PDA

View Full Version : Where are they?????????????

William B
01-22-2006, 02:55 PM
West coast? I'm the only one??? Come on!! Lets hook up and go to Paris motor speedway for some rice rocket killing

whoskal
01-22-2006, 03:37 PM
No your not the only one.....where are you located????

William B
01-27-2006, 05:49 PM
Redlands cal. 04 SC 410's cold air, inserts, and and...

JACook
01-30-2006, 11:33 AM
Garden Grove, California
There are at least two other MMs in this part of The OC, but I don't think the owners are active here...

69mach1
01-31-2006, 07:55 PM
Poway, California

Still here, just burried under a pile of work and projects :P
I think the SD MM military folks are out to sea or shipped back home:o

kartherma
02-01-2006, 07:47 AM
Yes, Some of us military guys shipped back home, others have been stationed elsewhere and I am on deployment.I hit Brisbane Australia for a liberty port last week.If I hit the lottery I am moving there. I could not talk to a 9 for more than ten minutes before a 9.1 came along. Soon enough I was on sensory overload. Rough thing though…5000 sailors = major c*ck-blockage potential. As you would expect, my boss and his boss showed up to “show the young pup” how it works. At first when they walked in they looked right at me and my bud and went on…I was happy. But not for long. They both circled the dang bar and came over and sat right next to us. I was unhappy with the major sausage fest now going on and bailed over to the bar only to meet three HOT blondes and was talking with them for a little over 30 minutes when my boss comes up to the 4 of us and tells me right in front of them how he made two laps around the bar and indeed I was talking to the hottest women in the bar. (they were, at that time, the hottest) So, as anyone would guess, there went that 30 minutes right down the drain. I changed tactics. I set the three of them over with those “dudes” and then commenced to send no less that ten more women over to them in the hopes that they would friggin hook up and LEAVE ME ALONE!No, they just wouldn’t take the bait. So I went back to the first tactic…bail on that group and head into the crowd alone. It was like de-ja-vu. Just as soon as I spent about 15 minutes with again some really attractive women (they love our accent and it is sooooooo easy to get their attention) well, the dude comes over and says the SAME DANG THING!!! A night I loved and hated all rolled into one. I know what is going to happen the next time I go there. I learned my lesson the hard way and it wont happen again! Anyways, Blackie just got finished at the body shop and is headed back over to Doug (the man) to spend some time in the mechanic's shop getting her paws straightened.I need help. My internet access is horrible and I cannot find the right spec's for the famous alignment. Can one of you guys with actual internet access hook a stuck on an aircraft carrier with crappy access brother up with the specs by posting them in this thread??Be Good,Curt

69mach1
02-01-2006, 08:38 PM
Hey Kurt

Good to hear from you. Here's the info you were looking for:

The inside edge wear of the front tires is caused by 2 things: negative camber and negative toe (toe out). Caster is not a tire wearing angle. The outside edge wear can be caused by excessive toe in and aggressive cornering.

Factory camber spec is -.5 degrees +or- .75 degrees
Factory toe spec is -.15 degrees +or- .20 degrees
(BTW, this info came from their website which is updated periodically and may differ from previously published material, such as cd's and paper manuals)

That means your alignment could have -1.25 degrees of camber and toe out of -.35 degrees and still be in the "green". This will wipe out the inside edges in <20K miles IMO.

All of the MM's I've aligned (about 10) had at least -1.0 degrees of camber and always toe out of -.10 degrees or more from the factory. That's why almost all MM's you see have excessive inside edge tire wear.

For best tire wear, here is what I use on all MM alignments:
Camber: 0 to -.3 degrees.*
Toe: Zero degrees.
Caster: 5-6.5 degrees positive with .3 degree lead on the right side.

*Camber can affect cornering feel. The more negative camber you have, the better it will handle corners. Most drivers will never feel the difference, especially on the street.ffice:office" /><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com<o:p></o:p>

Hope this helps

jefferson-mo
02-02-2006, 01:39 PM
West coast? I'm the only one??? Come on!! Lets hook up and go to Paris motor speedway for some rice rocket killing

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............. ......do you mean 'Perris' speedway??