PDA

View Full Version : Question on brake pads

Cobra25
01-23-2006, 04:03 PM
I'm going to buy some drilled & Slotted rotors for my Marauder. Now Napa has AE Metallic pads $66- Ceramix Pads $81 - & Severe Duty metallic pad with ceramic in them $79. I'm looking for a set of pads that have the best stopping power leaving my present cal's on. Are these pads really good or is their better ones out their?

StevenJ
01-23-2006, 04:11 PM
Copy cat....... Just kidding. Good luck with getting the rotors replaced. Brake jobs can end up being, quiet expensive.

SouLRioT
01-23-2006, 04:42 PM
Did you buy them yet? Go for the whole brake upgrade package.... Better yet I'm going to call you....

Cobra25
01-23-2006, 05:55 PM
What about the brake Pads they use on the CVPI's? I heard they are alot better. Any truth to it.

Rider90
01-23-2006, 05:57 PM
What about the brake Pads they use on the CVPI's? I heard they are alot better. Any truth to it.
I didn't think so. I had two CVPIs, brakes felt about the same. All rotors warped too :P

DEFYANT
01-23-2006, 06:11 PM

We have the same brakes as the CVPIs

Infact, I have been looking for a place to post this...

Since I installed the new Baer brakes, I noticed how nice the MM stops. I also notice that my CVPI really took a beating the other day and the brakes never faded or warped. I began to wonder why the original MM brakes did not seem to be up to the same task with the comparable Marauder.

Then I realized. The MM has 18inch rims, the CVPI has the standard 17inch steel wheels.

Could the difference be in the leverage the larger wheels have under severe conditions?