

Hack,

I checked as well and unless I am mistaking, that is the 2005 schedule.

BTW, If any member wants to branch off from the itinerary to do their own thing that's cool with me. Dinner, I would prefer everyone there due to reservations/head counts.

However, racing was not included in the schedule as the theme is "Bourbon" for this meet.

No flames dude, just being honest. ;)

Mike.

SergntMac
01-22-2006, 07:50 AM
Just getting my vote in early...

I am not interested in racing.

CRUZTAKER
01-22-2006, 07:53 AM
It's cool.

EAM-1 had no racing either. But quite a gathering.

KillJoy
01-22-2006, 08:50 AM
KillJoy + 1 (and 1/3) :)

KillJoy

Hack Goby
01-22-2006, 10:55 AM
Im all for the game plan and your right that last years events.

MM2004
01-22-2006, 02:14 PM
Bumping this thread,...

Come on people, let's get a solid number. :)

Two days left then all bets are off!!

Mike.

Bigdogjim
01-22-2006, 06:03 PM
I got my room booked via the internet:)

Got confirmed via e-mail.

Party time:):):)

Dark_Knight7096
01-22-2006, 08:19 PM
Thanks, Mac.

Please use this Holiday Inn (ichotelsgroup) link to get the following rates, for as long as they'll last.

Best-4-Breakfast
$89.90 1 King Bed Terrace Wing Non-Smoking
$89.90 2 Dbl Beds Terrace Wing Non-Smoking

Not me, the rates i got are 104.90 a night(best-4-breakfast), that's the best i can get, well i'll go talk to my boss tomorrow and if i get the greenlight i'm in! I'll book tomorrow afternoon! I'll wait till then to poll it.

MM03MOK
01-22-2006, 08:32 PM
Not me, the rates i got are 104.90 a night(best-4-breakfast), that's the best i can get, well i'll go talk to my boss tomorrow and if i get the greenlight i'm in! I'll book tomorrow afternoon! I'll wait till then to poll it.There were only a limted number of rooms at my quoted rate. Hold on to what you got at the moment. Mike also worked a corporate deal that for two nights equaled $198 ($119 & $79). If $104.90 is the best online rate now, we should switch over to the corporate rate. Mike needs to pipe in here.

Dark_Knight7096
01-22-2006, 09:12 PM
K, well i'm gonna book tomorrow at lunch after i talk to my boss, if we can get a better rate by then, awesome, if not it's all good.

Fire95Z28
01-22-2006, 09:26 PM
Me + Becky

MM03MOK
01-22-2006, 09:27 PM
Me + BeckyHey Dan! Glad to see you'll make the trip!

:bunny:

MM2004
01-23-2006, 06:59 AM
If you can no longer get the $89.90 for both nights. Hold Off!

We will be quantifying rooms/reservations prior to tomorrow.

Holiday Inn will be visited by me once we have all members committed to this trip.

Again, we need the number of hotel rooms as well as head counts by tomorrow!

Clock is ticking,...

Thanks,

Mike.

There were only a limted number of rooms at my quoted rate. Hold on to what you got at the moment. Mike also worked a corporate deal that for two nights equaled $198 ($119 & $79). If $104.90 is the best online rate now, we should switch over to the corporate rate. Mike needs to pipe in here.

SergntMac
01-23-2006, 07:22 AM
Well...It's Monday and I'm still going!

alarmguy
01-23-2006, 07:35 AM
I was trying to hold off as long as possible, but it looks like I can't get the wife to come, aw shucks. If it's too late to get a room that's OK, I'll go visit my brother in Richmond Friday night, then drag him up for Saturday's events.

I'll keep a close eye on this thread for updates.

Killjoy, we should get together for the ride down Friday. Maybe we could meet some of the Cleveland contingent on their way down.

MM03MOK
01-23-2006, 07:40 AM
If it's too late to get a room that's OK, I'll go visit my brother in Richmond Friday night, then drag him up for Saturday's events.Definitely not too late. Mike (MM2004) will post soon about the rooms.

Thanks for using the poll. That makes 20 that have "voted" here....I know there are more to check in too.

Haggis
01-23-2006, 07:41 AM
If you can no longer get the $89.90 for both nights. Hold Off!

We will be quantifying rooms/reservations prior to tomorrow.

Holiday Inn will be visited by me once we have all members committed to this trip.

Again, we need the number of hotel rooms as well as head counts by tomorrow!

Clock is ticking,...

Thanks,

Mike.
Chris and I have our room booked in the Terrece Wing don't remember the price at this time. We will be arriving on Thursday sometime and see everyone on Friday. Anyone else arriving early?

KillJoy
01-23-2006, 07:50 AM
Killjoy, we should get together for the ride down Friday. Maybe we could meet some of the Cleveland contingent on their way down.

That works for me. I am on the West Side (70 @ 270). I'm not sure how every one is heading down.

We could probably meet at the Cracker Barrel on Stringtown in Grove City, off of 71 just South of 270.

What time is everyone planning on being in the Central Ohio Area....if you are going this way?

KillJoy

Dark_Knight7096
01-23-2006, 11:46 AM
I just booked my room! This could be a ton of fun! Jim, and anyone else from up my way, any chance of planning a convoy with me being the oddball (like usual), lol.

MM03MOK
01-23-2006, 12:06 PM
Twenty Four!!!! :cheer: :cheer:

Bigdogjim
01-23-2006, 01:39 PM

Yes it's a great TV show, gota love it.

MERCMAN
01-23-2006, 01:45 PM
and thats without Joe!!

Hack Goby
01-23-2006, 03:27 PM
Chris and I have our room booked in the Terrece Wing don't remember the price at this time. We will be arriving on Thursday sometime and see everyone on Friday. Anyone else arriving early?
Gordon,I will be there on Thursday also.I figure around 3-4pm I should be rolling in.

MM2004
01-23-2006, 07:12 PM
Bumping this sucker. :)

Tomorrow is the last day to make this solid.

Snooze you loose....

You have been warned. :P

Get 'em in to us.

Thanks, ;)

Mike.

Haggis
01-24-2006, 04:27 AM
Gordon,I will be there on Thursday also.I figure around 3-4pm I should be rolling in.
See you Thursday for dinner, Paul. :up:

KillJoy
01-24-2006, 06:41 AM
26! Man, this is gonna be fun!

KillJoy

SergntMac
01-24-2006, 09:51 AM
26! Man, this is gonna be fun! KillJoy As they say in Texas..."You bet!"

You may even change your screen name!

KillJoy
01-24-2006, 10:36 AM
Doubtful...but fun! :D

KillJoy

SergntMac
01-24-2006, 06:16 PM
Okay...What's it going to be this time? Someone give me a hint?

Every National Member meet I've been to has had a "slogan", or, "tag" line on our dash plaques. "Raid on Chocolate Town", "Raid on Rock Hall" and "Dyno with Jerry, Dinner with Dennis" to name a few. What's it going to be for this National Member meet? So far, I have...

"Footloose in Looseville"
"Marauders Raid Mash Town"
"Sippin' an Slippin' in Looseville"
"Bourbon and Boastin' in Looseville"
"No brag, just booze"

And more. I am open to anything suggestion y'all put forth...Where are the poets when you need them?

Post your ideas here, or, e-me at SergntMac@aol.com

If I get enough good suggestions, I'll put the final three to a poll.

My deadline for suggestions is 1 March, 2006.

alarmguy
01-24-2006, 06:17 PM
Seems to be at least a couple different threads on this. How about posting the list of members after last call just to get a correct head count.

MM03MOK
01-24-2006, 06:22 PM
Seems to be at least a couple different threads on this. How about posting the list of members after last call just to get a correct head count.The poll in this thread is the "official" headcount, especially for dinner reservations. We know more are coming than have "voted" so please be counted in the poll. We will certainly circulate the attendees names between us. We still need some first/last names - all we have are screen names.

MERCMAN
01-24-2006, 06:42 PM

Every National Member meet I've been to has had a "slogan", or, "tag" line on our dash plaques. "Raid on Chocolate Town", "Raid on Rock Hall" and "Dyno with Jerry, Dinner with Dennis" to name a few. What's it going to be for this National Member meet? So far, I have...

"No brag, just booze"

And more. I am open to anything suggestion y'all put forth...Where are the poets when you need them?

How about "Beam me up, Jim?

Hack Goby
01-24-2006, 07:21 PM

"No brag, just booze"

"Louisville 2006" Marauders spending cash on sour mash!

SergntMac
01-24-2006, 07:31 PM
Eewweee...I like 'em both. Thanks, mercman and Hack Goby.

"BEAM me up, Jim."

and,

"Spendin' our cash on sour mash"

Yeppers...Two finalists 4 sure.

Keep 'em comin', K?

KillJoy
01-24-2006, 07:33 PM
I have a suggestion for the gathering. Have everyone bring a bottle of their choice (not cheap stuff). Then have a "pot luck" of sorts.

Examples: JD, JB, WT, Reserves, Single Barrels, Crown, Canadian....etc. Even other spirits, if desired? It would be best if every one brought something different. A true sampling.

What do you think?

KillJoy

KillJoy
01-24-2006, 07:34 PM
"boozie in Louzie"

KillJoy

MM2004
01-24-2006, 07:35 PM
I have a suggestion for the gathering. Have everyone bring a bottle of their choice (not cheap stuff). Then have a "pot luck" of sorts.

Examples: JD, JB, WT, Reserves, Single Barrels, Crown, Canadian....etc. Even other spirits, if desired? It would be best if every one brought something different. A true sampling.

What do you think?

KillJoy

I am bringing a few "surprises" with me to the hotel. :D

Good idea with the exception of a few named that are not "Bourbons".

I'll leave it alone so it won't start a flame war. ;)

KillJoy
01-24-2006, 07:38 PM
There are only sooo many bourbons. Besides...once your taste buds are dead...why waste it! :)

KillJoy

PS - Good Vodka > Bad Bourbon

CRUZTAKER
01-24-2006, 07:41 PM
Good idea with the exception of a few named that are not "Bourbons".
I'll leave it alone so it won't start a flame war.

I agree. If it's nout Bourbon, I'm not drinking it on this adventure. ;)

MM03MOK
01-24-2006, 07:42 PM
Examples: JD, JB, WT, Reserves, Single Barrels, Crown, Canadian....etc. It's all Greek to me.....guess I have some learnin' ta do!

KillJoy
01-24-2006, 07:44 PM
JD = Jack Daniels
JB = Jim Beam
WT = Wild Turkey
Reserves = "Select" selections picked by the distillers
Single Barrels = Individual Barrels Filtered and Bottled. Full Strength and MMM MMM MMM Good :)

KillJoy

MarauderMark
01-24-2006, 07:51 PM
I will ask peg to book a room but don't know if we'll make it.Well ya know how it is with me , same s**t different thread/meet.
Update::
Wifey says we cannot go.

Rider90
01-24-2006, 07:57 PM
Single Barrel fans? Show up to the Galena meet and you can take the JD off my hands for free (A few shots missing:rolleyes:)

Yuck.

KillJoy
01-24-2006, 08:00 PM
Ooooohhhh.... SBJD....what Barrel # and Proof? SB from the freezer is good sippin'!

KillJoy

Rider90
01-24-2006, 08:05 PM
Ooooohhhh.... SBJD....what Barrel # and Proof? SB from the freezer is good sippin'!

KillJoy
#4-3413 / 94 Proof / 750ml

KillJoy
01-24-2006, 08:10 PM
Man....I had some 103 a few months back and it was a little on the harsh side. I have also had a 96...and boy was it smoooooth! I like how the MD picks the different barrels. It makes for a broad band of flavors and tastes. My tastes seem to like the mid to high 90 Proofs. But...it's gotta be freezer cold.

What's the reason for the departure?

KillJoy

Rider90
01-24-2006, 08:12 PM
Man....I had some 103 a few months back and it was a little on the harsh side. I have also had a 96...and boy was it smoooooth! I like how the MD picks the different barrels. It makes for a broad band of flavors and tastes. My tastes seem to like the mid to high 90 Proofs. But...it's gotta be freezer cold.

What's the reason for the departure?

KillJoy
Gotta try everything once, tried, tried again, and I'm no whiskey guy.

Hey! Quit Derailing the thread! Party on Wayne.

CRUZTAKER
01-24-2006, 09:07 PM
JD = Jack Daniels

Uhhh...we need to clear something up.

The initials JD do indeed stand for Jack Daniels...but JD is
NOT
Bourbon.

:nono:

Bigdogjim
01-24-2006, 09:08 PM

NOT
Bourbon.

:nono:

Yes correct! however the effect is the same :laugh:

Haggis
01-25-2006, 04:52 AM

NOT
Bourbon.
Yes correct! however the effect is the same.
Oh no!!! Not the bourbon wars. :rofl:

KillJoy
01-25-2006, 06:22 AM
In my example...JD = Jack Daniels. :)

KillJoy

SergntMac
01-25-2006, 06:31 AM
More ideas on a slogan...

Mash-ing the Pedals in Looseville

and...

Gettin' distilled in Dixie

Keepers?

Oops...Wrong thread.

the_pack_rat
01-26-2006, 10:43 AM
More ideas on a slogan...

Mash-ing the Pedals in Looseville

and...

Gettin' distilled in Dixie

Keepers?

Oops...Wrong thread.
How about .....

"Gash For Cash"?.

Oops ... my bad.

I thought this was the Vegas thread.

:o

Big Joe P
01-26-2006, 10:47 AM
Kentucky Bourbon Run
March 24-26 2006

MM03MOK
01-26-2006, 10:58 AM
Putting the hotel number here for reference:

Please call the hotel direct and mention "Marauder." We're in the Terrace Wing so the cars can park right out front.

Holiday Inn
LOUISVILLE-I-64 EAST
1325 S HURSTBOURNE PKWY
LOUISVILLE, KY 40222
1-502-426-2600

Closed the first thread.....it's getting very confusing.
Here are the votes in the first poll. The second poll stands, up above this thread.

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=tcat colSpan=4>View Poll Results: I want to have a distillery run with some gambling fun doo-dah,,doo-dah </TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1 width="50%">Yes!! bourbon and games of chance and MM's, HOO-HAH </TD><TD class=alt2 width="50%">http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/polls/bar2-l.gifhttp://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/polls/bar2.gifhttp://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/polls/bar2-r.gif Big Joe P (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/member.php?u=1039), Bigdogjim (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/member.php?u=383), CRUZTAKER (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/member.php?u=627), Dark_Knight7096 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/member.php?u=2961), Dennis Reinhart (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/member.php?u=46), Embassy (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/member.php?u=2861), Hack Goby (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/member.php?u=240), Hawkszone (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/member.php?u=2195), KillJoy149 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/member.php?u=4466), mailman (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/member.php?u=1375), MERCMAN (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/member.php?u=976), MM03MOK (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/member.php?u=467), MM2004 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/member.php?u=2989), ncmm (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/member.php?u=2901), Nitrous SSC (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/member.php?u=4340), SergntMac (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/member.php?u=392), TripleG (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/member.php?u=1021), Zack (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/member.php?u=404)

</TD><TD class=alt1 title=Votes align=middle>18</TD><TD class=alt2 noWrap align=right>62.07%</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1 width="50%">Maybe. Depends if my "other half" will allow me out of the house for a "run for the roses" </TD><TD class=alt2 width="50%">http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/polls/bar3-l.gifhttp://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/polls/bar3.gifhttp://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/polls/bar3-r.gif BCKNBLK (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/member.php?u=1061), Dan19063 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/member.php?u=2968), dwasson (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/member.php?u=1141), fastblackmerc (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/member.php?u=1670), Forenzic (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/member.php?u=2605), gohogs (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/member.php?u=1237), Haggis (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/member.php?u=1356), Joe Walsh (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/member.php?u=1983), marauder302hp (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/member.php?u=992), pantheroc (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/member.php?u=2544), rayjay (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/member.php?u=2412)

</TD><TD class=alt1 title=Votes align=middle>11</TD><TD class=alt2 noWrap align=right>37.93%</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

MM03MOK
01-26-2006, 11:37 AM
Kentucky Marauder Meet Itinerary
(Subject to Change)

Louisville Holiday Inn (Hurstbourne)

1325 S. Hurstbourne Parkway –
(502) 426-2600Single (King) Rate = $89.90 for each night plus tax

-Security cameras, Well lit parking lot, Security Guard (10:30PM – 6AM)<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[IMG] /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
<font color=" /><o:p></o:p>

<FONT face=Verdana><FONT color=#000000><FONT size=3>Friday March 24<SUP>th</SUP> 2006<o:p></o:p>

<FONT face=Verdana><FONT color=#000000>Kentucky Railway Museum (35 miles from Louisville, Bardstown, KY).
<FONT face=Verdana><FONT color=#000000>Arrive ~ 2PM<o:p></o:p>

<FONT color=blue><o:p></o:p>
<FONT face=Verdana><FONT color=#000000>Return to Louisville ~
<FONT face=Verdana><FONT color=#000000>6:00PM for dinner at Limestone Restaurant
<FONT face=Verdana><FONT color=#000000>10001 Forest Green Boulevard
<FONT face=Verdana><FONT color=#000000>(502) 426-7477
<FONT face=Verdana><FONT color=#800080>http://www.limestonerestaurant.net/
<FONT face=Verdana><FONT color=#000000><FONT size=3><FONT size=1><FONT color=red>(Reservations to be made after confirmed head-count)<FONT color=blue><o:p></o:p>

<FONT face=Verdana><FONT color=#000000>Return to Holiday Inn for sippin’on – Knob Creek, Woodford 4 Grain, Turkey (MM2004)<o:p></o:p>

<FONT face=Verdana><FONT color=#000000><FONT size=3>Saturday March 25<SUP>th</SUP> 2006<o:p></o:p>

<FONT face=Verdana><FONT color=#000000>Breakfast at Holiday Inn(host hotel)
<FONT face=Verdana><FONT color=#000000>1401 S. Hurstbourne Parkway –
<FONT face=Verdana><FONT color=#000000>(502) 327-8900.
<FONT face=Verdana><FONT color=#000000>Arrive at 8:00AM
<FONT color=blue><FONT face=Verdana><FONT size=1><FONT color=#000000>(Directly in Front of Holiday Inn)

<FONT face=Verdana><FONT color=#000000>First stop –
<FONT face=Verdana><FONT color=#000000>Buffalo Trace Distillery
<FONT face=Verdana><FONT color=#000000>1001 Wilkinson Blvd
Frankfort, Kentucky 40601
(800) 654-8471
<FONT face=Verdana><FONT color=#000000>Hours: 10-2 Arrive ~ 11AM<o:p></o:p>

<FONT face=Verdana><FONT color=#000000>Second stop –
<FONT face=Verdana><FONT color=#000000>Woodford Reserve Distillery
<FONT color=blue><FONT face=Verdana><FONT color=#000000><FONT size=1>7855 Mccracken Pike
Versailles, KY 40383 (859) 879-1812 <o:p></o:p>
<FONT face=Verdana><FONT color=#000000><FONT size=1><FONT color=blue>**<FONT color=blue>1 p.m., 2 p.m., and 3 p.m. tours ($5.00 p/person – tasting after tour)<o:p></o:p>

<FONT face=Verdana><FONT color=#000000>Return to Louisville
<FONT face=Verdana><FONT color=#000000>Ferd Grisanti ~ 5PM – 8PM,
<FONT face=Verdana><FONT color=#000000>10212 Taylorsville Road, Jeffersontown, KY
<FONT face=Verdana><FONT color=#000000>(502) 267-0050 (Mike or Keri)
<FONT face=Verdana><FONT color=#000000><FONT face=Arial><FONT color=#800080>http://www.ferdgrisanti.com/lefthome.htm
<FONT face=Verdana><FONT color=#000000><FONT size=1><FONT color=red>(Reservations to be made after confirmed head-count – Alfresco Room – Up to 35 seated)<FONT color=blue><o:p></o:p>

<FONT face=Verdana><FONT color=#000000>Liquor Barn ~ 8:30PM
<FONT face=Verdana><FONT color=#000000>1800 S. Hurstbourne Parkway – (502) 491-0753<o:p></o:p>
<FONT color=blue><FONT face=Verdana><FONT color=#000000><FONT size=1>-For anyone wanting to purchase spirits, etc<o:p></o:p>

<FONT face=Verdana><FONT color=#000000>Return to Holiday Inn for more sippin’<o:p></o:p>

<FONT face=Verdana><FONT color=#000000><FONT size=3>Sunday March 26<SUP>th</SUP> 2006<o:p></o:p>

<FONT face=Verdana><FONT color=#000000>Breakfast at Holiday Inn(host hotel)
<FONT face=Verdana><FONT color=#000000>9797 Blairwood Road – (502) 423-0236.
<FONT face=Verdana><FONT color=#000000>Arrive at 9AM<o:p></o:p>

<FONT face=Verdana><FONT color=#000000>First stop – Heaven Hill Distilleries
<FONT face=Verdana><FONT color=#000000>1311 Gilkey Run Road
Bardstown, Kentucky 40004
502-337-1000
<FONT face=Verdana><FONT color=#000000>Time: 12PM

<FONT face=Verdana><FONT color=#000000>Jim Beam Distillery - American Outpost & Homestead
<FONT face=Verdana><FONT color=#000000>149 Happy Hollow Road, Clermont, Kentucky. KY 245, Exit 112 of 1-65 –
<FONT face=Verdana><FONT color=#000000>(502)-543-9877
<FONT color=blue><FONT face=Verdana><FONT color=#000000>Time: 1PM – 4PM.
<FONT color=blue><FONT face=Verdana><FONT color=#000000>Return to Louisville ~ 3:30PM

Haggis
01-26-2006, 12:40 PM
What are the going rates for two dbl beds, there were no Kings left when I made reservations?

KillJoy
01-26-2006, 12:58 PM
That itinerary is funny. 8AM and 9AM.

ROFLMAO!

KillJoy

Hack Goby
01-26-2006, 03:41 PM
OK,I had to make some changes.I planned on leaving on Sunday but I dont want to miss the tours so I canceled Thur. and changed my Motel dates to Fri,Sat. and Sun.I guess I will have to miss the train museum as I will be rolling in around 3-4 PM.:beer:

mailman
01-26-2006, 04:37 PM
Haggis, the room rate is the same I think because I booked two double beds encase I find someone to ride shotgun with me. I was quoted 89.00.

MM2004
01-26-2006, 05:05 PM
Please read carefully...

I spoke with Lilly at Holiday Inn, and will post explicit directions on how to obtain a room for the remaining members who have not reserved theirs yet.

Please do not contact the hotel at this time. I will have the final details worked out when meeting with Lilly tomorrow.

Until I post this detail, relax and have a shot of your favorite beverage.

There are 20 rooms blocked under our group. While just finding out the Hotel is full, we have our rooms and a couple to spare.

If any member is still considering going, I urge you to make a decision within the next couple of days and send me a PM.

You will be handled on a first come, first serve basis.

I repeat, when these rooms are gone, there are no more. You will be on your own to make arrangements.

I am showing the below members as participating but have not yet reserved a room. Not to worry, you are guaranteed a room. Just sit tight.

If any of the below members have in fact reserved a room, PM me immediately!

alarmguy,
Fire95Z28,
Hawkszone,
BigJoeP and
jrzygirl.

Best Regards,

Mike. (Insert drink here) :beer:

Zack
01-26-2006, 07:47 PM
Fire95z28 has already booked a room. I dont know where he was stationed, but he is booked.

Haggis
01-27-2006, 04:40 AM
Haggis, the room rate is the same I think because I booked two double beds encase I find someone to ride shotgun with me. I was quoted 89.00.
Thanks....

CRUZTAKER
01-27-2006, 05:16 AM
OK,I had to make some changes.I planned on leaving on Sunday but I dont want to miss the tours so I canceled Thur. and changed my Motel dates to Fri,Sat. and Sun.I guess I will have to miss the train museum as I will be rolling in around 3-4 PM.:beer:

I hear ya Hack...usually a Sunday itinerary is passable...I don't want to miss this one either. ;)

Haggis
01-27-2006, 06:39 AM
I hear ya Hack...usually a Sunday itinerary is passable...I don't want to miss this one either. ;)
Will still be arriving Thursday afternoon and starting the ride home after the last tour on Sunday.

SergntMac
01-27-2006, 07:45 AM
I will be bringing my Kilt, it's only fitting for such an occassion.

Also a great distraction if stopped by local cops.

MM03MOK
01-27-2006, 08:19 AM
I will be bringing my Kilt, it's only fitting for such an occassion.

Also a great distraction if stopped by local cops.Especially if they're female! :D :P

MM2004
01-27-2006, 08:01 PM
I have officially signed the contract on the block of rooms at the "Inn" today while meeting with Lilly.

Currently, there are 4 members that I show as not having booked a room:

alarmguy,
BigJoeP,
DR and
jrzygrl

You Guys and Gal need to call Lilly Hart (502) 426-2600 ext. 179 as soon as possible, M - F between 9:00AM and 5:00PM to lock your room in.

Tell her you are with the "MARAUDER" group. This will ensure the $89.00 rate for Friday/Saturday night.

She will require your personal info. along with a credit card # in order to process and confirm your room.

We will all be stayig in the "Terrace" which means we will be on ground level with our cars parked in front of our rooms (cross fingers here).

I also ask that you PM me your confirm. # as all others with booked rooms have done so already.

**DO NOT RESERVE YOUR ROOM VIA THE FRONT DESK**

**YOU MUST SPEAK TO LILLY FOR THIS GROUP RATE**

Cheers!

Mike.

alarmguy
01-27-2006, 08:04 PM
Mike,

Thanks for all the work on setting this up. I'll call Lily on Monday then get back with you.

Bob

Embassy
01-29-2006, 02:16 PM
Embassy we go way back to when I had my Crown Vic.It will be nice to meet you.:beer:.

Hack, the other thread was closed before so I could not reply to your post.

I just wanted to say that I look forward to meeting you as well.

Dennis Reinhart
01-31-2006, 10:27 AM
I have officially signed the contract on the block of rooms at the "Inn" today while meeting with Lilly.

Currently, there are 4 members that I show as not having booked a room:

alarmguy,
BigJoeP,
DR and
jrzygrl

You Guys and Gal need to call Lilly Hart (502) 426-2699 ext. 179 as soon as possible, M - F between 9:00AM and 5:00PM to lock your room in.

Tell her you are with the "MARAUDER" group. This will ensure the $89.00 rate for Friday/Saturday night.

She will require your personal info. along with a credit card # in order to process and confirm your room.

We will all be stayig in the "Terrace" which means we will be on ground level with our cars parked in front of our rooms (cross fingers here).

I also ask that you PM me your confirm. # as all others with booked rooms have done so already.

**DO NOT RESERVE YOUR ROOM VIA THE FRONT DESK**

**YOU MUST SPEAK TO LILLY FOR THIS GROUP RATE**

Cheers!

Mike.

I just called this # got no answer and it was not a buisness recording tried it twice

MM03MOK
01-31-2006, 10:32 AM
I think there's a typo in Mike's number.

Holiday Inn
LOUISVILLE-I-64 EAST
1325 S HURSTBOURNE PKWY
LOUISVILLE, KY 40222
1-502-426-2600

Lilly Hart (502) 426-2600 ext. 179 as soon as possible, M - F between 9:00AM and 5:00PM

Big Joe P
01-31-2006, 03:22 PM
YES !! I have reserved a room, confirmed by Lily just minutes ago.....
You know, I drink only once or twice a year, this MAY be one of those times..

Dennis Reinhart
01-31-2006, 03:26 PM
I just got mine can't wait this will be a great time

MM2004
01-31-2006, 04:01 PM
I think there's a typo in Mike's number.

Holiday Inn
LOUISVILLE-I-64 EAST
1325 S HURSTBOURNE PKWY
LOUISVILLE, KY 40222
1-502-426-2600

Lilly Hart (502) 426-2600 ext. 179 as soon as possible, M - F between 9:00AM and 5:00PM

Thanks Mary! Number corrected. (must have been drinkin borbon that night) :o

Mike.

BTW, There are now 16 rooms confirmed and booked! :banana2:

Only a few more left.

MM03MOK
02-02-2006, 03:16 AM
Bunny's booked for a Thursday evening arrival!!:woohoo:

MM03MOK
02-03-2006, 04:24 PM
See y'all soon..."T minus 64 days, and counting."OK - SgtCountDown....where are we now??

MM2004
02-03-2006, 04:27 PM
Time to bring this to the front once again.

This is going to be a great turnout! So far, there are 3 rooms still available, then they are gone.

Time to fill these available rooms are rapidly approaching deadline then we will not be able to accomodate anyone else.

If you are still considering coming to the Bluegrass, get 'em in now then send me a PM.

Mike.

Bigdogjim
02-03-2006, 05:05 PM
OK - SgtCountDown....where are we now??

T-minus 47 days and counting down..........

Hey can we get a countdown clock on the home page? :laugh:

Zack
02-03-2006, 05:08 PM
Do I hear Marauderville 3.9-B?

Bigdogjim
02-03-2006, 05:09 PM
Do I hear Marauderville 3.9-B?

No this would be MVIV-"A" :laugh:

Dark_Knight7096
02-03-2006, 08:33 PM
MVIV-Beta?

Ima dork.

MM2004
02-03-2006, 08:42 PM
No this would be MVIV-"A" :laugh:

Or, MVIV - Unfiltered, Uncut :D

Hack Goby
02-03-2006, 09:30 PM
Even though MVIV seems to be in trouble lets not call our get together anything but a regional meet.Hopefully plans will be made for a national event but lets not bury it yet.:beer:

Bigdogjim
02-03-2006, 11:33 PM
Even though MVIV seems to be in trouble lets not call our get together anything but a regional meet.Hopefully plans will be made for a national event but lets not bury it yet.:beer:

Hack just having fun with words.

MV-IV is not in any trouble as far as I know.

A National meet will happen:)

Have no fear:cool:

But you are correct this is a regional meet!

MM2004
02-05-2006, 06:06 AM
Hack just having fun with words.

MV-IV is not in any trouble as far as I know.

A National meet will happen:)

Have no fear:cool:

But you are correct this is a regional meet!

I concur Jim. Just playing as this is and will be a regional meet.

Mike.

Bigdogjim
02-05-2006, 03:54 PM
As of now I must pull out of this meet.

Anything changes I will post up.

I will hold the room till two days before the event.

Haggis
02-06-2006, 06:37 AM
As of now I must pull out of this meet.

Anything changes I will post up.

I will hold the room till two days before the event.
The Bigdog had his choker snapped back?

SergntMac
02-06-2006, 11:48 AM
Bummer.....

Haggis
02-07-2006, 06:18 PM
:turkey:....:turkey:

Zack
02-07-2006, 07:23 PM
This is classic Big Dog behavior.
Just when you think hes not coming, there he is.

Dark_Knight7096
02-07-2006, 09:33 PM
I hope so! I miss my buddy Jim, heck I miss all you guys!

Bigdogjim
02-09-2006, 08:15 PM
This is classic Big Dog behavior.
Just when you think hes not coming, there he is.

Well I never said I was doing Jacksonville?

If I pull out it is for a reason. No grandstanding!

Bigdogjim
02-09-2006, 08:16 PM
The Bigdog had his choker snapped back?

First off I do not wear a chocker:nono:

Not wise to "mess" with a big dog:rolleyes:

Bigdogjim
02-09-2006, 08:18 PM
I hope so! I miss my buddy Jim, heck I miss all you guys!

Life is like a fan. Some days it's sucks, some days it blows.:(

Dark_Knight7096
02-10-2006, 07:05 AM
Life is like a fan. Some days it's sucks, some days it blows.:(

Nice, thank you jim, I now have a quote for my signature!

Embassy
02-11-2006, 10:42 AM
So, what's the tally on the number of Marauders that will be present?

Hack Goby
02-11-2006, 11:18 AM
So, what's the tally on the number of Marauders that will be present?
http://home.comcast.net/~hack_goby/YOK8304.jpgI will be there with mine but being the end of march I will most likely have my snow package still on.

chapel1
02-13-2006, 07:56 PM
My wife and I are interested.But can't get out of work on friday.Was thinkinging we could make it for Saturday and sunday.

Dark_Knight7096
02-20-2006, 08:35 PM
Hey guys,
Ill be bringin a third person with me. Just wanted to keep you guys with an updated headcount.

chapel1
02-21-2006, 03:53 PM
I'm getting out of work early friday and we should be down friday before 8:00 p/m.Look forward to meeting everyone there.

MM03MOK
02-21-2006, 05:51 PM
I'm getting out of work early friday and we should be down friday before 8:00 p/m.Look forward to meeting everyone there.Gary - looking forward to seeing you again too!!

Dark_Knight7096
02-22-2006, 09:50 AM
What time does eveyone plan on arriving, I'll be leaving around midnight friday morning and should be arriving around 11am or so.

KillJoy
02-22-2006, 10:00 AM
Well, I am in Central Ohio. I am expecting about 3 to 4 hours to get there.

So...I guess whenever eceryone wants???

Killjoy

Haggis
02-22-2006, 10:02 AM
What time does eveyone plan on arriving, I'll be leaving around midnight friday morning and should be arriving around 11am or so.
We will be driving out on Thursday, expect to arrive Thursday evening sometime. What are the dinner plans for that evening?

MM03MOK
02-22-2006, 10:06 AM
We will be driving out on Thursday, expect to arrive Thursday evening sometime. What are the dinner plans for that evening?My flight arrives at ~8:30pm on Thursday. Something handy to the hotel for dinner works for me. I'm sure Mike can throw out a few suggestions. Anyone else for Thursday night?

MM2004
02-22-2006, 10:07 AM
We will be driving out on Thursday, expect to arrive Thursday evening sometime. What are the dinner plans for that evening?

Dinner plans for the group have not been scheduled as very few people will be in town on Thursday. Mary has looked around, and may have found a place. I can meet you guys, but will have a 6 year old in tote. There are planty of places to eat in close proximity to the hotel.

I will advise at a later date. Plans are to start another thread for head counts for friday dinner as many people may be arriving late.

Stay tuned,...

Mike.

MM2004
02-22-2006, 10:13 AM
My flight arrives at ~8:30pm on Thursday. Something handy to the hotel for dinner works for me. I'm sure Mike can throw out a few suggestions. Anyone else for Thursday night?

I will do so Mary. I did not realize you were getting in that late as Caitlin goes to bed at that time.

Mike.

Haggis
02-22-2006, 10:22 AM
Any long distance weather forecast yet for the end of March? Can we expect the usual snow, ice, rain or sunshine at that time of year?

Embassy
02-22-2006, 07:53 PM
Any long distance weather forecast yet for the end of March? Can we expect the usual snow, ice, rain or sunshine at that time of year?

It is hard to say at this point. The saying around here is if you don't like the weather in Louisville, wait 5 minutes. :cool4:

http://www.weather.com/weather/monthly/USKY1096?month=1 (http://www.weather.com/weather/monthly/USKY1096?month=1)

MAD-3R
03-15-2006, 09:23 AM
Well, booked a room, but they were out of the block of rooms set aside, so we got hit for $150.00

KillJoy
03-15-2006, 09:31 AM
Ouch!

What is the expected drive time from Texas?

KillJoy

MM03MOK
03-15-2006, 09:34 AM
Well, booked a room, but they were out of the block of rooms set aside, so we got hit for $150.00Then drinks are on me, Phil and Tasha!!

MAD-3R
03-15-2006, 09:37 AM
Ouch!

What is the expected drive time from Texas?

KillJoy

We will be ariving from Virginia with my parents SUV's. They are moving to Texas, and having us drive there two cars and three cats to Texas. We are just making a detour through Louville.

KillJoy
03-15-2006, 09:51 AM
That works! the more the merrier!

KillJoy

CRUZTAKER
03-15-2006, 04:42 PM
Gettin' short!!!!

Gimme a WOO ...

KillJoy
03-15-2006, 07:00 PM
WOO WOO!

KillJoy

Dark_Knight7096
03-15-2006, 08:25 PM
Woot Woot, Holler back younging!

Haggis
03-16-2006, 04:21 AM
Gettin' short!!!!

Gimme a WOO ...
WOO...:woohoo:...WOO!!

SergntMac
03-16-2006, 07:11 AM
8 days and counting, hoowheee bay bay

KillJoy
03-16-2006, 07:50 AM
Here is part of the Louisville, KY 10 Day forcast from www.weather.com (http://www.weather.com):

<TABLE id=f2 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=f2a>Thu
Mar 23
</TD><TD class=f2a>http://image.weather.com/web/common/wxicons/31/41.gif</TD><TD class=f2a>Scattered Snow Showers</TD><TD class=f2a align=middle>49&#176;/38&#176;</TD><TD class=f2a align=middle>60 %</TD></TR><TR><TD>Fri
Mar 24
</TD><TD>http://image.weather.com/web/common/wxicons/31/34.gif</TD><TD>Mostly Sunny</TD><TD align=middle>58&#176;/41&#176;</TD><TD align=middle>20 %</TD></TR><TR><TD class=f2a>Sat
Mar 25
</TD><TD class=f2a>http://image.weather.com/web/common/wxicons/31/28.gif</TD><TD class=f2a>Mostly Cloudy</TD><TD class=f2a align=middle>58&#176;/40&#176;</TD><TD class=f2a align=middle>20 %</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

KillJoy

MM2004
03-16-2006, 07:51 AM
This is killing me!

We are gonna have one helluva time! :D :beer: :banana2: :burnout:

Mike.

MM2004
03-16-2006, 07:54 AM
Here is part of the Louisville, KY 10 Day forcast from www.weather.com (http://www.weather.com):

<TABLE id=f2 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=f2a>Thu
Mar 23

</TD><TD class=f2a>http://image.weather.com/web/common/wxicons/31/41.gif</TD><TD class=f2a>Scattered Snow Showers</TD><TD class=f2a align=middle>49°/38°</TD><TD class=f2a align=middle>60 %</TD></TR><TR><TD>Fri
Mar 24

</TD><TD>http://image.weather.com/web/common/wxicons/31/34.gif</TD><TD>Mostly Sunny</TD><TD align=middle>58°/41°</TD><TD align=middle>20 %</TD></TR><TR><TD class=f2a>Sat
Mar 25

</TD><TD class=f2a>http://image.weather.com/web/common/wxicons/31/28.gif</TD><TD class=f2a>Mostly Cloudy</TD><TD class=f2a align=middle>58°/40°</TD><TD class=f2a align=middle>20 %</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

KillJoy

Keep 'em crossed. The Ohio Valley is a strange place. Very strange :D .

Mike.

MM03MOK
03-16-2006, 07:57 AM
I'm lovin' those high temps!! :cheer:

KillJoy
03-16-2006, 08:04 AM
Can I get someone's Cell Phone Number who will already be in KY Friday morning. That way, if our group gets there after everyone has left for the train museum, we can still catch up.

KillJoy

MM2004
03-16-2006, 08:23 AM
Can I get someone's Cell Phone Number who will already be in KY Friday morning. That way, if our group gets there after everyone has left for the train museum, we can still catch up.

KillJoy

You've got mail!

Mike.

Haggis
03-16-2006, 08:43 AM
You've got mail!

Mike.
You have 2.

KillJoy
03-16-2006, 09:01 AM
Thank ya guys!

I now have MM204 & Haggis' cell numbers. That should do it.

Now...for my next question:

I am in need of someone's Credit Card Information to make a "small" purchace from a Vendor here. Any help is appreciated! :D

KillJoy

MM03MOK
03-16-2006, 09:03 AM
Now...for my next question:

I am in need of someone's Credit Card Information to make a "small" purchace from a Vendor here. Any help is appreciated! :D

KillJoy:lol: You're just trying to live up to your name.....Official Pot-Stirrer!!

Dennis Reinhart
03-16-2006, 11:25 AM
Just a quick note many of you have called and have ordered parts, for me to bring with me, so if any of you need any thing else please give me a call.

pantheroc
03-23-2006, 01:34 PM
What is the address of the train museum?