PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Lidio!

FlyinMerc
01-20-2006, 10:24 AM
Been driving around with the Marauder Performance Tune for several days now. The car is much more satisfying compared to the stock program.
Thanks Lidio,
-Kam

ckadiddle
01-20-2006, 11:45 AM
Tune turns it into a different car, doesn't it? :)

Lidio
01-24-2006, 01:28 PM
Been driving around with the Marauder Performance Tune for several days now. The car is much more satisfying compared to the stock program.
Thanks Lidio,
-Kam

Your welcome and thanks for the support.

Eric91Z
01-24-2006, 02:07 PM
I just feel the need to put my input in on these threads. I love my XCal2 from Lidio, too. And I respect his work with the Marauder enough that I plan on driving out there this summer to have them do my 4.10 gear install.

Thanks for putting your knowledge to good work for us Marauder owners, too.

Hotrauder
01-24-2006, 02:37 PM
FlyinMerc, Ditto on Lidio. Lidio:= :bows: :bows: :bows: My SCT Tune, my Trilogy Tune and I am saving one or two for the in the car personal tune w/ trans 1 to 2 shift upgrade and 3.2 pulley JUST AROUND THE CORNER. Dennis:D :D :beer: Fun in the SUN, son.

MADDOG
01-26-2006, 11:33 AM
Aloha All,

Need some input. Which programer is better SCT or DIABLO. My current upgades to my 2004 Marauder are Super 40's with a Bassani X-pipe, JLT Ram Air Intake. With a future install of probably KOOK's headers.
What programer will work best with my set up?:confused:

MADDOG :coolman:

Rider90
01-26-2006, 12:38 PM
Aloha All,

Need some input. Which programer is better SCT or DIABLO. My current upgades to my 2004 Marauder are Super 40's with a Bassani X-pipe, JLT Ram Air Intake. With a future install of probably KOOK's headers.
What programer will work best with my set up?:confused:

MADDOG :coolman:
Do a search, this has just been discussed in detail. Within the last two weeks, IIRC.

Lidio
01-26-2006, 03:42 PM
Do a search, this has just been discussed in detail. Within the last two weeks, IIRC.

This is probably not a good question in my Forum being that I'm exclusively an SCT dealer. But as others might say... " To each his own".

I'm not Cocky enough and some times not informed enough to say why SCT is better then every one else, but from my vantage they are much better then every one else who sells tuning software, chips, and flash devices for Ford's.
I've worked with them for about two years now and will never look back. Yes their software and flashers are full of bugs... and I'm sure the other ones are as well. But for me and my shop, SCT has opened a lot of doors by allowing me to get into more Ford vehicles then just Mustangs and Lightnings, and more tables and controls then I've seen from other tuning software.

Plus you need to remember that as good as the software and flashing hardware my be... the end user/tuner has to be just s good and experienced as well with this stuff, other wise him and the software will not look good.

I use a lot of different tuning philosophies and methods that others don't agree with and others have been forced to copy or comply because they suffer from comparison. By this I mean for instance the whole TQ lock-up thing, especially on the MM's, the only draw back to this is that in city driving if your a little heavy with the pedal, they will get a little less MPG's, some of this is offset by being a little more aggressive with the spark.
This TQ lock-up thing has stirred some negative and positive reviews from different people... but at the end of the day, it works really good, causes no long term problems with the transmissions and overwhelmingly people love this when I do it, especially with the MM tunes I offer. I'm one of the only tuners that was into this TQ loc-up or "lack their of" years ago, where as most others leave it alone for fear of some thing. But in recent years I've seen my competitors tunes that I happen to some how or another get a look at or test drive, and I see that they to have deleted or limited Lock-up as I do. Not trying to take credit for it in any way or that I invented it. Its just that I know that a lot of other tuners weren't into deleting lock-up like Ive been and I think that when consumers get a taste of how much better they drive when its deleted like I do that other tuners take notice. This is just one of many things that I tend to do different or started to do different years ago.

Any way don't let this become a SCT bashing thread... I'll lock-it.

DEFYANT
01-26-2006, 05:13 PM
All I know is Lidio got my car running dam good.

And there could be more in it too. But we decided to stay on the safe side and leave it. So with my piss poor driving, I go my MM into the 11's.

Seems like my tuner knows his software and how to use it!

Thanks Lidio.

Don't feed the trolls.

sweetair
01-26-2006, 08:03 PM
This is probably not a good question in my Forum being that I'm exclusively an SCT dealer. But as others might say... " To each his own".

I'm not Cocky enough and some times not informed enough to say why SCT is better then every one else, but from my vantage they are much better then every one else who sells tuning software, chips, and flash devices for Ford's.
I've worked with them for about two years now and will never look back. Yes their software and flashers are full of bugs... and I'm sure the other ones are as well. But for me and my shop, SCT has opened a lot of doors by allowing me to get into more Ford vehicles then just Mustangs and Lightnings, and more tables and controls then I've seen from other tuning software.

Plus you need to remember that as good as the software and flashing hardware my be... the end user/tuner has to be just s good and experienced as well with this stuff, other wise him and the software will not look good.

I use a lot of different tuning philosophies and methods that others don't agree with and others have been forced to copy or comply because they suffer from comparison. By this I mean for instance the whole TQ lock-up thing, especially on the MM's, the only draw back to this is that in city driving if your a little heavy with the pedal, they will get a little less MPG's, some of this is offset by being a little more aggressive with the spark.
This TQ lock-up thing has stirred some negative and positive reviews from different people... but at the end of the day, it works really good, causes no long term problems with the transmissions and overwhelmingly people love this when I do it, especially with the MM tunes I offer. I'm one of the only tuners that was into this TQ loc-up or "lack their of" years ago, where as most others leave it alone for fear of some thing. But in recent years I've seen my competitors tunes that I happen to some how or another get a look at or test drive, and I see that they to have deleted or limited Lock-up as I do. Not trying to take credit for it in any way or that I invented it. Its just that I know that a lot of other tuners weren't into deleting lock-up like Ive been and I think that when consumers get a taste of how much better they drive when its deleted like I do that other tuners take notice. This is just one of many things that I tend to do different or started to do different years ago.

Any way don't let this become a SCT bashing thread... I'll lock-it.Lidio, we spoke a month or so about tuning my 03 300B. I spoke with Jerry Barnes prior to calling you, and was under the impression that I could send my chip to you, you would re-flash it for a smaller pulley, I'm thinking only a 3.2 inch, send it with a new belt back and I could install it. No problem. You stated that you don't do 03's unless I bring it to you or you to it. Yours is an 03. I would like to get the two of you together, but am not sure when that could happen. Could you (sorry for this) re-explain why the 03 is different from the 04. I know a few reasons, the tranny, and single vs dbl knock sensors, different valve covers etc, but aren't they pretty much the same animal?? Let me know please. I really want your handy work in this ride.......