PDA

View Full Version : Diablosport/Scott Beer Tune and Program

Ross
01-20-2006, 08:31 AM
I have read several very favorable posts about buying a tuner from Diablosport with a Scott Beer tune. I know that Lidio and Dennis also have good tuners available with their excellent programs, but I want to check out all of my options before I buy.
I went to Diablosport's website to try to find a telephone number so I could call and talk to someone about this. No number anywhere on the site. There was a link to send an email question, so I sent a message asking how I could contact Scott about his tune.
In return, I received the following email basically telling me that they are too busy and important to talk to guys like me.

This is a reply to your question from 2006-01-19 17:03

CATEGORY: Other
QUESTION: [I have looked at your website and can't find a telephone number. I want
to talk to Scott Beer about a tuner for a 2003 Marauder. How do I contact him?]

------------------------------------------------------------

ANSWER:
Dear Ross,

Sorry, Scott and our engineers are busy developing new & exciting products for
Diablosport and no longer do individual custom tuning. Please see one of our local
Diablosport dealers for your application needs.

Thank you for your interest in DiabloSport!
Stay tuned,
Keith, a proud member of the DiabloSport Support Team

I don't want to talk to a local dealer who has maybe never heard of a MM, I want to talk to someone who knows what he is talking about. I can call Lidio or Dennis and talk to them directly about their tuners and programs. Apparently Diablosport is too big for its britches, or I'm just not big enough for them to waste their time on.

I don't know if this is just the corporation speaking, and maybe Scott doesn't know that potential customers are being blown off like this. If it's not the way Scott actually does business, and anyone knows how to contact him, I'd like to have that information. Otherwise, I'm getting either a Dennis or Lidio tuner and program.

Rider90
01-20-2006, 08:35 AM
I've sent Scott an E-mail asking if he is too busy lately for individual tuning. Also letting him know that you're interested in his work. I'll let you know.

juno
01-20-2006, 08:37 AM
Sounds familiar, I have been waitng a month for them to fix my Predator tune which did not work and did not allow advertised changes such as a gear change.

Edit: Hence the thumb.

RF Overlord
01-20-2006, 08:38 AM
Apparently Diablosport is too big for its britches, or I'm just not big enough for them to waste their time on.

I don't know if this is just the corporation speaking, and maybe Scott doesn't know that potential customers are being blown off like this. If it's not the way Scott actually does business, and anyone knows how to contact him, I'd like to have that information. Otherwise, I'm getting either a Dennis or Lidio tuner and program.Plus, Dennis and Lidio are vendor/sponsors here...Diablosport is not.

If you are having this much trouble just getting in touch with Mr. Beer, how do you think their customer service will be in future, when you need assistance or if you want to change something about your tune (see juno's reply^^^)? Dennis and Lidio will ALWAYS talk to you...

Rider90
01-20-2006, 08:43 AM
Sounds familiar, I have been waitng a month for them to fix my Predator tune which did not work and did not allow advertised changes such as a gear change.
That was a big problem I had with Diablosport, and I was also blown off until I got Scott's name and E-mail address. He set me up with everything I needed. I also heard that there would be a new program release coming out for our tuners "In one week" when I complained...uh...IN APRIL. I love their product, I love Scott's tune, but to be perfectly honest I really do not like anyone on the front line. This is a big blow to Diablosport, but I still love their product, unfortunately they seem to have a few members on their team that don't want to dip into their own time to give us something we paid for (Ability to change gear ratios)

Ross
01-20-2006, 08:48 AM
Yeah, this is my only car, and when I need help, I need help. I previously had a Diablo chip and LOVED it. So I think that they make a good product, I just want to know that there are live human beings who will respond when needed.

juno
01-20-2006, 08:52 AM
I would prefer to use Dennis or Lidio but DS is in my backyard and I will have to drive an untuned TC car there. Though if this does not work, I may have to rethink my options.

BTW, they have not returned my emails in over a month. I spoke with someone today and he says he will turn it around in one day if I can get it to him. I will let everyone know how this works out.

STLR FN
01-20-2006, 09:08 AM
If you're having this much trouble with them now, what do you think it would be like in the future if you need them ASAP? IMHO, I would pick DR or Lidio. As stated before, you can get ahold of either one of them quickly and personally. Again JMHO.

Rider90
01-20-2006, 09:33 AM
In my opinion, Diablosport Tech wasn't any help to me when I asked them. But Scott Beer has been able to help me with anything and everything when I asked.

CRUZTAKER
01-20-2006, 10:07 AM
...trying not to hurt feelings....

The MM following made it pretty clear 2 years ago that the move from Diablo products to SCT was happening. Anyone that continued to use the product after all of our tuners and vendors here moved exclusively to SCT are pretty much on their own.

You were warned.

The SCT product and software continues to be used and updated for the Marauder applications. It all started with Jerry W. and blossomed from there.
Dennis, Lidio, and several others have continued to make variations from the original program. It is easy to find support from someone that not only has interest in our cars, but can modify and update programs for us..

I myself, and MANY other folks pitched our Diablo products as it became harder and harder to find someone that not only supported the product, but was willing and able to make software changes. I actually threw mine in trash.

SCT was, and is the way to go.

tmac1337
01-20-2006, 10:35 AM
I cannot comment on other owners experiences with Diablo however I can say myself that Scott has spent numerous hours on my car, and is available when I contact him. He has tuned more than a few Marauders now, but in fairness he is the only one at Diablo that has. The other guys there probably are not that interested. Let's remember that we own a limited production car that is ageing. With such a small market the big guys are not interested in products for the MM, most any product! Scott does a great job when you can get to him, but Diablo's interests involves the future, and the MM is not in it. SCT is currently having a bunch of problems themselves, but that is another story........

It is my opinion that set-up with a custom tune by Scott the tuning is second to none! But unfortunately Scott can't be available for everyone. Dave at Injected Racing has a bunch of Scott's tunes. Get one for your Predator. Dave will email it back to you within a few minutes! A tune on a NA car would probably work perfect. Dave can make any changes you want. Dave has everyone of my SCed tunes as well. Good luck!

Ross
01-20-2006, 11:06 AM
tmac, got any contact info on Dave at Injected Racing?

Rider90
01-20-2006, 11:11 AM
Scott just returned my e-mail! He sent me the phone number for the shop he is at, and out of the kindness of his heart he has been tweaking around new tunes and sent me one! I asked him in reply if I can give you, Ross, his phone number. I'll let you know.

Ross
01-20-2006, 11:20 AM
Thanks, buddy.

scottbeer
01-20-2006, 11:59 AM
Hello Marauder enthusiasts! Our office in Delray is currently our technical support office and we have a policy to direct all retail sales to our dealers.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com /><o:p><FONT face=Hello Marauder enthusiasts! Just wanted to drop you guys a line to make sure we here at Diablosport help you in any way we can.</o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
<o:p><font face=" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p><FONT face="Courier New">We then supply support to the dealers as well as individuals who use our products.</o:p>
<o:p>I like to help anyone I can with a custom tune but often have so many I can not keep up.</o:p>
<o:p>I would like to make sure you get the best support possible so I have an all new Marauder specific Predator coming out soon. This also means anyone with a current u7146 Predator will be able to update it to the new Marauder tool. This will be done by downloading an update into your tool from our website. </o:p>
<o:p>Dave at Injected Racing has been one of our dealers that keeps popping up in the Marauder market and I highly reccomend any of our dealers. I can supply them with any tunes I have done and they will be able to help you.</o:p>

Rider90
01-20-2006, 12:06 PM
Thank you again, Scott.

Ross
01-20-2006, 12:22 PM
I Googled Injected Racing and didn't see any entries. How do I contact them?

tmac1337
01-20-2006, 12:39 PM
Dave's phone number is 417-873-9900.

I believe his website is injectedracing.com

Marauderjack
01-20-2006, 01:01 PM
I am a "Dyed In The Wool" SCT guy who was forced to go with the DiabloSpost tuner when I bought my FIT ProCharger!!:cool: I have nothing but GOOD things to say about the SCT guys and the support they gave me and now the same GOOD things will be said about Mr. Beer & Company!!!:beer: :bows:

I had some serious issues with a "LOST" stock program and Dave Lamberson at Injected Racing along with the technicians at DiabloSport actually "Custom Made" my blower file from a stock program since mine had been corrupted by a past SCT tuning effort!!!:mad2:

A little patience on my part (NOT A VIRTUE OF MINE) and Dave was able to build me a program that really BOOGIES!!!!!:banana:

The Diablo tuner reads and clears trouble codes on all Fords and is a data logger as well!! Any imaginable transmission management configuration can be had with either tuner and user changes can be made if your dealer will send you basic files to work with!!:confused: ;)

It simply boils down to dealer preference and who you wish to do business with since both tuners will REALLY wake these beasts up!!:D

Marauderjack:burnout:

Ross
01-20-2006, 01:53 PM
Just spoke to Dave at Injected Racing. Nice guy, very helpful. He said that the only programs they have for MM's right now are for blown engines. He would have to develop a new program for NA engines. He sounded like this would be easy to do, but frankly I'm a bit hesitant to use my car as the guinea pig for a new, untested program.
As much as I wanted to consider all available options, it looks like a DR or Lidio program is in my future. Not that that's bad, mind you.

Smokie
01-20-2006, 01:59 PM
Just spoke to Dave at Injected Racing. Nice guy, very helpful. He said that the only programs they have for MM's right now are for blown engines. He would have to develop a new program for NA engines. He sounded like this would be easy to do, but frankly I'm a bit hesitant to use my car as the guinea pig for a new, untested program.
As much as I wanted to consider all available options, it looks like a DR or Lidio program is in my future. Not that that's bad, mind you.

Back in 2003 I purchased a program from Dennis for my '03 bonestock Marauder, it not only made the shift points perfect and very hard at WOT, it also propelled my otherwise bonestock MM. to a 14.4X in the 1/4. Money well spent in my opinion.

Marauderjack
01-20-2006, 02:12 PM
Ross,

The trick is trans management and Dave has that down PERFECTLY!! All he needs to do is fuel and spark tables...In fact Scott probably has that already??

Dave WILL stick with you until you are happy though...It's up to you which way yougo and I know you will be very pleased with either!!:beer:

Good Luck!!

Marauderjack:D

jstevens
01-20-2006, 02:55 PM
Save yourself the trouble and see www.alternativeauto.com

HwyCruiser
01-20-2006, 03:24 PM
The Diablo supercharged Marauder tune rocks! :bows: :bows: :bows:

MarauderTJA
01-20-2006, 09:07 PM
The Diablo supercharged Marauder tune rocks! :bows: :bows: :bows:

DITTO! Scott Beer is THE MAN:banana2:

Ross
01-21-2006, 07:50 AM
Thanks for all of the info and opinions. I would really love to try a Scott Beer tune, but frankly, if he's too busy to talk to me, he's too busy to take my money.

HwyCruiser
01-21-2006, 08:46 AM
Thanks for all of the info and opinions. I would really love to try a Scott Beer tune, but frankly, if he's too busy to talk to me, he's too busy to take my money.

Scott Beer is a master tuner employed directly by Diablo. He supports their dealers, their dealers support the end customers.

Isn't this how SCT works also? Do you plan on dealing with SCT employed tuners in Florida, or will go through one of their dealers such as Lidio or Dennis?

I guess I don't understand where that comment is coming from.

CRUZTAKER
01-21-2006, 10:40 AM
I just want to ad that I have the utmost respect for the FIT owners, users, and tuners.

I like your product, and my comment regarding Diablo had nothing to do with your S/C.

I was directing toward the newbies with stock Marauders merely looking for a basic chip or hand held tuner to fix the quirks on a stock MM.

If I had the FIT S/C, obviously I would e using the supporting software and hardware.;)

Ross
01-21-2006, 01:07 PM
Scott Beer is a master tuner employed directly by Diablo. He supports their dealers, their dealers support the end customers.

Isn't this how SCT works also? Do you plan on dealing with SCT employed tuners in Florida, or will go through one of their dealers such as Lidio or Dennis?

I guess I don't understand where that comment is coming from.

As I understand it, Scott is the "tuner", the man who actually does the programming which goes into the Daiblo device which puts the tune into your car.
Lidio and DR are "tuners" who put their programming into the SCT devices that put the tune into your car.
If I want to use a SCT device, I go to the actual "tuner", DR or Lidio to ask questions, resolve problems, etc.
If I want to use a Diablo device, I have to go to a local dealer who maybe has never heard of Scott and never seen a MM.
No matter which company's tuning device I use, I want to be able to talk to the actual guy who has put his work into the program, and therefore into my car.
I understand if it's just not economically feasible for Diablo to let Scott talk directly to customers. I also understand that Diablo has competitors who think differently.
My money, my car, I'm going to go with someone who isn't too important to talk to me. No disrespect or flames to anyone who chooses to spend their money differently.

MarauderTJA
01-21-2006, 01:50 PM

IN defense of Scott, that is not the case at all. Scott is an employee of Diablosport, one of the their top tuners and is tasked with numerous responsibilities. He really has no control on certain aspects of talking with general customers, and giving out tunes or taking your money.

I do understand your frustration though.

HwyCruiser
01-21-2006, 03:29 PM
As I understand it, Scott is the "tuner", the man who actually does the programming which goes into the Daiblo device which puts the tune into your car.
Lidio and DR are "tuners" who put their programming into the SCT devices that put the tune into your car.
If I want to use a SCT device, I go to the actual "tuner", DR or Lidio to ask questions, resolve problems, etc.
If I want to use a Diablo device, I have to go to a local dealer who maybe has never heard of Scott and never seen a MM.
No matter which company's tuning device I use, I want to be able to talk to the actual guy who has put his work into the program, and therefore into my car.
I understand if it's just not economically feasible for Diablo to let Scott talk directly to customers. I also understand that Diablo has competitors who think differently.
My money, my car, I'm going to go with someone who isn't too important to talk to me. No disrespect or flames to anyone who chooses to spend their money differently.

OK, now I see where you're going. But I don't think we are seeing Lidio and Scott in the same fashion. Lidio with Alternative Auto is an independent SCT dealer and tuner, Scott is a Diablo employee and tuner. Not the same level in the supply chain. Dave with Injected Racing is an in dependant Diablo dealer and tuner. Now we're on the same level in the supply chain.

I wouldn't go to a local independent Diablo dealer/tuner any quicker than I would have gone to a local independent SCT dealer/tuner when I was still using my n/a tune because the MAJORITY of tuners from either side of the supply chain don't know squat about Marauders. I went with Diablo because that is what came in the Procharger box and so did Dave's support. I would have been just as happy with an SCT box as long as it came with personal support. I've had both kinds and the support behind the hardware was what made me happy. I could care less about the brand.

I'm not trying to talk you into going with one brand vs. another. Go with what you feel comfortable with. It was just the "if Scott is too busy..." comment that confused me. I've never seen or talked to Scott Beer but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy the full effect of his efforts tuning the #1 and #2 F.I.T. mules. My tuner is Dave, and he answers his phone and emails. He has seat and dyno time in my Marauder. It's all the better that he has Scott's support if and when he needs it.

tmac1337
01-21-2006, 06:04 PM
Scott just tuned 4 Marauders today, with 2 different blower kits on them. Mine was one of them. Scott is into R&D at Diablo. The devices and base tunes go to the dealers who custom fine tune them to each persons individual car. Scott does custom tuning on cars here in FL. In the case of the Marauder, he learns things as time goes on, which is available to any dealer who asks. The programs are real close. Scott does not have enough time to answer all the phone calls, reply to every email, or do custom tuning over the internet which is very hard. For those of us in driving distance, he will tune any car on the weekend, his own time, no matter which blower you have installed.

Not in FL, don't want to contact a dealer, go ahead and spend your money somewhere else at the any other dealer of your choice. End of story.

MarauderMarc
01-26-2006, 10:09 AM
Scott just tuned 4 Marauders today, with 2 different blower kits on them. Mine was one of them. Scott is into R&D at Diablo. The devices and base tunes go to the dealers who custom fine tune them to each persons individual car. Scott does custom tuning on cars here in FL. In the case of the Marauder, he learns things as time goes on, which is available to any dealer who asks. The programs are real close. Scott does not have enough time to answer all the phone calls, reply to every email, or do custom tuning over the internet which is very hard. For those of us in driving distance, he will tune any car on the weekend, his own time, no matter which blower you have installed.

Not in FL, don't want to contact a dealer, go ahead and spend your money somewhere else at the any other dealer of your choice. End of story.

AMEN!!! Some people think its all about them and nothing else.

Ross
01-26-2006, 01:54 PM
AMEN!!! Some people think its all about them and nothing else.

All about me? Well, when I spend MY money on MY car, you bet it's about me. Sorry if some see that as selfish, I see it as good business. You have every right to see it otherwise.

juno
01-27-2006, 07:00 AM
Here is the scoop. After months of "miscommunication" and unhappiness on my part, I finally got through to DS yesterday and was rewarded with a Scott Beer tune with my gear change included. Just to be upfront with you guys, changing the axle ratio with the predator is not available for the marauder. They will be coming out with a program change to fix that, but at this point you have to send them your tune or they can send one already done.

I have only driven the car to work since putting in the tune and it is apparent it is a different beast. Nothing like the tune that came with the predator.

The shift schedule is a significant change. It does not appear to go into OD under 45 and appears to shift at higher RPM's under normal throttle pressure.

It does feel stonger. I don't know how to explain it, but perhaps one you other guys who have a good NA tune from Scott or Lidio or one of the other masters can chime in hear.
Even at light throttle and in OD at 50 it feels different. Before when I went into 4th you could feel the car just relax and kick back. Now it feels solid. You feel the shift, but instead of going soft the car feels much tighter. It is the same in every gear, like there is a lot more torque there. I am sure some of it has to do with the tranny schedule but there seems more to it then just that. I can't verify that there is until I get to the track but I would be very surprised if there is not a significant difference, I am guessing it will be .3 or better.
It might be more because mine was such a dog before.:)

MarauderMarc
01-27-2006, 08:25 AM
All about me? Well, when I spend MY money on MY car, you bet it's about me. Sorry if some see that as selfish, I see it as good business. You have every right to see it otherwise.

Scott IS a busy guy. Mon-Fri he works hard at developing new tunes for numerous new cars because thats what his employer (Diablosport) tells him to do. As a side job, he does personal tuning at an independant shop in Pompano Beach on Saturdays. On Sundays, he spends time with his wife and kids. It is not that he doesnt want to help each and every one of you out, its just that he has his plate full. Its only by sheer luck that I live close to him and he can personally dyno tune my car. So for everyone that feels that he is ignoring you and doesnt have time for you, maybe this will give a little insight.

Cobra25
01-27-2006, 01:24 PM
This is the way it it, Post # 32 by Tmac & Post #36 by MarauderMarc are 100% on the money. Bottom line is simple, A few of us were Very Lucky in getting a Custom Dyno tune From Scott. He does the best he can with the little bit of time he has, not meaning to be cold about it but if thats not good enough for you move on.

Ross
01-27-2006, 03:11 PM
He does the best he can with the little bit of time he has, not meaning to be cold about it but if thats not good enough for you move on.

I have. Thanks for the advice.

Ross
01-27-2006, 03:16 PM
Scott IS a busy guy. Mon-Fri he works hard at developing new tunes for numerous new cars because thats what his employer (Diablosport) tells him to do. As a side job, he does personal tuning at an independant shop in Pompano Beach on Saturdays. On Sundays, he spends time with his wife and kids. He is not that he doesnt want to help each and every one of you out, its just that he has his plate full. Its only by sheer luck that I live close to him and he can personally dyno tune my car. So for everyone that feels that he is ignoring you and doesnt have time for you, maybe this will give a little insight. Best thing to do is email him at scott@diablosport.com and have him email you a tune for your specific needs. The tune isnt free, but its well worth it.

No doubt Scott is a busy guy. Most people who are good at their jobs are, just like most of us. Lidio and DR are busy, too, but they find time to personally respond. That's all I have been saying, and all I'm saying now. When it comes to choosing between a busy guy who has the time for me, and a busy guy who doesn't, I'll spend my money with the one who has the time for me. It's how I prefer to spend my money. You spend yours the way you choose. That's why we each worked for it.
As far as the tune being free, I haven't asked anyone for any freebies yet. I'm willing to pay for what I get, but I will pay the guy whose voice I can personally hear on the phone. Don't know why that's so disturbing to some folks.

jstevens
01-27-2006, 06:00 PM
Ross you are correct,

I won't mention any names but my vendor is never too busy to discuss things. Just read my signature.

tmac1337
01-27-2006, 06:23 PM
Ross you are correct,

I won't mention any names but my vendor is never too busy to discuss things. Just read my signature.

I guess that's why the word is a lot of guys who have used your vendor are switching or already have to Diablo from your vendors choice of tuning software. Why they don't pipe up is up to them. Who is doing the future tuning ref. the upcoming blower projects? Maybe you should ask. No flame here........just facts.

tmac1337
01-27-2006, 06:27 PM
No doubt Scott is a busy guy. Most people who are good at their jobs are, just like most of us. Lidio and DR are busy, too, but they find time to personally respond. That's all I have been saying, and all I'm saying now.

And a few of us have told you that Scott is not a dealer but an R&D employee who is not a phone secretary but we are still debating it for some reason.

Ross
01-28-2006, 10:18 AM
And a few of us have told you that Scott is not a dealer but an R&D employee who is not a phone secretary but we are still debating it for some reason.

Hmmmm, I guess that means that Lidio and DR are just phone secretaries, huh? I still don't buy it.

juno
01-28-2006, 01:57 PM
As far as the tune being free, I haven't asked anyone for any freebies yet. I'm willing to pay for what I get, but I will pay the guy whose voice I can personally hear on the phone. Don't know why that's so disturbing to some folks.
Just in case you are referring to my situation. :)

I paid for a tune with the predator. I never spoke with Scott. I dealt with several other people to correct the issues with my predator and eventually I got the situation rectified and they are working on a permanent solution for the future guys and gals who purchase the Marauder tune/tuner.

Let's face it, we are a small group and relatvely few NA Marauder tunes have veen sold compared to the Mustangs, trucks, etc. Once the issues were brought to the table and understood by all I am very satisfied with the results.

I will be seeing them soon for a custom dyno tune and I am confident that when we spend some face time we can solve another small piece of the Marauder puzzle for the benefit of the rest of the owners. I know I have benefited from the people before me and I hope my cash and my particular issues can help to benefit the collective in the future. :D

I don't think those of us in my area are trying to make an issue of who is the best tuner. It just so happens we are using the best one that we know of close to us which is convenient to get the beasts on a dyno.

Edit: Anytime any of us bring our cars to a dyno with any of the good SCT or DS tuners they can fine tune a little more each time and we all benefit from the results.