PDA

View Full Version : Lidio's Tune

KillJoy
01-20-2006, 04:49 PM
Lidio Rocks!

I just got a used SCT Chip from Mad4Macs. It has one of Lidio's "standard" tunes on it. M4M's car and mine are configured the same (stock).

All I can say is "WOW!" The tires now break from a stop. Acceleration feels much arder and several times quicker.

I know this is nothing new to you guys who have used Lidio's Tunes before, but if you haven't....GET ONE! You will not regret it! Well your tires may....but not you:D

KillJoy

CRUZTAKER
01-20-2006, 05:15 PM
We should take a ride up to his shop this summer and personalize that tune.;)

MikesMerc
01-20-2006, 05:33 PM
Barry is right. The "out of the box" tune is great. But getting a custom tune is even better:)

Now, be aware, that without other mods to the car a custom tune may not net you a whole lot more. But, if you throw other mods in, a custom tune becomes much more valuable.

Glad you enjoy your new tune. Lidio truly does a sweet job on the marauder tune.

Petrograde
01-20-2006, 06:40 PM
Out of curiosity,.. does Lidio sell just tunes? I already have the XCal2,.. I like my tune,. but I may need a new one.

Lidio
01-21-2006, 08:01 PM
Out of curiosity,.. does Lidio sell just tunes? I already have the XCal2,.. I like my tune,. but I may need a new one.

Yes I do sell the tune by its self. All you have to do is send us a SCT flasher that's already locked to your car or is free'd up and I'll install a pre-done tune for $150.00 which includes shipping back to you.

If the flasher is locked to another car other then one you own, which has happened to us with guys who are purchasing them used (while some how or another not properly unlocked)... if this is the case it'll be your responsibility to get it unlocked. Officially I'm not sure whats supposed to happen with this situation... when they come to me in a locked stage to a different car then what the owner's car is, I simply return them and let them deal with it.

Petrograde
01-21-2006, 08:18 PM
cool,... My tuner has closed his doors :( If I need to swich tunes I'll give you a call.

Thanks man! :up:

BruteForce
01-21-2006, 08:24 PM
Yes I do sell the tune by its self. All you have to do is send us a SCT flasher that's already locked to your car or is free'd up and I'll install a pre-done tune for $150.00 which includes shipping back to you.

What would you need as far as info to build the tune? List of mods? I'd be interested in comparing yours to what I have.

Mad4Macs
01-22-2006, 05:39 AM
I'm not sure if you could call my old chip an "out of the box" tune. I live close by Alternative Automotive, and Lidio, after installing the chip in his shop, took my car out for a few drives.
He looked, he listened, he tweaked.
He took input from me (not that I knew anything), then made adjustments using his laptop until he was happy.
I can't even begin to state how happy I was with the service! I mean, I go in to buy a chip, and next thing I know, I'm running up 'n down Gratiot getting a "mini tune" of sorts. Lidio loves his job, and it shows.
Glad the chip worked for you! :beer:

CRUZTAKER
01-22-2006, 07:58 AM
He looked, he listened, he tweaked.
He took input from me (not that I knew anything), then....

I was quite impressed with the up close and personal(ized) drive-along, in-the-car, tune as we go kinda service.

Indeed, being able to tune at his place rather than mail is really rewarding.

Daily 03
01-22-2006, 03:09 PM
I was also very pleased with Lidio's tune and install of 4.10s. I plan on having him do a Custom Tune for me when I go up for the Woodward Cruise this summer. Lidio Rocks.
Dale

KillJoy
01-30-2006, 10:48 AM
Man, I can't believe I didn't see these replies! Yeah, this tune is great! Unfortunately, I'm gonna have to have some work done to it. :( I got JUICE! :D

Now I'm gonna need to get the chip turned into the Switch Chip, have a NOS Tune and get a whole bunch of advice! Lidio, be expecting a call from me soon! :)

KillJoy

DEFYANT
01-30-2006, 11:01 AM
Lidio,

Currently I have the Xcal2. I'd like one of those 4 position flip chips I heard about and still be able to data log. Specificly, I want a tune for:

1 current (most excellent) tune
2 bad gas
3 valet - limited to 15 mph
4 race gas

What say ye ole wise Marauder tuner? Can it be done? How much? And, would you want the car there?

Thanks
:beer:

KillJoy
01-30-2006, 12:01 PM
Hmmmm...... Valet mode would be nice. But, I would say locked by RPM, not speed. Say, 1500 RPM?

KillJoy

Lidio
02-01-2006, 09:42 AM
Lidio,

Currently I have the Xcal2. I'd like one of those 4 position flip chips I heard about and still be able to data log. Specificly, I want a tune for:

1 current (most excellent) tune
2 bad gas
3 valet - limited to 15 mph
4 race gas

What say ye ole wise Marauder tuner? Can it be done? How much? And, would you want the car there?

Thanks
:beer:

I can make a four position chip with no problem at all and you could continue to data log with an Xcal-II as long as a special cable/adapter is used with the Xcal-II when a chip is installed at the same time. I really don't need the car to do most of this but I think it would be cool if you could find an excuse to visit me again, buy me dinner at Cappers, and we'll test and tune your car some more on the local streets and/or the dyno to make sure every thing is good to go :)

As far as a valet mode goes: I do lots of them and they work great. usually what I do is make the neutral limiter at 3000rpm so you cant free rev it to the moon, I make the drive or in gear rpm limiter at about 3500 so it cant be over revved or abused in any gear while actually driving the car like in manual 1st or 2nd etc. And finally I put the speed limiter where ever the customer requests... most of the time its any where from 30mph to70mph to control a teenager or a valet guy or some thing. I even will pull power or TQ from the car by reducing ignition timing at medium to full throttle positions.

Thanks

KillJoy
02-01-2006, 09:51 AM
Hmmmm.....Valet Mode....or WIFE MODE :D Yup honey....that all the fast it goes :)

KillJoy

KillJoy
02-01-2006, 09:52 AM
Woops....wrong thread!

Killjoy

DEFYANT
02-01-2006, 10:04 PM
I can make a four position chip with no problem at all and you could continue to data log with an Xcal-II as long as a special cable/adapter is used with the Xcal-II when a chip is installed at the same time. I really don't need the car to do most of this but I think it would be cool if you could find an excuse to visit me again, buy me dinner at Cappers, and we'll test and tune your car some more on the local streets and/or the dyno to make sure every thing is good to go :)

As far as a valet mode goes: I do lots of them and they work great. usually what I do is make the neutral limiter at 3000rpm so you cant free rev it to the moon, I make the drive or in gear rpm limiter at about 3500 so it cant be over revved or abused in any gear while actually driving the car like in manual 1st or 2nd etc. And finally I put the speed limiter where ever the customer requests... most of the time its any where from 30mph to70mph to control a teenager or a valet guy or some thing. I even will pull power or TQ from the car by reducing ignition timing at medium to full throttle positions.

Thanks

Thank you sir. Steak dinner? Yer on! I guess you could say you got my wheels turning now.... :cool: . Expect a phone call.