PDA

View Full Version : Concerning the KB Dead Pedal

MAD-3R
04-11-2003, 08:19 AM
At 6'3" and most of that in the legs, I sit with the seat all the way back. I also have Large feet, size 15, and regulaly hit the E-Brack Pedal getting into the marauder.

Now, what I want to know, is there anyone else who is about this hight, with a beadpedal, and find it comfortable, and usefull. My wifes car has a raised and vinaled surface for a deadpedal, and I like that, but a bolt on the side type seems to be begging to be slashing into my ankle.

Dave Compson
04-11-2003, 08:31 AM
I am six foot four, and i too hate the location of the emergency brake. It cuts into my ankle also. I was considering a dead pedal, but worried about taking away valuable foot room. I am in the same boat. Ill be curious what others say. Also, is it just me, or is the seat way too high? When i look forward and slightly to the left all i can see is the rear view mirror.

Good Question..

Slowpoke
04-11-2003, 09:02 AM
I am 5'8˝" and deadpedal is perfect. You can still rest your foot on the back 'wall' - the deadpedal is attached from the side and only protrtudes a bit more than the emergency brake with room to spare behind it.

Matt Johnson
04-11-2003, 09:49 AM
I'm 6'4", can't wait to install a dead pedal. I also agree that the seat is "too high" (and not as firm as it could be).

TAF
04-11-2003, 10:41 AM
I have avoided the dead pedal from KB for the same reason (6'2" with size 13s)

I'm looking at doing something straight to the floorboard like on the Explorer. Not enough room, in my opinion with that parking brake.

martyo
04-11-2003, 11:33 AM
I am 6'3" with a large frame and long legs. A friend on the board modified my dead pedal to allow me about 2 additional inches of leg room and it is great! I find it much more comfortable to drive with the dead pedal in place than without it. This basically follows Todd's idea of moving the pedal close to the floor. Try it you'll love it (I sure do!!).

mensrea
04-11-2003, 11:37 AM
For what it's worth I am 6'5 and 280... so I can relate with the size issue. Not to sound like a fawning convert, the dead pedal is without doubt the best mod for the money. I use it all the time and find it fantastic. The first thing I noticed when I drove Kenny's Panter P2 was the dead pedal, and how much my car needed one.

It's not jsut me Auto week had this to say about it

"What the world doesn’t see is a dead pedal that we think is one of the least-expensive and best-spent add-on items. We have long sung the value of dead pedals in cars—and lamented their vanishing from serious driver cars—to get a better feel and sense of the car. We’re glad Kenny Brown feels the same way. "

Buy a dead pedal, its cheap and worth it. By the way, I have size 13s and I put my toes and arch on the dead pedal and leave my heel on the floor, this works great for me.

Logan, I'll donate $$$ to get a spell checker in the rplys!!! (see I need one!)

MAD-3R
04-11-2003, 12:02 PM
Ok, I'm sold. Not that I can buy it now. Just dropped $$$on Zieno Bro's stuff :)

Blue Marauder
04-11-2003, 01:30 PM
I just installed one last weekend. I'm 6' even and tend to wear size 11 hiking boots a lot. I'm a left footed braker and the dead pedal is exactly in line with the brake pedal so it is very easy to move my left foot from one pedal to another.

My wife is 5'4" and wears braces on both legs. The dead pedal gives her a place to prop her left foot (she is a right footed braker) instead of hanging in the air since the braces prevent her ankles from bending.

Ross
04-23-2003, 01:57 PM
OK, let me show my ignorance again. I see all of this about a dead pedal, but nobody says what a dead pedal is. I've never heard of it before. What is it, what does it do, where can I see a pic of one, where can I buy one, etc.?

LincMercLover
04-23-2003, 03:07 PM
A deal pedal is a solid mount (like to the side of the kick panel or floor) pedal that acts as a foot rest for your left foot. Cars that come with them stock are usually have a "hump" built into the floor serving this purpose. Ours doesn't have this, so KB has made a pedal that you can attach to the kick panel for this.

mensrea
04-24-2003, 07:14 AM
Here's the link for Kenny's dead pedal

http://cart.kennybrown.com/ProductCart/pc/viewCat_P.asp?idCategory=124