PDA

View Full Version : # 7 Blew It's nose-sorta

Marauderman
01-18-2006, 05:33 PM
Thought you all might like what happens to me--alot it seems--but this is just one of them--and today-----darn--

Was on my way to work this morning --was in the middle lane of the intertstate --had great plans--fastblackmerc was coming into town--we were gonna have lunch --I was gonna let him drive the Beast after 7months of improvements--Oh Yeah-- it was gonna be a great day!.....then...........I though this truck in front of me--lets out a loud BANG, Grunt, and continues to howel....WOW--- I think-- I gotta get away from this truck, so I slighty press the gas and turn to next lane--except the noise of this terrible loud noise follows me...--I'm thinking..man this truck really has a problem.....I think a moment--maybe its my MM--oh no--can't be a thing wrong with it--been in the shop to long--oh no!!!

I slow and down the windows--give it some gas--and the noise goes louder---Folks ==My big bad MM has decide to turn BIG DOG without letting me know it----:lol:

I knew exactly what had happen--my right side shorty header had blown a screwed on cap off --(apparently used for Turbos) ---

Now I know why DR doesn't used/handle them anymore--even though I bought them from him way back--just shows what improvements really mean--anyway--I called Dr in Jax, Fla and he agreed they are a potiential concern and agree to send me a replacement (cap) next day---now thats being responsive--THANKS DENNIS

So my beast decides to blow its nose--sorta--and decided to be a BIG DOG on the roads today==not what I had in mind-- and if you've not heard what I mean--maybe this will help--------ever hear of 'OPEN HEADERS"---
there you go---it was that and more-------now you get it!!!

So once again she is in the shop ---I think she has a thing for that place--always seems to be ending up back there--anyway--by Saturday--she will be ready for more breakdown runs for our trip to Fla end of the month---and to see her maker again--outta be fun

Butch
01-18-2006, 06:05 PM
I think it is time to just mig weld that cap on.....

Marauderman
01-18-2006, 06:59 PM
I think it is time to just mig weld that cap on.....
Oh Yeah--Those orders have been placed---no more problem---meant to have it done with the motor out earlier---oh well--

BTW--nice hearing from ya ---Tom

MarauderMark
01-18-2006, 07:20 PM
Maaaaaan first this i thought was here we go again, scarey.not something i wanted to hear from you:( .But its good to hear you got off the easy way:up:Anyways i hope you make out ok and that Dr can put that bigger newer style "S" on here chest..Thanks for the card buddy:2thumbs:

Agent M79
01-18-2006, 07:36 PM
Ewww! Marauder Snot!

Marauderman
01-19-2006, 05:32 AM
Ewww! Marauder Snot!
Now thats funny:lol:

Marauderman
01-19-2006, 03:47 PM
Maaaaaan first this i thought was here we go again, scarey.not something i wanted to hear from you:( .But its good to hear you got off the easy way:up:Anyways i hope you make out ok and that Dr can put that bigger newer style "S" on here chest..Thanks for the card buddy:2thumbs:
Thanks for checking in Mark--on the card--YW-- yeah--was truely an "Oh No" situation--but it blew by--no pun intended--but that is funny isn't it--gotta be in a light mood after that situation--anyway--am looking forward to Vac. week in Fla--hope to take here on her first track run with the SSM folks-
have no idea what she will do--gonna be fun though--and thanks again for dropping in for a comment--Tom-

Marauderman
01-23-2006, 07:59 AM
UPDATE--

Well # 7 is all well again and ready to rock and roll--got the caps welded and oil/filter changed and emergency brake adjusted/tighten---next stop--upgraded prototype accelerator--to be installed before Fla. trip this week....so....I think I'll run her to work some this week for some more breakin runs -----

Butch
01-23-2006, 09:14 AM
Good to hear...Now maybe you can really push that thing and see what it can blow out next....I place my bets on the tires....When you are in a parking lot.....Showing off....Hopefully with me nearby to see!

UPDATE--

Well # 7 is all well again and ready to rock and roll--got the caps welded and oil/filter changed and emergency brake adjusted/tighten---next stop--upgraded prototype accelerator--to be installed before Fla. trip this week....so....I think I'll run her to work some this week for some more breakin runs -----

hitchhiker
01-23-2006, 09:48 AM
Now thats funny:lol:

Git Er Done!

:lol: